Songs similar to the Hymnos of the Ar series?

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
bookkid900
Vassal
Vassal

Songs similar to the Hymnos of the Ar series?

Postby bookkid900 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:14 am

I thought of this due to hearing the ending for "Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi" and it really sounds like a Hymnos to me. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6V-y5iQZk

So, what other songs are similar to the Hymnos(es) that you have found?

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Songs similar to the Hymnos of the Ar series?

Postby aquagon » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 am

bookkid900 wrote:I thought of this due to hearing the ending for "Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi" and it really sounds like a Hymnos to me. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF6V-y5iQZk

So, what other songs are similar to the Hymnos(es) that you have found?

That is because Akiko Shikata (one of the main composers, arrangers and singers of the series) made that song. Most of the songs in her own albums have similar styles, as well. The songs in Haruka Shimotsuki's and Noriko Mitose's albums have a few that are Hymmnos-styled, too.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Atelier Iris 1 had a few Hymnos-like songs, too.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:01 pm

LAMV wrote:Atelier Iris 1 had a few Hymnos-like songs, too.

Well I remember Haruka Shimotsuki did the opening theme song to Atelier Iris 1. I think Mana Khemia 1 had both Haruka and Noriko Mitose. Plus Haruka sings in Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, and Cross Edge to name a couple(even though those songs of hers are not really similar to hymmnos music).

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:16 pm

From having played the game, the only song that actually sounds like an Hymmnos song is the opening theme (White Night Illusion), just because Akira Tsuchiya was the one who composed it (and considering that Tsuchiya is the father of the Ar tonelico series, and the man that made everything when it came to several of the songs in the series, I guess that says something).

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

aquagon wrote:

From having played the game, the only song that actually sounds like an Hymmnos song is the opening theme (White Night Illusion), just because Akira Tsuchiya was the one who composed it (and considering that Tsuchiya is the father of the Ar tonelico series, and the man that made everything when it came to several of the songs in the series, I guess that says something).

There's a dungeon at about the halfway point that looks like a lab or library or something where you learn all that stuff about the heroine, the music that plays sounded Hymmnosy to me.

EDIT: Here we go. Eternal Eyes is what it's called. Now that I hear it again, it doesn't sound quite as Hymmnosy as I remember. But, it's still one of my favorite musics in the game, loved the dungeon because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDGPri624cU

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 pm

LAMV wrote:
aquagon wrote:

There's a dungeon at about the halfway point that looks like a lab or library or something where you learn all that stuff about the heroine, the music that plays sounded Hymmnosy to me.

EDIT: Here we go. Eternal Eyes is what it's called. Now that I hear it again, it doesn't sound quite as Hymmnosy as I remember. But, it's still one of my favorite musics in the game, loved the dungeon because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDGPri624cU

Which ironically is because it uses the recordings Shimotsuki made for the first lines of White Night Illusion as part of the track:

M・W・T・M・A・G・Y・S・B・N・J
(Mannaz Wynn Teiwaz Mannaz Ansul Geofu Yeraz Sowilo Beorc Nauthiz Jera)

FINNE
Vassal
Vassal

Postby FINNE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 am

Before Ar Tonelico, I once liked some quite similar songs (possibly in Hymmnos, but I'm not entirely sure) from the .Hack/GU trilogy.
~Firurunn~

phillipkim1
Peon
Peon

Postby phillipkim1 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:39 am

The game nier also uses the language made up of other languages like the Hymnos
I really like the OST they made in that game. I still do like Ar tonelico's a little better but the music in Nier also quite sublime.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”