Uta no Prince-sama Repeat (PSVita)

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.
VerdelishJP
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Uta no Prince-sama Repeat (PSVita)

Postby VerdelishJP » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Amisbro wrote:https://youtu.be/CCsM_MgPIms

Just a little something I did to try and help build a case for the UtaPri fans to try and get the games to come over here. If you disagree with the points that's cool but these were some that I thought of off the top of my head.

You bring up some really good points in your video. I didn't even think to look into the sales figures for Code:Realize. To think it actually sold twice as many copies in the West! It's actually really encouraging! The fanbase is here, the demand is here, and our wallets are here. :lol:

zandytheweeb
Peon
Peon

Postby zandytheweeb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:34 am

This game getting a localization would be one of the best news I could possibly get. I really love UtaPri and really hope to one day play the games in a language I can understand the details as well, as a lot of the joy lies in those. If the game would come over here (be it digital copy only or physical copy), I can say already, I'd play the heck out of it and would most definitely be very happy. :D
I was going to bring up the sales numbers for Code Realize, but I see Amisbro has already done that in his video. And I think that the game sofar has sold twice as much in the west than in Japan really says quite a bit. And I can only imagine how it'd be with a game as popular in the west as UtaPri.

luchi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby luchi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:24 pm

You guys are overestimating how much otome games sell since there's no way Code: Realize sold better here than it did in Japan. And no, vgchartz is not a reliable source.

Amisbro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Amisbro » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:33 pm

VerdelishJP wrote:
Amisbro wrote:https://youtu.be/CCsM_MgPIms

Just a little something I did to try and help build a case for the UtaPri fans to try and get the games to come over here. If you disagree with the points that's cool but these were some that I thought of off the top of my head.

You bring up some really good points in your video. I didn't even think to look into the sales figures for Code:Realize. To think it actually sold twice as many copies in the West! It's actually really encouraging! The fanbase is here, the demand is here, and our wallets are here. :lol:

Mind if I throw some more numbers around

So let's look at Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom which is arguably just as popular as UtaPri right?

According to the same site that I used for the case with Code Realize "Demon of the Fleeting Blossom" for Hakuoki in the US 49,063 copies in its first 10 weeks on sale here. for that first year alone in 2012 the game sold total over 50,000 copies and almost 60,000 (57,984 to be exact).

Now since then the games sales HAVE dropped off but that is primarily because of the PSP being pretty much a dead system BUT the game's total sales as of 2015 are almost 77,000 copies total sold!

Please keep in mind that the Otome genre (in my mind) is still a fairly young genre and that was probably one of the first that really came to hit it pretty big over here but with that and Code Realize having done amazingly well (granted from a rival company) I don't see why we don't take the chance and bring UtaPri over here because there are a lot of people that really want the games to come here I promise you and a lot of people are eager to get the news about the new season and even more about game ports coming in the future.

Its also funny because I was talking with one friend of mine and we figured that it would take the games coming to the VITA to make it over here (if given the chance) and now with the games being ported I don't see the issue outside of maybe it is a financial risk but I think sometimes you need to take that risk and that chance to see what you got over here in the west. The western UtaPri family (I refuse to call it just a fandom) has wanted SO BADLY to get these games and now is probably our best shot. I feel like with the Otome genre gaining steam and VNs in general we got a really good chance but its going to take a lot of convincing but I don't feel like giving up you know?

The thing is like I said I know darn well I am not alone on this front and the people that want to see their "Princes of Song" come over here are ready and waiting to embrace them.

Just my opinion but I've been around gaming almost my entire life and this is one series I feel honestly quite strongly about. I say let's give them a chance!

sweetjane
Peon
Peon

Postby sweetjane » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

I would buy this game, probably twice (physical and digital) , like I did for Code realize and Norn9. I like visual novels in general, but otome games are my favorites.
I don't even belong to the UtaPri fandom but I'm pretty sure I would love the visual novel. The anime is just so popular. I know I'm far from being the only one who would buy this game :D
Last edited by sweetjane on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

lillyhime
Peon
Peon

Postby lillyhime » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm

I would love it if this were to get translated! I'd much rather have a physical copy, but I'd take digital if it was all that was offered.

Hakuouki was my first real otome, and it saved my soul after the atrocity that was the ME3 ending. I knew then I had to support any and all Otome. I later bought the 3DS version, and I have it on my iPhone. I had Code: Realize and Norn9 pre-ordered the moment they popped up on Amazon, and bought Amnesia twice. (Once for my vita and again during the winter sale on steam) I'm also a huge voltage fan (not that their games are as nearly as good as Otomate stuff or anything I've seen of Uta No Prince-sama.) I also have all the vita Atelier games. (Not that those are Otome, but close enough)

So, please take all my money NISA? <3??

Mizuhime
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Mizuhime » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:19 am

I really love this series from the bottom of my heart! It introduced me to the world of otome and I'm a passionate fan since then!
Playing that game in a language I can understand would be a dream coming true!
Since the anime is so successful, I believe that also the game would go well with the western audience.

NISA, since you wanted to release more VNs, this would be a VERY good pick!! Please make it happen!!

SouChou
Peon
Peon

Postby SouChou » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

I love the UtaPri anime and otome games in general so I've been wanting to play these games for a while. I'm already planning to buy the new Uta no Prince-sama Music game that's coming out in Japanese but my Japanese isn't good enough to understand a whole visual novel. Would be awesome if they were released in English ^^

TenshiEffect
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby TenshiEffect » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:08 pm

I would love for this game to be localized. :D

bakaprincess85
Peon
Peon

Postby bakaprincess85 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:36 am

I definitively agree with everyone that wants the games localized. UtaPri is one of my favourite otome games and I would love to actually understand what is going on instead of having to read english guides or reviews of the games. It would be so much better to be able to form my own opinions, like I did with Amnesia, which I pre-ordered on Steam (like I did with the new MUSIC for UtaPri for Vita). I always disliked Toma, but then I played the localized Amnesia and I quite like him now. And Kent became one of my favourite characters, while back then he was just on the sidelines. ^^ll I'm so sorry Kent.

d0omdesire
Peon
Peon

Postby d0omdesire » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:40 am

I know the chances for localization aren't great, but I would still love to play Utapri in english... (:

Harass the hare
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Harass the hare » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

I have the feeling that the chances are low but I'm going to voice my opinion anyway.

I would love UtaPri to be localized. Visual novel style games are becoming slowly popular (even the walking dead dipped their toes with a VN style).
The thing that UtaPri has going for it is that it's a otome game (again they're slowly getting popular), it mixes in music and it's anime fan-base (and having another season of the anime can't hurt).

I'll understand if they did what happened with Amnesia & Norn9 in the UK and make it a digital game (no physical copy) but if that means I can play it in english I'd be more then happy.

Amisbro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Amisbro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 pm

https://youtu.be/izwf3hCmCeo

I decided that since I did one video about bringing over the games before I might as well do another one. This time I wanted to talk specifically to NISA because I want to cover ALL my bases with this cos I am serious about wanting these games to come over but hey who knows maybe I'm one of the few and the proud?

Let's find out :-)

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:27 am

Amisbro wrote:https://youtu.be/izwf3hCmCeo

I decided that since I did one video about bringing over the games before I might as well do another one. This time I wanted to talk specifically to NISA because I want to cover ALL my bases with this cos I am serious about wanting these games to come over but hey who knows maybe I'm one of the few and the proud?

Let's find out :-)

Hey, watched your video!

I can't respond to it for the company, but personally, I would love to see Uta no Prince-sama over here. It could very well be another successful Western franchise for us. Without saying too much about the internal workings of the company, I can say that a lot of the discussion about whether or not we bring a game over is about available resources. Much of the time, we don't want to pass up a localization opportunity, we just don't have what we need at the time to get it done, and get it done with quality. We've gotta catch lightning in a bottle sometimes. But it's on our radar, that's for sure!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:56 pm

I very much understand that a series such as this can be a hassle to work with, but I'm glad it's on the radar!
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Return to “Game Requests”