Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Harvy personality mod ( as in, don't install on first play )

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 4:24 pm

vampko wrote:Not a problem. I am wondering if you aren't playing just because of not being able to have the DLC patches? Have you already done a playthrough?

... = ='' ... no... I kinda haven't... I mean... I Was just taking my sweet old time... and then when I got curious enough to check if Ar Tonelico had any downloadable content... I went download crazy... I wouldn't have installed them if I had a better understanding of what they actually did... now that I know I facked up... i'll need to get the original Harvestasha reinstalled before I continue and finish my first play through.
Nollie: T^T Poor Makoto... she ate one acorn too many.
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Tykun wrote:
vampko wrote:Not a problem. I am wondering if you aren't playing just because of not being able to have the DLC patches? Have you already done a playthrough?

... = ='' ... no... I kinda haven't... I mean... I Was just taking my sweet old time... and then when I got curious enough to check if Ar Tonelico had any downloadable content... I went download crazy... I wouldn't have installed them if I had a better understanding of what they actually did... now that I know I facked up... i'll need to get the original Harvestasha reinstalled before I continue and finish my first play through.

Ah, then you're in luck. It's a tad annoying, but, if you go into the game data utility on your PS3 and delete the Qoga data, it will uninstall the DLC patches and return it to the one that was meant for the game. You WILL have to go through the harddrive install again, but this way you will be able to go through it still.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 4:32 pm

vampko wrote:Ah, then you're in luck. It's a tad annoying, but, if you go into the game data utility on your PS3 and delete the Qoga data, it will uninstall the DLC patches and return it to the one that was meant for the game. You WILL have to go through the harddrive install again, but this way you will be able to go through it still.

... -blinka- ... wait wait... delete the Qoga data...? ... wouldn't that affect my game saves...?
Litchi: ^^; Actually, it was just one BAD acorn. Don't worry, i've taken care of it~

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon May 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Tykun wrote:
vampko wrote:Ah, then you're in luck. It's a tad annoying, but, if you go into the game data utility on your PS3 and delete the Qoga data, it will uninstall the DLC patches and return it to the one that was meant for the game. You WILL have to go through the harddrive install again, but this way you will be able to go through it still.

... -blinka- ... wait wait... delete the Qoga data...? ... wouldn't that affect my game saves...?

No. Just make sure you're in the 'game utility', and not the 'save utility'. That's just the harddrive installed data and dlc stuff. It doesn't affect any of your saved data.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Also, this way, if you accidentally already installed the free first chapter of the Binary field DLC, this also deletes that, which enables you to be able to get a certain Hyuma in Tyria's first chapter of cosmosphere/binary field that would normally be glitched so you don't get that Hyuma when the DLC is installed.

And yeah, I also noticed it was a pain it automatically installed the Personality mods, what I did was activate the download, then IMMEDIATELY put the download away so it downloads it while you still browse, that way they put the download on your ps3 but don't install it yet until you click it under "Game" in the cross-bar menu.

And no, you'd delete your game data in the Game data folder, not your save data. it's a 4.5 GB-ish file in your Game data folder. Which it will have to install again when you try to play the game ( only now without DLC )

EDIT: for fucks sake, man, you people managed to post TWICE as I was posting this XD interrupting my post with a message that someone posted before I got this done twice, lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Tykun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tykun » Mon May 02, 2011 4:44 pm

No. Just make sure you're in the 'game utility', and not the 'save utility'. That's just the harddrive installed data and dlc stuff. It doesn't affect any of your saved data.

.-. I learned something today.

EDIT: for fucks sake, man, you people managed to post TWICE as I was posting this XD interrupting my post with a message that someone posted before I got this done twice, lol

XD ... fun.

... either way... your input was both useful and appreciated as well... n.n ... thanks to YOU guys... i've got something to do tonight~

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”