Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby CelticRedemption » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:50 am

So yeah, I played the japanese game before, and especially one important scene with Harvestasha was of course normal.
So when I got the english game and the personality mods, I thought I'd just up and install one because I'd already seen how the story was supposed to go. And holy crap does the tsundere personality mess up that scene, gets all characters out of character and makes the scene itself make no sense. Now I get that it's supposed to be a parody of the scene, but still I can't help but feel that you'll ruin the game for yourself if you install those personality mods on her BEFORE you've at least finished the game once and have seen how those scenes are supposed to go.

Any thoughts?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby vampko » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 am

Well, only SLIGHTLY.... :lol:

I absolutely LOVED it, I was laughing REALLY hard throughout the scenes ~

But, yeah, you might not want to install it till your second playthrough.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Rednal » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:17 am

I did the Ultra M patch... XD;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby CelticRedemption » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:44 am

vampko wrote:Well, only SLIGHTLY.... :lol:

I absolutely LOVED it, I was laughing REALLY hard throughout the scenes ~

But, yeah, you might not want to install it till your second playthrough.


Not slightly, the tsundere mod completely changes that scene around. Of course I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it'll leave a very weird impression if you install them in your first playthrough.
I'll eventually have to do a playthrough with every patch
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby vampko » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:16 am

CelticRedemption wrote:
vampko wrote:Well, only SLIGHTLY.... :lol:

I absolutely LOVED it, I was laughing REALLY hard throughout the scenes ~

But, yeah, you might not want to install it till your second playthrough.


Not slightly, the tsundere mod completely changes that scene around. Of course I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it'll leave a very weird impression if you install them in your first playthrough.
I'll eventually have to do a playthrough with every patch

The laugh emote was there for a reason xD

Technically, it's not exactly a lie what happens though...>.>

I am curious as to how the other patches work. I've got a separate save for the only voiced scene, and I plan to check them all out after I've gotten all the endings.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby CelticRedemption » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 am

vampko wrote:
CelticRedemption wrote:
vampko wrote:Well, only SLIGHTLY.... :lol:

I absolutely LOVED it, I was laughing REALLY hard throughout the scenes ~

But, yeah, you might not want to install it till your second playthrough.


Not slightly, the tsundere mod completely changes that scene around. Of course I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it'll leave a very weird impression if you install them in your first playthrough.
I'll eventually have to do a playthrough with every patch

The laugh emote was there for a reason xD

Technically, it's not exactly a lie what happens though...>.>

I am curious as to how the other patches work. I've got a separate save for the only voiced scene, and I plan to check them all out after I've gotten all the endings.


Someone told me that on someone's true ending, if you have the dorodere patch for Harvestasha, she suggest stripping off Finnels flesh to make breast pads for Tylia. I've yet to confirm this, lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Rednal » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Finnel doesn't have anything to make pads with. XD;

But the patch scenes are up on Youtube, if anyone wants to see them.

*Watched some of the "White" personality... and actually thought it worked REALLY WELL*
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: ... = =;; ... back off, buddy.
Contact:

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm

... = ='' ... crap... so... wait... what am I supposed to do to fix this problem if i've already installed all of Harvestasha's Personas...?

... I have been holding off on Ar Tonelico Qoga for a while now... and I am just about near the end... so i'm kinda savoring it... and this is still my first play through... but I figured there would be no harm done if I installed all of her Personas.

... like... I thought maybe I could choose which ever one I wanted to see after beating the game first...

T^T ... I wanna see the regular ending before all the other special stuff I installed... is there any way I can remedy this...?
Image
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon May 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Tykun wrote:... = ='' ... crap... so... wait... what am I supposed to do to fix this problem if i've already installed all of Harvestasha's Personas...?

... I have been holding off on Ar Tonelico Qoga for a while now... and I am just about near the end... so i'm kinda savoring it... and this is still my first play through... but I figured there would be no harm done if I installed all of her Personas.

... like... I thought maybe I could choose which ever one I wanted to see after beating the game first...

T^T ... I wanna see the regular ending before all the other special stuff I installed... is there any way I can remedy this...?


Actually, when you download one of her personalities and let it install, it overwrites the previous personality. so if you installed all of them, you actually only have one of them installed. If you start the game, on the "new game, continue, extras, optionss" menu, you can see in the top left what personality you have installed. Simply download the personality you want, and reïnstall it to overwrite the previous personality ( her regular personality is up there with the downloads, but PSN is down now.. so... )
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby LAMV » Mon May 02, 2011 1:22 pm

You're gonna have to wait for PSN to come back up (hurry up Sony!), then install the "Default" personality pack, that'll turn her back to normal. Then after you've cleared the game, just install whichever you want. Remember that you can't install more than one personality, the latest one will override the previous one.

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby vampko » Mon May 02, 2011 1:45 pm

You can also just delete the game data, this will make it so you have to install the game again, but it will revert it back to the default personality.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: ... = =;; ... back off, buddy.
Contact:

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

... ohhhh... okay that's kinda cool... she still has her regular Persona amongst her new ones...

... but wait... what about the uhh... the fact that I've already downloaded these personas...?

... are you saying that they're not in my hard drive anywhere where I can just reinstall any one I want...?

... I HAVE to go back to the Playstation Network to reinstall them...?
Image
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby vampko » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Tykun wrote:... ohhhh... okay that's kinda cool... she still has her regular Persona amongst her new ones...

... but wait... what about the uhh... the fact that I've already downloaded these personas...?

... are you saying that they're not in my hard drive anywhere where I can just reinstall any one I want...?

... I HAVE to go back to the Playstation Network to reinstall them...?

Yes. It sucks I realize, but GUST programmed it so that it wouldn't get a separate game data file. At least you can get back to the default, since the patches tend to completely skew the actual plot, and you really have no clue what's actually going on :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1783
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Location: ... = =;; ... back off, buddy.
Contact:

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm

... Understood.

... guess I have to wait on PSN for this game AND Neptunia... x.x ... and here I was gonna stretch out my time with Ar Tonelico until 5pb was released... @[email protected] ... now I have to find something else to play... i'll never mindlessly download stuff again... T^T

... o.o ... glad I came across this topic though... I appreciate the information, Vampko and everyone... you have my thanks.
Image
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby vampko » Mon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Tykun wrote:... Understood.

... guess I have to wait on PSN for this game AND Neptunia... x.x ... and here I was gonna stretch out my time with Ar Tonelico until 5pb was released... @[email protected] ... now I have to find something else to play... i'll never mindlessly download stuff again... T^T

... o.o ... glad I came across this topic though... I appreciate the information, Vampko and everyone... you have my thanks.

Not a problem. I am wondering if you aren't playing just because of not being able to have the DLC patches? Have you already done a playthrough?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image


Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests