Beedlebud wrote:I actually think the game WOULD sell.
I think the companies are just more worried about their reputations, than the sales.
that is possible but they'll always be seen in a number of ways in both good and bad.
in the case of localizing senran kagura...
- they cater to fans and older audience as well
- they prove they're listening and atleast trying to give consideration
- they are not afraid of some of the negative backlash they might recieve for going with a more profitable option. (can be a negative as well depending on how large the negative feedback is)
- they get known as a company that localizes games with mature content (they wouldn't be the first nor the last)(this can be a pro sometimes)
- they get to be known as a company that takes big chances (this can be a pro sometimes since some games end up being breakout hits)
i know i'm forgetting some more for the pros and cons lists, but i'm tired right now. @_@