So, I know GUST said that but...(SPOILERS VERY LIKELY)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: So, I know GUST said that but...(SPOILERS VERY LIKELY)

Postby aquagon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Ronove wrote:I want a prequal.
Spoiler:
Show us Grathnode inferia.
I want to see the other neo pure blooded betas that were produced like Mir. Tenba did something with one (she died?) and the other 2 apparently went down with the wings of Horus. But nothing is for sure.

I'd type more but I am playing 3 now. I want more of these games too, but prequal has sooo much material at its disposal.

A sequal would still be kick ass though. The only setting/character limitations would be on the origins and Mir though. They can only travel where their server allows them or they'll die.

Spoiler:
However, all of the three Towers launched relay satellites for their serves after the planet was restored. Otherwise, the events on the drama CDs and the At3 novel wouldn't be possible.

Ronove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ronove » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 am

aquagon wrote:
Spoiler:
I want to see the other neo pure blooded betas that were produced like Mir. Tenba did something with one (she died?) and the other 2 apparently went down with the wings of Horus. But nothing is for sure.

I'd type more but I am playing 3 now. I want more of these games too, but prequal has sooo much material at its disposal.

A sequal would still be kick ass though. The only setting/character limitations would be on the origins and Mir though. They can only travel where their server allows them or they'll die.

Spoiler:
However, all of the three Towers launched relay satellites for their serves after the planet was restored. Otherwise, the events on the drama CDs and the At3 novel wouldn't be possible.

Spoiler:
Really?? I didn't know that much. I have zero idea what happens in those, but I would certainly like to find out. Are there translations anywhere? I am guessing no.
Calm down. You're being dramatic.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:27 am

aquagon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The drama CD's are very interesting. I don't have a translation or anything, but I'm working on figuring them out by listening to them.
Spoiler:
If I'm right, one of them details the encounter Sasha and Cocona had when they first arrived in Ar Ciel?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Wilhem
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Wilhem » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Like many, I would gladly welcome more AT game. As long as the lore and Reyvateils are here I don't care if these games takes place 10000 years in the past (I know it is not possible :roll: ) or 10000 years in the future. The AT lore is too good to be left to rot after only 3 (great) games.

gamerboy133
Majin
Majin

Postby gamerboy133 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Wilhem wrote:Like many, I would gladly welcome more AT game. As long as the lore and Reyvateils are here I don't care if these games takes place 10000 years in the past (I know it is not possible :roll: ) or 10000 years in the future. The AT lore is too good to be left to rot after only 3 (great) games.

For sure, they could have MANY more games and they should we all hope they will.
guess what..I Am JuSt A lItTlE InSaNe guess what else?

I DONT REALLY CARE!! ;)

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed May 11, 2011 4:15 am

Christ, what's with all the bots lately
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

S u r i
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby S u r i » Sun May 15, 2011 9:21 am

I can certainly see why they said they'd end this series as a trilogy. It went full circle and eliminated the Sea of Death on the planet, and made it habitable again. People are no longer confined to living in the skies in towers.

While I do understand why they'd end the AT series as a trilogy, the ending of AT3 leaves a lot for speculation. I mean...they eliminated the Sea of Death, and made the surface of Ar Ciel habitable. Wouldn't this mean that the people from Sol Ciel and Metafalss can also come down to the surface and live? Everyone would meet and it would be one big Ar tonelico party. With that said, wouldn't there be a little conflict that could spur up a new game that brings everything and everyone together. Maybe with the old characters pretty aged and giving the new main characters occassional help (like with what Cocona, Krusche, and Jack did in AT3)?

That's my two cents. I really wouldn't mind another game. I've been satisfied with this series so far, I'm just glad to have seen it through this far. =3

Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Thu May 26, 2011 9:07 am

I'd love to see more of Ar Tonelico. I personally feel each sequel did some things better, and some things worse, than its predecessors, but they were great games without exception.

Prequels or sequels would be great. There's a lot of backstory material that could make for some good games. For sequels, I'd think it'd be better to set it quite a bit further down the timeline. While it'd be awesome to see a big AT mega-cast, there doesn't seem to be any more evil organizations or imminent threats to the world at this point. What is there really left for them to do?

gamerboy133 wrote:
XCronoX wrote:How about a chick MC and male reyvateils?

Please no i can't even imagine that

No way I'd want to see that, but it might be possible.
Spoiler:
I recall Tyria asking Aoto once if he was a "Medley," apparently a human with Reyvateilic qualities. Perhaps it goes into greater detail on her route, idk.

Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tykun » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am

... lol... I KNEW a megacast would be mentioned here somewhere down the line... really that's the biggest thing I could ever hope to receive from GUST... but like everyone else... I would gladly... accept another sequel or a prequel... this series holds the trophy of the best soundtrack in video game history for me... and while a trilogy sounds like a perfect package in itself... I would gladly take in another set.
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 am

S u r i wrote:I can certainly see why they said they'd end this series as a trilogy. It went full circle and eliminated the Sea of Death on the planet, and made it habitable again. People are no longer confined to living in the skies in towers.

While I do understand why they'd end the AT series as a trilogy, the ending of AT3 leaves a lot for speculation. I mean...they eliminated the Sea of Death, and made the surface of Ar Ciel habitable. Wouldn't this mean that the people from Sol Ciel and Metafalss can also come down to the surface and live? Everyone would meet and it would be one big Ar tonelico party. With that said, wouldn't there be a little conflict that could spur up a new game that brings everything and everyone together. Maybe with the old characters pretty aged and giving the new main characters occassional help (like with what Cocona, Krusche, and Jack did in AT3)?

That's my two cents. I really wouldn't mind another game. I've been satisfied with this series so far, I'm just glad to have seen it through this far. =3
I thought that was the content of the novels?

shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Postby shadowflux1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 pm

:idea: perhaps there is a loophole here, if they said no more Ar Tonelico games, well that doesent have to be it, Ar Tonelico if I'm not mistaken translates to One Sacred tree or Tower, something along those lines. (perhaps someone with better hymm knowedge can help on precision.) anyway with a title like that, coupled with every game being on its own unique tower, Perhaps the next title to carry the Lore torch will be an "Ar Ciel" game instead since it can take place on the planet itself instead of being limited to the towers. could be distant future where towers have disputes with one another (though that would be patheticly simple in its predictability) or deal with the expansion (or re-expansion) of human civilization but with the revateils involved this time, if you go that route then there could be opposing forces between those who live on the planet's surface and those who chose to remain on the towers. mabe Mir can go off to some distant continent and create her Revatelia that she wanted so badly. mabe an Origin goes missing and the other two towers have to send help. IDK the possibilities are endless as far as story options go, the point remains that there is simply too much Lore established to not continue to build upon in some way or another, even if the series migrates to another medium (Ie Manga, Anime etc) It could still have possibilities.
:ugeek: just food for thought. :ugeek:
RantRantRant...........
Lovebar made by Rarutos

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:32 am

While I agree with the world of Ar Ciel having an infinite number of ways at its disposal to make new entries in the series, I don't think that it's possible anymore for a Reyvateilia to exist, at least coming from Mir, since that would defeat her development as a character (especially since that wasn't her idea to begin with: she was given these ideas by Ayatane and Clustania).

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:29 am

aquagon wrote:While I agree with the world of Ar Ciel having an infinite number of ways at its disposal to make new entries in the series, I don't think that it's possible anymore for a Reyvateilia to exist, at least coming from Mir, since that would defeat her development as a character (especially since that wasn't her idea to begin with: she was given these ideas by Ayatane and Clustania).
No, I'm pretty sure she'd still do it, with at least one exception ;)

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 pm

betaflame wrote:No, I'm pretty sure she'd still do it, with at least one exception ;)

And what reason would she have for it?
At the end of At3, there aren't any places left that oppresses the Reyvateils.

shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Postby shadowflux1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm

I should have elaborated on that point more, I dont mean that she would continue the "Wipe out all humans" approach, simply that she may still desire a place for only revateils to live. Because of the now vast ammount of land that the planet has to offer, she could create this ideal home of hers without having to impose on the territory of others in the process. It was only a large threat to the populus because there was no way to escape from human populated areas (and the oppression yes). Because of that she would have to clear them out to have such a home. I do agree that the "Original" concept of revatelia would however not be remotely reasonable, unless some humans say killed Croix for reasons associated with them being together or something bad enough to cause her personality to revert to some degree. If nothing else she or someone could set it up as a santuary for revateils who dislike humans to keep them seperated for the betterment of both sides. Perhaps not widespread but there will always be unfair prejudices against those who are different, its in human nature (unfortunately) :? .

:idea: A hole in my own theory here, Mir is a Beta therefore she can not travel more than a certain distance from her home tower without extreme problems, what was it? turns into water or something?

Just have to say Mir was and is my favorite Revateil partner choice of any of the three games, because even with all her quirks/dangers she has one thing I hold in high standards. She is always Honest and usually straight forward with people.

Also Aquagon, you are referring to the Ayatane of ATIII correct? because, though it has been a while since I played through the first one I thought Mir created that Ayatane.
Lovebar made by Rarutos

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”