So, I know GUST said that but...(SPOILERS VERY LIKELY)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: So, I know GUST said that but...(SPOILERS VERY LIKELY)

Postby aquagon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

shadowflux1 wrote:I should have elaborated on that point more, I dont mean that she would continue the "Wipe out all humans" approach, simply that she may still desire a place for only revateils to live. Because of the now vast ammount of land that the planet has to offer, she could create this ideal home of hers without having to impose on the territory of others in the process. It was only a large threat to the populus because there was no way to escape from human populated areas (and the oppression yes). Because of that she would have to clear them out to have such a home. I do agree that the "Original" concept of revatelia would however not be remotely reasonable, unless some humans say killed Croix for reasons associated with them being together or something bad enough to cause her personality to revert to some degree. If nothing else she or someone could set it up as a santuary for revateils who dislike humans to keep them seperated for the betterment of both sides. Perhaps not widespread but there will always be unfair prejudices against those who are different, its in human nature (unfortunately) :? .

:idea: A hole in my own theory here, Mir is a Beta therefore she can not travel more than a certain distance from her home tower without extreme problems, what was it? turns into water or something?

Just have to say Mir was and is my favorite Revateil partner choice of any of the three games, because even with all her quirks/dangers she has one thing I hold in high standards. She is always Honest and usually straight forward with people.

Also Aquagon, you are referring to the Ayatane of ATIII correct? because, though it has been a while since I played through the first one I thought Mir created that Ayatane.

Ah, okay then. If it's on these terms, then we agree.

As for the problem with the Betas, that was already solved: Sasha and the three Tower Administrators have created a relay network that connects the three Towers, allowing any Reyvateil to travel to any Tower freely, and without any problematic consequences.

As for Ayatane, I was actually mentioning the one in her backstory (Ayatane Michitaka Kirinami), which served as the base for the Ayatanes from At1 and At2. The one in At3 (Ayatane Kureha Kirinami) is a descendant of him, and still has the same rotten ideals that the Teru from Sol Cluster had since the Seven Bloodstains (humans are crap that only deserve to die and the Reyvateils are god-like beings).

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:56 pm

I am highly disappointed that Mir did not appear in AT3, despite the fact that she more or less set in motion the events that ultimately restored the planet for good. Hell, if it wasn't for her, the planet would have exploded.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:12 pm

LAMV wrote:I am highly disappointed that Mir did not appear in AT3, despite the fact that she more or less set in motion the events that ultimately restored the planet for good. Hell, if it wasn't for her, the planet would have exploded.

And there was no possibility of that happening, considering how the setting of At3 works.

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:20 pm

aquagon wrote:
LAMV wrote:I am highly disappointed that Mir did not appear in AT3, despite the fact that she more or less set in motion the events that ultimately restored the planet for good. Hell, if it wasn't for her, the planet would have exploded.

And there was no possibility of that happening, considering how the setting of At3 works.

Which is what I thought until I got the Tyria good ending (not true ending)

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

betaflame wrote:
aquagon wrote:

With the difference that Mir didn't have Sasha on her side to make a relay to Ar tonelico. Tyria and Aoto, on the other hand, had her help for making a relay to Harvestasha.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm

aquagon wrote:
betaflame wrote:
aquagon wrote:

With the difference that Mir didn't have Sasha on her side to make a relay to Ar tonelico. Tyria and Aoto, on the other hand, had her help for making a relay to Harvestasha.

Well.. though that's true in Ar tonelico 3, before Sasha and Cocona went to on their way to the third tower, Mir would've had the luxury of Sasha's skills, as she was in the party that had befriended her
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:15 pm

CelticRedemption wrote:
Well.. though that's true in Ar tonelico 3, before Sasha and Cocona went to on their way to the third tower, Mir would've had the luxury of Sasha's skills, as she was in the party that had befriended her

There's also the problem that immediately after At2, Sasha had her hands full with making the airship that she and Cocona rode to go to Sol Cluster. In fact, I'm currently translating an story from the Settei Book that covers the last test flight of the airship, and their departure (storywise, it's located between At2 and Cocona's Hymmnos Musical).

EDIT: Scratch off the final sentence I posted before. That story (and by extension, the rest of the History Section for At3's Settei Book) is completely translated now. :D

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

aquagon wrote:
CelticRedemption wrote:

There's also the problem that immediately after At2, Sasha had her hands full with making the airship that she and Cocona rode to go to Sol Cluster. In fact, I'm currently translating an story from the Settei Book that covers the last test flight of the airship, and their departure (storywise, it's located between At2 and Cocona's Hymmnos Musical).

EDIT: Scratch off the final sentence I posted before. That story (and by extension, the rest of the History Section for At3's Settei Book) is completely translated now. :D
link please

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:16 pm

B4ULoveShine
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby B4ULoveShine » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:25 pm

vampko wrote:It's not like 3 really shut down the series. There are still tons of things that could be done with the Ar tonelicoverse. I thought that this game 'tied up everything' as someone else put it. But, it still barely touches the surface of the overlying things. All it did was solve the problem (temporarily) of Ar Ciel. As with the other Ar tonelico's, it basically just solved their own problems. Also they could seriously think about fixing the world, and not all these artificial places they have.

They of course, likely won't go that route, but I really do think this series is nowhere near the actual end. Please, add your own thoughts to how this could continue, or debate how it really did tie up everything. I tend to get things wrong pretty often, so this could easily be me misinformed or misinterpreting something.

Either way, let's discuss the future of Ar tonelico ~

Personally speaking, I've always thought Ar tonelico would be better off sold to NIS, given Namco Bandai's priorities (read: Dragonball and Naruto).

Since NIS America handled the outside of Japan marketing, I believe NIS, in general, would handle the franchise better than Namco Bandai did. In addition, this franchise would receive a much-needed fresh air, since it only got buried by Dragonball and Naruto.
Same dude on YT, FC, Twitter.

PS: Feel free to call me Tim.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:54 pm

B4ULoveShine wrote:
vampko wrote:It's not like 3 really shut down the series. There are still tons of things that could be done with the Ar tonelicoverse. I thought that this game 'tied up everything' as someone else put it. But, it still barely touches the surface of the overlying things. All it did was solve the problem (temporarily) of Ar Ciel. As with the other Ar tonelico's, it basically just solved their own problems. Also they could seriously think about fixing the world, and not all these artificial places they have.

They of course, likely won't go that route, but I really do think this series is nowhere near the actual end. Please, add your own thoughts to how this could continue, or debate how it really did tie up everything. I tend to get things wrong pretty often, so this could easily be me misinformed or misinterpreting something.

Either way, let's discuss the future of Ar tonelico ~

Personally speaking, I've always thought Ar tonelico would be better off sold to NIS, given Namco Bandai's priorities (read: Dragonball and Naruto).

Since NIS America handled the outside of Japan marketing, I believe NIS, in general, would handle the franchise better than Namco Bandai did. In addition, this franchise would receive a much-needed fresh air, since it only got buried by Dragonball and Naruto.

And the franchise isn't actually made by Namco Bandai: it's made by Gust. NB only acts as their publisher in Japan.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:13 pm

aquagon wrote:And the franchise isn't actually made by Namco Bandai: it's made by Gust. NB only acts as their publisher in Japan.

Well Ar tonelico is more of a Gust developed series that's published by Banpresto. But since Namco Bandai bought out Banpresto sometime after Ar tonelico II was released, the series moved with Banpresto to Namco.

Shardnax
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Shardnax » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 am

Sieghardt wrote:If you read the Toukosphere the director has very much expressed interest in making more games and has repeatedly discussed ideas about making the series even better so yeah, I'd bet actual money on there being more Ar Tonelico games, I wouldnt even be shocked to see an announcement at or shortly after TGS

The Louie avatar made quoting you mandatory :P.

AT3 was pretty final. Unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't a restoration of land on the level with Metafalica and the entire planet got restored.

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

Shardnax wrote:
Sieghardt wrote:If you read the Toukosphere the director has very much expressed interest in making more games and has repeatedly discussed ideas about making the series even better so yeah, I'd bet actual money on there being more Ar Tonelico games, I wouldnt even be shocked to see an announcement at or shortly after TGS

The Louie avatar made quoting you mandatory :P.

AT3 was pretty final. Unless I'm mistaken, it wasn't a restoration of land on the level with Metafalica and the entire planet got restored.
They could just continue with different characters.

Just look at the Atelier series.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:23 pm

And although the planet may have been restored, there are still a few issues to solve, such as repopulating the surface (especially after the Third Tower vanished away), and fixing up the First Tower to clear up the Blastline.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”