Question 'bout New Game+

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Question 'bout New Game+

Postby Varyag » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 am

Hi all!
I have a question about New Game+. Will my stats (levels, points of str, vit, e.t.c.), titles, costumes, skills, arcane tomes, synth recipes, released souls, collected equipment, accessory, items, EP, PP< TP< Gold and other stuff will be saved in NG+, if I now playing on Hard (currently Bosste 3 area), and NG+ will start on Hard too?

If something can't be transfered, then exactly what? =)

Thanks =)
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Question 'bout New Game+

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 am

It depends on what difficulty you're starting on and what you're going to start on next. Even though you said you will be going from Hard to Hard, I might as well explain how New Game+ works.

When going to the same or a lower difficulty, the following is carried over:

Skill levels, equipments on character, items, active skills, encyclopedia data, costumes, *titles, synthesis list, shop list, synthesis level, search level, money, PP, TP, EP and EX skills.

Basically, everything except your character's levels and stats. Those will be reset back to their base values. Also, any used PP on your characters will not be returned.

When going to a higher difficulty level, the following is carried over:

Rare composite items (like Esoteric Book), certain active skills (like STR +15), encyclopedia data, costumes, *titles, synthesis list, shop list, synthesis level, search level, money, PP, TP, EP, and EX Skills.

Things NOT carried over:

Equipments on character, items, certain active skills (like HP Up+), and skill level.
Skill levels will be reset to their default values. You will still retain your EX skills, however.

*Titles will be re-obtainable. Any title that has to do with Encyclopedia data will be immediately available. Titles for having items will need the requirements met again, so if you still have the items on hand they will be obtainable, otherwise they will not be. Titles involving battles fought, number of synths, upgrades, and the like will be carried over and the number will not be diminished. Titles for finding items from Souls will be completely reset - Corkadile.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm

KlayBuddy, thanks a lot, your answer, as always, uber-helpful! =)

As you say about rare composite items... the question appears..)) How can I get good materials for composing, like "god of war.... somethign...", which boosts attack on 255 points, e.t.c.? I've found some of is Souls, but used it already, and enemies gives some materials which boosts stats for nothing, like 1-5 points...

And also question about AP... the best way to increase AP counter is upgrading equipment, or there is some other ways? )) Maybe some items which adds AP to equip through composition?)

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm

You can get more rare composite items by fighting against bosses in the post games. To access the post game, you need to beat Hard difficulty and get the normal ending.

As for increasing your AP limit, you'll probably want to invest in items called "Chicken Emblem" or "Chicken Ring". By upgrading these items, you'll get a massive amount of LCK, VIT, and AP. You can also composite Empowering Jelly, as they give +3 AP and various other stats.

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm

KlayBuddy, Chicken Emblem, Chicken Ring and Empowering Jelly, I can made them by synth you mean? If yes, then too sad, I don't have recipes for it yet... =)

Post game is the two new levels, 5-2 and 5-3? I've read that access there is only available when game completed with True Ending... I wanna try to gen True in second walkthroug...)

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Chicken Emblem and Chicken Ring can be made from synthesizing (the recipes can be obtained by completing a certain title). Empowering Jelly is a rare composite item that you need to steal from post game bosses or find them in soul searching.

windress
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby windress » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 am

I have some questions about NG+ and Endings (and I don't feel like creating a whole new topic so I'll just ask here ^^):

1) From what I know, there are 3 different endings right? What are the requirements for each ending?

2) How many NG+ can you get on one savefile? For instance, on my first playthrough I've played on Hard Mode and finished the game with Bad Ending. I started NG+ on Hard again and I'm aiming for Normal Ending this time. Will I be able to do another NG+ on the same savefile to go after True Ending on Hard? Or is it limited to one NG+ per savefile? (I really don't want to start a brand new savefile just for True Ending without all my equipment and stuff. ._.)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me on this. =^^=

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Actually, there are only two endings that you can get: True or Bad Ending. To get the True Ending, you have to do specific tasks like don't kill a certain enemy and visit all of the Hotspring Events. To get the Bad Ending, ignore all requirements for the True Ending. You can find more information at http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/946194-cross-edge/faqs/56773. You can have as many New Game+ on a single save file as you want.

windress
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby windress » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm

@KlayBuddy:

Really? Only 2? I kept noticing people on gamefaqs pointing out 3 endings, but if it's just 2 then that makes it soooo much more easier. (Good thing I haven't skipped anything yet during my 2nd playthrough.) It's good to know that there can be multiple NG+ per savefile. Thanks for the info. ^^

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”