Amagami EbiKore+ (PS Vita)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
FF9F00
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Amagami EbiKore+ (PS Vita)

Postby FF9F00 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Toukocide wrote:Lower doesn't mean bottom. If it was bottom they wouldn't pay for the rights for the jap dub like many other companies do.

It means exactly bottom, exactly as I expressed it from the beginning.
When a feature is occasionally even omitted from the game itself, it's exactly at the bottom of priorities. That's the definition of priorities.

Toukocide wrote:They're an american company so, even if I don't agree, it's understandable that the english dub (if present, of course) would come first for them.
This is no excuse.
Aksys are American too, but they have far more respect for the localised game, you will notice this in their games they have great dubs as well, but the original japanese audio is almost, always the priority. And most of the time the Japanese audio is what they go for.

OVanBruce
Peon
Peon

Postby OVanBruce » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
FF9F00 wrote:That was clearly an example where the Japanese voicing was bottom priority.

NISA = American dub highest priority

Well we are a localization company. Hence we typically make localization the highest priority...

But on-topic, this game actually looks really cute.

No one outside of the USA cares about the english dub and personally I've skipped games for not having japanese voices because as a non native english speaker english voice acting make my ears bleed 95% of the times.

luchi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby luchi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:33 pm

The otome fandom has only gotten 6-7 games between PS3, PSP, and PC in 15yrs while the galge fandom has gotten tons of games in the PC and it has been confirmed that they will receive various Vita ports in the future, so no, I don't think the genre has been overlooked.

Now that my knee jerk reaction is out of the way, this game looks really cute and I would buy it without hesitation if it got localized. I even think this game would sell even more than an otome game. So please NISA, localize it.

Toukocide
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Toukocide » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 am

luchi wrote:The otome fandom has only gotten 6-7 games between PS3, PSP, and PC in 15yrs while the galge fandom has gotten tons of games in the PC and it has been confirmed that they will receive various Vita ports in the future, so no, I don't think the genre has been overlooked.

Now that my knee jerk reaction is out of the way, this game looks really cute and I would buy it without hesitation if it got localized. I even think this game would sell even more than an otome game. So please NISA, localize it.

I'm talking about consoles here and even considering these pc games that will receive Vita ports, assuming you're talking about Grisaia (if that will ever happen since lolSekaiProject) because Muv-Luv certainly isn't a galge as a whole, there's nothing available right now.

If you're including PC, I don't think there's anything (good) that's comparable to a "true" galge like Amagami, they're pretty much all VNs that have some dating sim elements here and there.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:31 am

I'm talking about consoles here and even considering these pc games that will receive Vita ports, assuming you're talking about Grisaia (if that will ever happen since lolSekaiProject) because Muv-Luv certainly isn't a galge as a whole, there's nothing available right now.

I know they are now unavailable, but Playstation Mobile had four galge VNs.

luchi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby luchi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Toukocide wrote:I'm talking about consoles here and even considering these pc games that will receive Vita ports, assuming you're talking about Grisaia (if that will ever happen since lolSekaiProject) because Muv-Luv certainly isn't a galge as a whole, there's nothing available right now.

If you're including PC, I don't think there's anything (good) that's comparable to a "true" galge like Amagami, they're pretty much all VNs that have some dating sim elements here and there.

Are we actually making a distinction between dating sims and VNs then? Because if so, then the English otome market hasn't even gotten a dating sim then since even in Japan they're super rare. Actually, I was under the impression they were somewhat rare in the galge genre in Japan as well.

It somewhat annoys me when people say that they want more galge games because there's been too many otome games when the target audience isn't even the same. I want this game because it's kinda rare for me to find a galge where I actually like the art, and once in awhile I feel like fangirling over cute girls. We've been getting all different kinds of VNs for the Vita lately, and NISA did say they would look into more VNs, so I think Amagami would make a good choice to expand the market.

Toukocide
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Toukocide » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:11 pm

luchi wrote:Are we actually making a distinction between dating sims and VNs then? Because if so, then the English otome market hasn't even gotten a dating sim then since even in Japan they're super rare. Actually, I was under the impression they were somewhat rare in the galge genre in Japan as well.

No, it was just a consideration related to Amagami, that there's nothing like it even on PC.
But yeah, I don't consider Steins;Gate to be a dating sim/galge just because during its story you happen to "date" some girls and yes, even these otome aren't strictly about dating, but as I said, it was just a reason why I'd like to see this game localized.

luchi wrote:It somewhat annoys me when people say that they want more galge games because there's been too many otome games when the target audience isn't even the same. I want this game because it's kinda rare for me to find a galge where I actually like the art, and once in awhile I feel like fangirling over cute girls. We've been getting all different kinds of VNs for the Vita lately, and NISA did say they would look into more VNs, so I think Amagami would make a good choice to expand the market.

That's not what I said, though.
I just pointed out the fact that publishers are investing more on otome while ignoring galge and it's exactly because it's not the same audience that I'd like them to broaden their offerings. As of now they seem to only localize hybrid VNs (Danganronpa, VLR) or pure VN (S;G) that have a strong story component and are not aimed at a specific gender demographic (I'm not implying anything here, I, too, play otome games and I'm male) so they're still playing it really safe in that regard.
If otome fans had the chance to prove that there is a market for otome, I'd like someone to give galge fans the same opportunity and this game would be a great start.

luchi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby luchi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Toukocide wrote:That's not what I said, though.
I just pointed out the fact that publishers are investing more on otome while ignoring galge and it's exactly because it's not the same audience that I'd like them to broaden their offerings. As of now they seem to only localize hybrid VNs (Danganronpa, VLR) or pure VN (S;G) that have a strong story component and are not aimed at a specific gender demographic (I'm not implying anything here, I, too, play otome games and I'm male) so they're still playing it really safe in that regard.
If otome fans had the chance to prove that there is a market for otome, I'd like someone to give galge fans the same opportunity and this game would be a great start.

I'm sorry about misunderstanding then; I can get a bit touchy in regards to otome games. At least I made you widen your explanation about why it should be localized?

Another consideration, Amagami is one of the few galge games to be console exclusive, and it seems to be owned wholly by Kadokawa, which might make it easier to license.

snowypaint
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby snowypaint » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:36 pm

I watched the anime of this when it came out and I found it quite enjoyable, if not a little too short.

Anywho, another VN localized on the Vita is 100% welcome in my book and i'd love to play/read this.

ShortStackLover
Peon
Peon

Postby ShortStackLover » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:00 pm

I would really appreciate if NISA could consider to localized Amagami on the Vita. The recent success of Stein;Gate shown that VN can sell on vita. Also since the anime broadcast in 2010, the series is quite popular in the west even today.

I think there is a market for localized galge in the west especially since very few of them have been fan-translated so the potential fanbase is currently starving for them. Amagami is probably the one with the biggest following so it's probably the best to localized first.

Thanks,

negatiV<-
Peon
Peon

Postby negatiV<- » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:51 am

I'd totally love for this game to be localized. I think that the success of products like Danganronpa and Steins;gate represents well the western thirst for VNs. Considering how three Otome games found their way to the west, I think there's totally space for a galge, even more considering that the anime adaptation gives the title more popularity.

Nana
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Nana » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:51 am

I'd get it. I'm a bit more interested in Photokano personally, though.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:31 pm

negatiV<- wrote:Considering how three Otome games found their way to the west,

Significantly more than that. Though not a ton more if we're going by console/handheld only. But still more.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

VerdelishJP
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby VerdelishJP » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:49 pm

I really want to see this game make it to the west!! Rihoko best girl <3

Return to “Game Requests”