Cross Edge website

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Surreal
Majin
Majin

Re: Cross Edge website

Postby Surreal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:35 am

He has a PhD in fabrications and fallacies.

Khaos67
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Khaos67 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:54 am

Has anyone really read all the shit he has been doing to other companies? Like Edge Tech? He bought generic flash and sd cards and made some homo logo to stick on them while he was in a legal battle with them, swearing he lost sales due to their site. People were confused by their company name and his. LOL.

He really is one of those people who make corporate America look bad. Who the hell sues over the use of a common word? I assume any advertisement saying/posting in writing or using the words "cutting edge" when talking about their kitchen knife blades had to get permissions from him? I think not. I don't see him sueing them. What about advertisements talking window's "edge", a shelf "edge", "the edge" of a table; do they get sued? Of course not. He doesn't like to battle large well known companies. They'd annihilate his sorry self.

It is actually quite sad, I went to bed thinking about how to spite this guy last night and how to get in on a legal court case with some small time public defender and beat him in court. Honestly everything I am saying and others are saying is true. He is trying to hold rights and royalties to anything using the word "edge" which is plain stupid.

As I said before, I have family in the legal system, and right now I feel the system they spent years of their life being educated in and working for failed this time. People like this guy should be jailed in Federal Penetentary for cost damages he cannot reasonably afford to pay to companies who might have had better sales by using the word "edge'. Yes, this is plausible. In marketting, consumers are more likely to buy things with appealing design, colors, and name. Even if the product is less than adequate. Consumers all over the world are impulsive and it is those three things plus the sales gimmick which sucks people into buying something. Did you know the in color of this year is Teal? Paying attention to how many more Teal colored things are in the market in your local walmart, target, etc. From clothing to appliances. I told my wife this about three months ago and she started noticing things that day when we went out shopping.

I think I am going to make a new company called Edge Designs. No joke. I own two small companies of no consequence right now a friend of mine and I are trying to build up. I will add this one to the list.

"Thee"(Notice two e's here, so it is not copyright infringement) Edge Designs:
A web design company devoted to building websites for video game companies and their subsidiaries. Edge Designs will also work with any company releasing any comic book; magazine company, printed or electronic; electronic computer devices and videogame devices whom need a graphic designer.

Not only will Edge Designs do this, but we will do more. If asked nicely we will host all sales links for little cost 'and even try and track down any ip range from Tim Langdell and ban his IP from viewing our sites!' - *Sarcasm, but possible... if we banned all IP ranges from California which would hurt companies advertising through us.. and be unfair treatment to consumers residing in the state*

I really wish he would bring this to my doorstep. He would be sorry. I would compile everything on the net about him. If he acquired a web design company 3 months later, I'd counter sue him for everything his old butt is worth and then some. How? Easily, he would have to do to me, what he did to the others. Copy my design for my company with a slight alteration and offer the same services. Which is the grounds he would be sueing on in the first place. Beat him at his own game I say.

I hope he rots for all of this.

Khaos67
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Khaos67 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Has anyone seen this? The list of games he did make, notice no Edge game. Also notice the end; a list of games he once had on his list of games he published... RISK and Robotron being included.

If you also read some of the comments on here, you will read a comment doubting his sanity. I am almost agreeing. I have heard of Langdell before, but never really investigated everything about him and his actions. I have been diving into this for awhile now. I am beginning to wonder if he should be court ordered to be tested for mental competance at the moment. He does seem to have a couple possible mental disorders.

But if NIS is still interested in doing something about this here is more proof this guy cannot win his cases Namco's fight for Souledge. Ironically if you read the full decision he claims souledge was another game he produced in 1988. Yet, in his list I linked above.. there is no souledge present. This is kind of interesting.

Really I keep diving and find no wins on Tim's part in any case. Just Edge by Mobigames rolling over a few times and some companies changing their US Game names... but that is it. No wins. Just companies avoiding the loss of money wasted on court trials.

I say have it him NIS. Get the game, site, and anything else you are losing out on back.

FarmerGiles
Peon
Peon

Postby FarmerGiles » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Langdell's MO is this:
He sees someone use the word Edge by another company.
Then copies that product idea and puts some fabricate pictures and text on his website.
He then sends off some threatening letters in the hope someone believes him.

This happened with Edge Tech memory cards. They had been selling Edge Tech branded goods for years. Then Langdell found out Edge Tech were applying for a trademark on their cards. So the day before Langdell sent a petition the US trademark office he quickly fabricated some pictures of "EDGE" branded memory cards and claimed in the USPTO petition there was confusion with his products. The cheek of it, trying to claim a one day old picture on his website could in anyway be confused with Edge Tech's products that had been available for years. Not only did Langdell misrepresent evidence to the USPTO he tried to threaten Edge Tech. In this case Edge Tech quickly applied to suspend his action (which was found in their favour) pending the EA action to cancel Langdell's trademarks.
Since Langdell has been misrepresenting evidence to the USPTO and now there is a petition to cancel as well as a court case with EA it is only a matter of time before Langdell's false and misleading evidence is brought to judgement. I think Langdell will be lucky if he escapes prison.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am

So shouldn't someone have gotten him on fabricating evidence and purjury??

o_o?
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

robeduriv
Majin
Majin

Postby robeduriv » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:09 am

That's what makes this situation so frustrating. It is very clear how this Langdell is misusing the trademark law but he's still at it. A thread relating to this has been posted in the Feedback section so I suggest posting your ideas for NISA on there so that they may be viewed with a bit more urgency.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 am

Someone should take a bunch of screenshots with a date and time stamp and when he tries to fabricate evidence there will be evidence against him.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Anbu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 am

well that rather bullshit oO
since its part of a name itself , i it would have been his name or so but thats just ridiculous :lol:
want him to see argue about the word edge with "The Edge" in the wrestling ring for REAL even so the isnt the trademark just protecting full names? so normaly there should be no problem oO
since i havent even known this guy up until now
well if i look at this
http://www.edgegames.com/
how video is embedded how poor it looks yeah sure cross edge game , the nunchuck controller of nintendo
and if you look how poorly rendered the picture of velocity computer is...even the low quality pictures on the front , the low graphical design in the gamelist even the store you cant buy or preorder...this website is a joke
to be honest this is just ridiculous

even so
http://www.compileheart.com/xedge/
bäm hit in the face ^^ i will be banned for sure XD

even so on the Webpage at the bottom there is (c) but with a small letter it it wrong
© or (C) are correct

even the Copyright thing is wrong the holder of the Copyright isnt there
(c) 1989-2010

but forms are

Copyright © holder of rights, location , time
Copyright © holder of rights, time
Copyright © holder of rights
or same 3 without the symbol

this would be a right one

© NIS America, Inc. All Rights Reserved

i dont know but i found that on an acticle of trademark
"Der Markeninhaber hat gegen einen Verletzer einen Unterlassungsanspruch gegen die kennzeichenmäßige Benutzung der Marke, sofern das verwendete Zeichen mit der eingetragenen Marke identisch oder verwechselbar ähnlich ist und das Zeichen für identische oder ähnliche Dienstleistungen bzw. Waren verwendet wird, für die die Marke eingetragen ist"
the meaning: the holder of rights can just get money if the trademark is mistakeable or it is too similar
but
not every game of the edge company has edge in his name
there is no other item what is named cross edge

besides cross edge in japan , nothing about him
2008 was release , normaly such things about missused tradmarks are happening before a game gets published or even after a couple of months but after 2 years ? What about Compile Heart or Koei?

Well even so i cant find any Edge company on the cover or backside of the gameshell do i need glasses?

And at the end just a comment:
If you have the rights on any games show us your fking licence and your contribution on any game i even cant you find you on credits of the game and well
here something funny
http://toucharcade.com/2009/11/11/indie ... rk-claims/
http://www.funnystrange.com/copyright/trademark.htm
http://www.uspto.gov/ if you search edge trademark you get over 40k docs have fun browsing)

and just as i know from myself without researching
if trademark is EDGE then "EDGE" alone is protected not using in new phrases
if every game of a company has the name edge at the end
as example published 5 games "my Edge" "your edge" "fake edge" "double edge" "the two edge"

i think the most cases the judges are too stupid even to get rights on a single common used word is stupid , names to indicate something okay but judging other to use this word in an different context hmmm yeah for sure...

but now hes at EA and well yeah poor guy that a little to much for him against EA he will lose for sure
trademarked the word mirror and wants ea for mirrors edge now but as far as i know he cant win cause the trademark was made after the publishing

correct me in any way if im wrong at any point ^^

Copyright © Anbu , 2010

MfG

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:47 am

What? Now he's trademarked the word "mirror"? And they let him do this? The world is doomed.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

hmmm yeah

trademarked EDGE and MIRROR and is creating a game "MIRROR a game from EDGE" so that he can insult them but he wont succes
since they wont rename it nor they will remove it from the market

well but this happens if some cant get enough...try to do his show with EA what a retard XD
maaan how can someone be so stupid...its like trademarking "Warcraft" and tring to insult Blizzard
bad move

Mesarthim
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Mesarthim » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:49 pm

So even though it took awhile I am about to own a ps3 here supposedly in a few days so I went to my nearest gamestop to see what I wanted to grab for the moment. After 10 minutes of indecisiveness I saw one last copy of cross edge hidden behind a tag on a shelf. New copy and all.

Then I decided to check this forum as infrequently as I do and just learned of all of this right now. My first reaction is "wait what?"

I have a new copy of Cross Edge sitting nearby now and then I see this.
Insert signature here. I'm uninspired.

Dprin
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dprin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:39 am

all this over the word E... oh just got sued well I shall see you later I have now got to get lotsa money. :evil:
Here we go dood! -hero prinny

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:45 pm

All negativity aside and whatnot... does this make my copy of Cross **** void matter?

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:49 am

As long as you got a copy of the game, it should still work. I'm not sure if they have taken down the DLC yet though.

However they won't be making any more copies, so what's out there is out there.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:27 am

bloodyaftertaste wrote:As long as you got a copy of the game, it should still work. I'm not sure if they have taken down the DLC yet though.

However they won't be making any more copies, so what's out there is out there.

Actually Play-Asia just got in more copies of the U.S. version and has them on sale but maybe it's spare copies though.

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”