Korea seemed to like Cross Edge

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Korea seemed to like Cross Edge

Postby shymel94 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:12 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/21/cr ... -in-korea/

One reason why Cross Edge may have been successful in Korea is that it’s actually in Korean. Many text heavy games like RPGs, from Japan and the West, are not localized. Cross Edge, games distributed by Nintendo of Korea, and some of the Shin Megami Tensei games are.

That must suck, to have games not released in your language in your country, but still in the original language.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Korea seemed to like Cross Edge

Postby KlayBuddy » Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 am

That is good news to hear!

tombanz10
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby tombanz10 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm

It was such a great for those who have not known about the that language. So They will enjoy that game in original language and play it very well and also enjoy with their friend. I wish that I will get it as far.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm

In that case, Korea is not the only country.
It's still hilarious that such a game became a HUGE hit due to language barrier.
Spoiler:

Neuts
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Neuts » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:16 pm

shymel94 wrote:That must suck, to have games not released in your language in your country, but still in the original language.

Not really. I'm a french Canadian and I have to admit that I never would have mastered English so early and so completely if NES->PSX games had been localized in my native language.

Learning a secondary or even tertiary language is a great, non-negligible improvement to the mind. Languages describe and express things in ways that can be very different and equally enlightening. If you haven't already, you should learn a secondary language.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:43 am

I'm not sure I could learn Japanese, by playing Japanese games...

I listen to music in a bunch of different languages and were I have learned a couple of words that way I have not been able to just learn a whole new language on that alone.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:I'm not sure I could learn Japanese, by playing Japanese games...

Yeah, if anything I'd do what I do in demos and just figure out which sub menu is which and other things through trial and error, not by learning what anything means. As long as you know how to attack and heal, you don't need to know much of any language to play games. Understanding their stories is another story though. Neuts, I have been learning more than one language, thank you very much. However, I still want to play games in my first language, which is English. I'll listen to other voice tracks sometimes though.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”