Trophies

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Trophies

Postby Taiga » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I've read everywhere that to get plat in this game, you would have to spend lots, and lots of time. I haven't even started mass synthesis and already I feel like I'm slowly going insane. :lol:

How long did it take you guys to reach plat at this? Any tips... except for "go back and do hard mode"?

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Re: Trophies

Postby Surreal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm

I think it took me a couple of months to complete everything in the game and get the L.O.X title.

How that translates into hours spent I'm not sure since the game doesn't track that stats for you, though I didn't play it constantly throughout that time period. Make no mistake that it is a difficult and time consuming journey to getting the platinum trophy.

My advise would be to just enjoy the game and only think about collecting all the trophies once you've completed all of the main challenges that the game has to offer battle-wise as you can't synthesise all of the weapons/items until you've at least defeated all of the post game bosses in Ida-2. Playing the game on Hard difficulty isn't necessary to achieve the platinum though you'll miss out on the Ida-3 map and doppelgänger fights (which in my opinion is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game).

Personally I didn't bother collecting all of the titles (and subsequently trophies) until I'd finished all of the battles in Ida-3. Some of the doppelgängers occasionally drop weapons which hasten the weapon synthesis of "ultimate" weapons, buts it doesn't take that much longer to synthesise them yourself if you know what and where the enemy drops are

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Yeah, first of all, no way you're getting true end ( and therefore a lot of the titles ) without a guide, so that's your first problem, just play the game once, then use the perfect ending guide.

Second, I wish I knew how many hours I spent on getting the L.O.X. trophy, I know I spend at least 200 hours just on the synthesizing alone, god. Took AGES. Marie wasn't helping much with the constant failing and giving me grass instead of my high grade items all the time either.

Be prepared for farming a loooot of Hellblaze
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Ah, already am at the true end actually. Part of the reason why I'm hesitating to restart the game in hard mode is because I don't feel like being glued to a walkthrough all the time and hoping I didn't screw up the pre-reqs once again.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

I haven't got all the trophies yet and I've had the game since it came out, in fact I just got to 5-3 a few nights ago while playing this to kill time before I pick up Bayonetta. But as stated by the others the only trophies that are going to be time consuming to get is the obtain all weapons/armor/items/titles ones, all the other trophies are pretty easy to get.

jonyroger
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby jonyroger » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm

The trophies are which part of the reason why I'm hesitating to restart the game in hard mode is because I don't feel like being glued to a walk through all the time and hoping I didn't screw up the pre-reqs once again.

helsalee
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby helsalee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 am

I do not feel like being glued to walk all the time and I hope not to ruin the pre-requests again. But as trophies only game other works that may take some time to get there is to get all the weapons themselves, all the other prizes are fairly easy to obtain. Make no mistake about it, is difficult and takes time to travel to get the platinum trophy.

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Varyag » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 pm

I've got a Plat, it takes around 200-250 hours. The most time-consuming trophy is about:
- achieving all titles
- synthesis (especially weapons)

You can achieve it, when you have access to 5-2 location (Ida). 5-3 with steroid enemies is not necessary to visit at all... =) Difficulty level is no matter, I think, but I've completed game twice at Hard.
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”