Will Best Buy ever get ATQ? Seems like backorder from day 1

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
attackslug
New Vassal
New Vassal

Will Best Buy ever get ATQ? Seems like backorder from day 1

Postby attackslug » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

Figured I should post this here as well as emailing support (because last time I emailed support I never got an answer, and maybe somebody actually reads the forums)

The first day Best Buy put up the order page (the 16th), was when I put my order in. I had gift cards to spend so it seemed like a logical choice. I mean they carried Rorona and Neptunia, what could go wrong?

So I ordered through "ship to store" because it's about 5 minutes away and I had other games to play in the meantime, so I didn't need it super fast...

22 days later...

At first BB was assuring me it would be in today (the 6th), but 2 days ago they sent me an email saying back-ordered. How can something be on back-order if you never got any copies to begin with?

Called today and they said the manufacturer never sent them any, and it could be "up to 90 days"

So will NISA ever send them any copies? Or will I have to give up on my gift cards and pay full price for this? (Something I really can't afford right now)

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

-attackslug
my life is like a magazine
so many issues

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Will Best Buy ever get ATQ? Seems like backorder from day 1

Postby Gene » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm

An advice for you when dealing with bad customer service on retail store. Go to the store, talk to the manager, and explain the issue. If the manager is not helping you at all, go talk to district manager, tell them about what happen, and if you're lucky, you might get a free gift card or discount on your delay purchase.

Also another thing you can do. Threaten them that you will report it to Department of Consumer Affairs for false advertisement ;)
Spoiler:

attackslug
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby attackslug » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Kind of hard to blame the store if they never got sent copies of the game in the first place (or if they believed they would get copies and NISA just never sent them)

I mean, if NISA has no plans to sent Best Buy copies of this game, or I'm expected to wait for another print run that may or may not happen (and obviously would not have the box/soundtrack), then at least tell me now.

Not knowing is the worst part.
my life is like a magazine
so many issues

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

attackslug wrote:Kind of hard to blame the store if they never got sent copies of the game in the first place (or if they believed they would get copies and NISA just never sent them)

I mean, if NISA has no plans to sent Best Buy copies of this game, or I'm expected to wait for another print run that may or may not happen (and obviously would not have the box/soundtrack), then at least tell me now.

Not knowing is the worst part.

Well, that may be an employee misinforming you. I know of a time when Gamestop said that, and then I found out that they just decided not to carry the game for whatever reason.

It would be best to speak to the manager though.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 am

If you sent them money...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Zyco
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Zyco » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 am

You may have to look elsewhere. Best Buy is pretty bad about getting in some of the Imports I am finding out. The one near me says it has 2 Radiant Historias in stock and never had any out. They never have any NIS games in, but what is funny is that they have a few Trinity Universe's in but nothing else.

I had better luck with Gamestop for imports... there is a new one near me and I found and bought Rorona LE($39), ATQ LE, and Hyperdimension Neptunia LE.

I am not really a fan of Gamestop, basically I hate that they were so hardcore with used games that they pretty much hid any new game unless you pre-ordered it. But I think they have changed some as a company and seem to display newer games better now so you can browse their stock easier. PLus there is always Amazon and Toys R Us.
http://twitter.com/hawthe
PSN - Googenstien

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”