Please help me choose a Reyvateil! *Spoilers*

The official Ar tonelico™ 2: Melody of Metafalica forum
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Please help me choose a Reyvateil! *Spoilers*

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:07 am

It's a good thing you've found someone you like ~

I'm thinking you wouldn't have liked Luca. It seems she's really an acquired taste. I gotta get around to making that really neat Luca sig I started on...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lumina
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lumina » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:20 am

I have to admit I felt really really bad when I was auto-booted from Luca's level 5 cosmosphere when Croix auto-turned her down because I picked Cloche. Especially after choosing to have Croix give half his seeds to Cloche, making him loose and causing Luca to throw herself at Croix when they're alone in the cabin.

Also, seeing her reaction to Cloche's "stay away from my man, you can't have him!" scenes in the infelsphere really made me realize that the jail scene really doesn't depict how she really felt about Croix, and that she was speaking from a vulnerable state about the PAST. I wonder how many people just don't like Luca because they misunderstand her, even on Cloche's path I find the more I play the more I'm starting understand her.

I'm loving Cloche, but I'm just as excited to go back and play Luca's path! :)

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 am

I like all the Reyvateils. Some a bit more than others. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 am

I dunno. I just liked her more and more as the game went on. What happens in the prison is the truth. But, of course
Spoiler:
there was more to it. that was just her initial reason for things. Yeah, she's really manipulative, but I could see why she would get that way. Also, be warned, Luca treats Cloche pretty bad in her Infelsphere. I don't think it's unreasonable like others have said. Since, Cloche pretty much just says "So what if your life sucked?" throughout it until it gets much further on. Basically, Cloche misses the point quite a bit. yes, she's trying hard to understand Luca, but she ignores Luca's suffering, and tries to force her own view on things. When the entire point of that part of the infelsphere is for Cloche to understand Luca's pain.

I'm sure others will not see it that way, but that's the way I saw it. Don't get me wrong, I adore Cloche, but she was really missing the point for a while there.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:43 am

So she's hard-headed and imperfect. :lol: That's what makes Reyvateil heroines interesting. Very rarely are they in any sense perfect or wholesome people...

Spoiler:
Even Shurelia, as soon as you got past her defenses, was basically a very needy, clinging sort of girl...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:46 am

Rednal wrote:So she's hard-headed and imperfect. :lol: That's what makes Reyvateil heroines interesting. Very rarely are they in any sense perfect or wholesome people...

Spoiler:
Even Shurelia, as soon as you got past her defenses, was basically a very needy, clinging sort of girl...

Oh I know that. I was just saying that, because someone gave the way Luca treated Cloche in the Infelsphere as a reason they disliked her. So, I was just explaining why that treatment made sense to me. Luca and Cloche aren't the same people, so they will react differently to each other.
Spoiler:

JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby JerichoDeath » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 pm

When I played through this game the first time, I felt that I should go with Luca on principle since she really seemed like the obvious choice to me. I was thinking: "Childhood friend or Diva Princess"
So, I went with childhood friend and that turned out different than I expected.

After that, I went back, picked Cloche, and I'm pretty sure I'm a little in love with her now. Of course, I saved my overall favorite character for last, and I'm sure that Jacqli won't disappoint.

(... trouble finding time to play though. Unfortunate.)

Return to “Ar Tonelico 2”