Tatsumi (SPOILERS)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Balance
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Tatsumi (SPOILERS)

Postby Balance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Did anyone esle really like the character of Tatsumi? I found him to be really cool and kind of a unique character. I knew Tatsumi was Cocona because hey.. it's kind of obvious... well if you're a fan of the series and played AT2 before. But I still felt dissappointed after he was revealed to be Cocona in the game, because I really liked him.. Don't get me wrong I really like Cocona too! She's a cool cookie, but after getting attached to the character of Tatsumi in the first half of the game, I really missed him.. it made me wish Tatsumi and Cocona were separate characters. I'm use to have 8 characters in your party from the other 2 previous games. 5 being the vanguards and the other 3 of course being the lovely Reyvateils so when there was only six slots for characters in the menu, you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Tatsumi is Cocona. Now since everyone really likes Cocona, i'm sort of wondering if anyone esle disliked the fact of Tatsumi being Cocona like I did and wish Tatsumi was his own character.
Last edited by Balance on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Tatsumi... (SPOILERS for ATQ)

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 pm

I wouldn't have minded if Tatsumi was his own character, but only if it meant I still got Cocona, since she was seriously amazing ~

'Losing' Tatsumi wasn't that big of a deal because Cocona had a better weapon, and played better.

Either way, really wish they hadn't of gone with such a small party of vanguards.

If there's ever an Ar tonelico 4, you can betcha there will be more vanguards. This was like their experimental game. They've got much more experience now.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Balance
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Tatsumi... (SPOILERS for ATQ)

Postby Balance » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 pm

vampko wrote:I wouldn't have minded if Tatsumi was his own character, but only if it meant I still got Cocona, since she was seriously amazing ~

'Losing' Tatsumi wasn't that big of a deal because Cocona had a better weapon, and played better.

Either way, really wish they hadn't of gone with such a small party of vanguards.

If there's ever an Ar tonelico 4, you can betcha there will be more vanguards. This was like their experimental game. They've got much more experience now.

Yes of course I'd never want to dump Cocona from ATQ I mean that game wouldn't have made much sense without her there, I just really liked Tatsumi's character alot.

And I suppose so but for me they seem pretty much identical when it came to fighting styles it's just that when Tatsumi became Cocona some of the moves were switched around a little, like how Tatsumi's left supermove was the spinning move while with Cocona it was the down supermove. Which I LOVE to spam this move so much...

And yes the small vanguard was quite dissappointing, i'm sure it was for a number of people, or maybe just everyone. Hopefully there is a Ar Tonelico 4! It'll be nice to see what they come up with. I'm not sure why they kept switching battle systems between each game, but it's certainly a unique tactic in selling video games, not that I really mind the constant switch in battle systems because usually the battle system would coexist with the story of that game, if there was a AT4 would they change the battle system again or keep it? Plus i'm interested in what kind of twist they'd put in for the girls, such as 2 having the Infelsphere and 3 have the multiple persona.

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Tatsumi (SPOILERS)

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:00 pm

I loved Tatsumi he was cool. But then he became Cocona and I wanted to cry but now I love Cocona so much more
ImageImageImage

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 am

Well I suppose 1 way they could have handled Tatsumi is just making him like a guest in your party but can become playable as much as you want with DLC like how Gust and NISA are like in 1st Hyperdimension Neptunia(not including Red or 5pb). Though the problem with this is, it would have made it a little off balance and weird(not sure of the proper wording to describe it, but I do hope you know what I mean). Like it was already lacking in the vanguards to begin with, so would only have 2 vanguards until Cocona shows up. Plus it would really feel off with how the story goes.

But I do think that Cocona is better. In fact once she joins the party after Tatsumi is no longer playable, I just use Cocona since her attacks are better than Aoto's and Hikari's.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:06 am

Ar Tonelico wrote:Well I suppose 1 way they could have handled Tatsumi is just making him like a guest in your party but can become playable as much as you want with DLC like how Gust and NISA are like in 1st Hyperdimension Neptunia(not including Red or 5pb). Though the problem with this is, it would have made it a little off balance and weird(not sure of the proper wording to describe it, but I do hope you know what I mean). Like it was already lacking in the vanguards to begin with, so would only have 2 vanguards until Cocona shows up. Plus it would really feel off with how the story goes.

But I do think that Cocona is better. In fact once she joins the party after Tatsumi is no longer playable, I just use Cocona since her attacks are better than Aoto's and Hikari's.

They could have done a costume sort of thing. They let you have young Misha on MoE, so why not let you have Tatsumi?

But, they didn't.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”