Cross Edge website

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Cross Edge website

Postby RedCoKid » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

This thread is full of win. You guys crack me up. :lol:

I see that they have published a multiplatform current gen game called "Mirrors"? ha
Would it be possible for one to live off lawsuit settlements alone?

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:07 am

RedCoKid wrote:This thread is full of win. You guys crack me up. :lol:

I see that they have published a multiplatform current gen game called "Mirrors"? ha
Would it be possible for one to live off lawsuit settlements alone?

More importantly, will he get enough money to pay for a hole in the ground for his new residence for the rest of his life... because thats the only place he might be safe from all the people he's pissing off.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 pm

What I find confusing is why do people/devs/pubs/etc even bother making a title with "Edge" in it.... :|

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 pm

That guy is ridiculous. The game should continue as "Cross Edge" and the guy should lose is "Edge" patent ownership.

Prinny God
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Prinny God » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Any one waiting for Mirrors Edge 2? It may not come out due to this guy. BUT, doods! There's good news!

EA has a patent to get this guy to drop his trademark of the name Edge. Er...it's kinda hard to explain, let me just copy and paste from the Wiki article.

---
Electronic Arts petition for trademark cancellation

In September 2009, Electronic Arts petitioned the US Patent & Trademark Office to cancel a range of registrations associated with Edge Games.[7] EA's petition came after continued threats of legal action by Edge Games with respect to the title of EA's 2008 game Mirror's Edge, despite EA's ownership of common law trademark rights to the phrase. In a statement, EA announced that "While this seems like a small issue for EA, we think that filing the complaint is the right thing to do for the developer community."[1] Tim Langdell responded to these claims in an e-mail statement on September 30, claiming that Edge had in fact not threatened EA with litigation and that 2009 had been spent negotiating an amicable settlement on the use of the trademark. Langdell went on to accuse EA of using the settlement talks to "play for time", and claimed that EA had abandoned efforts to register "Mirror's Edge" as a trademark in September 2008.[8] According to a report by gaming blog Kotaku, the USPTO database lists the trademark "Mirror's Edge" as "abandoned" as of Sept. 8, 2009. An EA spokesman said the company had been unsuccessful in its attempt to resolve the dispute, which led to the filing of the petition.[9] In June 2010, Edge Games filed a lawsuit against Electronic Arts over Mirror's Edge, requesting damages and a court injunction against further infringement.
---

I wonder if we can actually help out some how.

Edit:I just noticed that none of their games even exist! You can't buy any of em! Not like you would want to in the first place.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:32 am

I'm waiting for Mirror's Edge 2, and I'd like to see a sequel to Cross Edge as well. I want to copyright one letter at a time so no one can use any words and will have to start talking and typing with numbers instead.

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:55 am

XCronoX wrote:I'm waiting for Mirror's Edge 2, and I'd like to see a sequel to Cross Edge as well. I want to copyright one letter at a time so no one can use any words and will have to start talking and typing with numbers instead.

4R3 `/0U 5UR3 7H47 `/0U R34LL`/ W4N7 7H47??

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:17 am

If there is anyway to help out EA and their petition I'm all for helping out. I can understand if he made a game called "edge" and if someone else wanted to make a game called edge, I can sort of understand that since it would be really confusing. However having the word edge in the title, I don't see how anyone could get confused and edge is a very common word. I don't understand how someone can be like ok you have the right's to the word edge.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

DisgaeaBlitz
Majin
Majin

Postby DisgaeaBlitz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:08 am

Psssh, all they have to do is call it CrossEdge, thats one word so edge isn't in the title muahahahahaha :lol: :twisted:

But really how long has this guy been at it, he really is one of those people who sholdn't be alive :evil: D:
7a1d25

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:39 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:If there is anyway to help out EA and their petition I'm all for helping out. I can understand if he made a game called "edge" and if someone else wanted to make a game called edge, I can sort of understand that since it would be really confusing. However having the word edge in the title, I don't see how anyone could get confused and edge is a very common word. I don't understand how someone can be like ok you have the right's to the word edge.

Thats what I want to know :| just HOW does the justice system keep failing here? What judge could possibly not think that this is ridiculous!?
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

Prinny God
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Prinny God » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:50 am

Prinny wrote:
bloodyaftertaste wrote:If there is anyway to help out EA and their petition I'm all for helping out. I can understand if he made a game called "edge" and if someone else wanted to make a game called edge, I can sort of understand that since it would be really confusing. However having the word edge in the title, I don't see how anyone could get confused and edge is a very common word. I don't understand how someone can be like ok you have the right's to the word edge.

Thats what I want to know :| just HOW does the justice system keep failing here? What judge could possibly not think that this is ridiculous!?

I agree! Hell! Even when this asshole (Timmy, I believe this edge thing only consists of this one ass face.)/Edge lost a court case against the legit Edge Magazine, the court still didn't find this fishy. This timmy guy/edge team even made a mock of the Edge magazine after wards and yet he/the group didn't get sued yet?

This is beyond ignorant,

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:29 am

Prinny God wrote:
Prinny wrote:

I agree! Hell! Even when this asshole (Timmy, I believe this edge thing only consists of this one ass face.)/Edge lost a court case against the legit Edge Magazine, the court still didn't find this fishy. This timmy guy/edge team even made a mock of the Edge magazine after wards and yet he/the group didn't get sued yet?

This is beyond ignorant,

What I thought was interesting was that we found a quote from someone higher up in Edge Magazine that stated specifically that they had absolutely NO ties whatsoever or any agreements with Tim or Edge Games.
Yet the Edge website says that Edge Magazine has licensed from him. He's lying his face off and getting away with it! It's wrong and illegal on a bunch of different levels!

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 am

Prinny wrote:
Prinny God wrote:I agree! Hell! Even when this asshole (Timmy, I believe this edge thing only consists of this one ass face.)/Edge lost a court case against the legit Edge Magazine, the court still didn't find this fishy. This timmy guy/edge team even made a mock of the Edge magazine after wards and yet he/the group didn't get sued yet?

This is beyond ignorant,

What I thought was interesting was that we found a quote from someone higher up in Edge Magazine that stated specifically that they had absolutely NO ties whatsoever or any agreements with Tim or Edge Games.
Yet the Edge website says that Edge Magazine has licensed from him. He's lying his face off and getting away with it! It's wrong and illegal on a bunch of different levels!

That's another thing I don't get. How can he say he licenses all these games on his website when he doesn't have the license for them?
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:51 am

I don't know but if NISA didn't formally agree to that or pay him anything, that is the biggest opening for a counter-suit...

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 am

Somebody screen shot it for proof! :lol:
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow