The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Some synthesis question(s) ^_^

Postby Varyag » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi!

I have a little problem or misunderstanding with synthesis. Example:
To make more powerful weapon for Aurica I need Giga Memory, so, I've bought it for 400TP in Database, 'cos for synth it I need one piece of it... =) Then I tried to synth some more Giga Memories. Process successfull, but Giga Memory counter is still show "1". I tried to add some components, rise the level of item and then upgrade - no matter, no effect. I don't understand why... Anybody can explain me wtf? =)

Thanks =)
Last edited by Varyag on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Some synthesis question(s) ^_^

Postby KlayBuddy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:11 pm

I think I might know what you're running into.

When you synthesize an item that requires the same item as the one you're trying to synthesize (like Giga Memory into Giga Memory), you're only improving the grade of it, meaning no improved stats. The grade depends on Marie's synthesis level and if you used a Sagestone or not (Marie's synthesis level needs to be around 8 to get a grade of 5, the maximum for any item). By improving the grade of an item, you're allowed more composite materials on that item, which is the only real benefit for doing this method.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 pm

KlayBuddy, got it, thank for fast and detailed answer =) So if I need some Giga Memories, my only way to own it - exchange TP in Database...))
My Marie's synth level now is a few synth far from 4 =) I think that I'll improve it and work hard with synthesis in second walkthrough, also I've messed up too many in my current game (hot springs event, Dimitri and Lilith didn't join me at 4-1 battle (maybe 'cos in second fight with this duo I've overkilled Demitri...), and many more.
Ah, and by the way, don't you remember in which synth recipe is Chicken Emblem and Chicken Ring?)

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 pm

I have no idea what recipes they are.

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:59 am

I think they're found from one of the soul points (?) on the map where you fight the final bosses of the game's storyline.

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:33 am

The items or the recipes? He wants to know what the recipe number is so he can make them and I definitely know that the Chicken Ring recipe is obtained by completing a certain title. Chicken Emblem, however, is one of those items that can only be upgraded, not made.

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 am

I'm talking about the recipe. I'm pretty certain I got one of the chicken recipes (mmm...) from a soul search point.

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:05 am

Yep, that would be the Chicken Emblem. I haven't unlocked the title that has the Chicken Ring recipe.

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:06 am

In Additional Dungeon at Ida 5-1 I get a lot of Chicken Emblems. There are monster, named Hiyako, he drops CE if OK'ed. And also there some kawaii white thing, Clione, or something, with lvl 195, which deal a lot of damage, but also gives a lot exp. With rank S - 1000% of Exp - 3.200.000... so 3 lvl's per fight, not bad I think))

Here this thing =):
Last edited by Varyag on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Yea, those things are excellent for Chicken Rings. Cliones are good for mass experience and they help you a lot when you reach to the post games where things get obviously harder.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 am

Varyag wrote:In Additional Dungeon at Ida 5-1 I get a lot of Chicken Emblems. There are bakemono, named Hiyako, he drops CE if OK'ed. And also there some kawaii white thing, Clione, or something, with lvl 195, which deal a lot of damage, but also gives a lot exp. With rank S - 1000% of Exp - 3.200.000... so 3 lvl's per fight, not bad I think))

Could you please not talk like that? >.>;
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 am

CelticRedemption, like how? My English isn't good at all, if you about that. If about some nippon words, then sorry =)

KlayBuddy, now I'm at 5-3, it's hard as hell... My party is York, Lazarus, Felicia and Aurica. But I use only one tactic: Trick Vanish -> Sneaky Steps -> Deadly Dance. And Aurica's spells (Boe, My Hero) to break the barriers of Echidna and others... I think about train some other chars, but honestly can't decide who exactly... =)))

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:08 am

Varyag wrote:CelticRedemption, like how? My English isn't good at all, if you about that. If about some nippon words, then sorry =)

KlayBuddy, now I'm at 5-3, it's hard as hell... My party is York, Lazarus, Felicia and Aurica. But I use only one tactic: Trick Vanish -> Sneaky Steps -> Deadly Dance. And Aurica's spells (Boe, My Hero) to break the barriers of Echidna and others... I think about train some other chars, but honestly can't decide who exactly... =)))

Yes I was talking about the japanese words, as much as I love anime, manga and jrpgs, people randomly using japanese words in english sentences really makes me nauseous
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:40 pm

CelticRedemption wrote:Yes I was talking about the japanese words, as much as I love anime, manga and jrpgs, people randomly using japanese words in english sentences really makes me nauseous

I love this stuff too, but I don't see anything bad in using well-known words from another lang. And also word kawaii originally Japanese, of course, but widely used in, as I only know, 8 languages. For example, in many, especially European, languages used many English words, and nobody cares a lot. It's not a big deal, you know. So, please, be patient.
Also some monsters, like Hiyoko, Luijt, Murcane e.t.c. - is exactly kawaii, no cute at all, but kawaii. I just hate word "cute" if it's used not towards girls or womens.

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”