More fans for disgaea and other nippon ichi software games

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum

Do you think having Etna and Prinny in Cross edge will bring more fans to the Disgaea Series

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 28

More fans for disgaea and other nippon ichi software games

Postby overlord zaku 2008 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 am

what do you think?
Image Image
overlord zaku 2008
Vassal
Vassal

Re: More fans for disgaea and other nippon ichi software games

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 am

Maybe but not really or at least won't bring in a lot of people. I would say maybe Trinity Universe might or at least has a better chance.
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby feza » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 am

I don't think it will bring more fans to Disgaea.
Okay maybe a few will pick up the game... But most of the ones who play cross egde is already a fan of Nippon, Capcom, Gust or Namco and if your a fan of one of these you know the other, and in that sense they would already know disgaea.
So no i don't think it will bring over a lot of new fans.
feza
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Varyag » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:14 pm

I think no. But even if Yes, then not too much. I've bought Cross Edge cos I'm already a fan of Disgaea and characters, especially Etna, Flonne (both, Tenshi and Datenshi Furon) and Laharl (and also an Laharl x Flonne couple too =))) ). There is no chars from second and third Disgaea, so I don't refer to them =) And I haven't complete the 2nd and 3rd game yet. ))) Also I'm a fan if NIS games, and like Idea Factory games, all characters (except original of course) from Cross Edge are familliar to me, and I really like 'em, so i'ts the first cause I've bought it - it's interesting, what happens when five worls collide =) And I were sure that if the game's under developing/publishing of NIS, then it'll have interesting plot, good humor, great characters, what else RPG-fans need? ))

And also, there is some dialogs in game which people who not play in Disgaea wom't fully understand, like a conversation between York and Etna, when she says: "You two (York and Miko) reminds me a couple I think I knew. You really reminds me a someone I knew once, well, he was a cocky, spoiled kid, and there was an angelic girl always trying to take care of him and make him nicer... she was really dumb in a lot of ways, you know, like ultra naive" =))

Yep, my Eng is bad, but I tried to explain my vision =)
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~
Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kromat » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Most people that aren't into ANIME, or STRATEGY RPGs, would have not
even known about Nippon Ichi, or to try out their other games.

The first game that I bought was Makai Kingdom back in 2005, because I became hooked into Strategy RPGs by Final Fantasy Tactics, and have been waiting for another one to come out.

There was a time where I was into World of Warcraft for a well, so my console gaming suffered, but bought myself a PS2 Slim, and got into it again.

I eventually found Disgaea PS2, and so into the game, by the type of characters
that we were playing with and the humor that was involved, that I was hooked.

I did get Disgaea 2, but waited for PSP, because it is a game that takes long to
get into and invest time, so I could play on the bus, while going to work.

P.S. in the end, word of mouth, or research by yourself, is what makes you even plan to try out a company.

Atlus is another company that is great, that I looked into and have been satisfied with
their games, but I don't get each of the company's games, just the ones I find, I will get
the most out of my money, or that I could see myself playing for a long time.
Kromat
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Khaos67 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:25 pm

I think the entry of other game characters to any game they're not specific too in a way publicizes the other game. This inclusion helps advertising. Especially for those specific to the companies other games. If the added characters bring spice and the consumer decides to investigate where that character came from and likes what they find, then yes, they will buy Disgaea games.

Honestly a lot more games should do this, as well as advertising a lot more. I think that is why most games don't sell as much as they did in the 80's and 90's. Lack of television advertisement, mailings from game companies to consumers houses, etc.

Though word of mouth does work, it has less of effect then most would like to believe. I wish companies would advertise more.
Khaos67
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rhuen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Cross-Edge advertised alot more for Darkstalkers and ArTonelico than anything else, they had the best cut-scenes in the game....but of course ultimatly the game play killed it.

I heard from those buying it that, it worked the other way, the presence of the Disgaea characters and the Darkstalkers is what drew people to buy Cross-Edge in the first place, and the humour of the cut-scenes to actually keep it (while the game play drove away many more), so glad Trinity Universe didn't suffer (but those monsters keep bringing back bad memories of the dull battles in Cross-Edge)
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Return to Cross E... that is no longer