Tips~?

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Tips~?

Postby Prinny » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 am

Hey guys :3

I finally got Cross Edge so I wanted to ask for some tips and stuff about it. Like anything you guys would find useful to tell someone just starting out XD I can't really find the thread in the old forums and I'm not sure if anyone who posted there even has the same name anymore lol. Any help will be appreciated :>

I do have one question, do souls on the map count toward the whole costume unlocking, or is it just the ones in plot events? Or how does that even work really? (bf skipped the tutorial about it- I wasn't the one playing at the time)
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Tips~?

Postby XCronoX » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Will need to collect all souls IIRC, spend some time at the beginning of the game grinding for EP and money to upgrade your equipment which is slightly more important than your level least when first starting try to save as much of your PP till the end.

Oh and you could also use the DLC for an early boost but that'll make the game super easy.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah I've had a lot of the free DLC since they first started releasing it... (I was afraid it would go poof so I downloaded it) and yeah I'm amazed at some of the stuff that was included lol.

And IIRC = ?

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:34 pm

As soon as Aurica and Misha join your party , immediately switch Aurica into your active party as she's the best early healer in the game and if you give her a sufficiently powered weapon she'll be able to heal an ally to full health with one healing spell: I can't remember what affinity her healing spell is but I'm pretty sure it isn't equipped when you first get her so you'll need to get a weapon that allows her to use it. I think there's a 550tp weapon you can get for her that does the job though one of the first few available weapons should let you use it.

Otherwise, you should consider allocating character points to vitality as the higher that stat (without green boosts) the greater that characters health will rise when they level up. When breaking an enemy you'll probably want to use a 2/3 person branch attack as that will ensure that more than one person gets the AP bonus.

Sorry about not providing you with skill and weapon names as I'm playing Agarest at the moment and I've diverted all of my past Cross Edge knowledge into that game... heh.

High break values for weapons is a good parameter to look for as it'll obviously make it easier for you to break enemies in battle. I personally ignored the burst and down bars as they just complicated the game for me, just remember that a down skill needs a down slot on a weapon, and vice versa for normal and burst skills; eventually when you gain the most powerful weapons they will usually have ALL slots which allows any skill to be equipped in that slot.

You'll also gain more TP by finishing a battle with a high hit count (the TP received is 1/4 of your hit count so 20 hits would award 5 TP, 400 hits = 100TP).

IIRC means: If I recall correctly.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:41 am

Thats good to know :o I haven't had need for a healer because of that free DLC, but I'm sure I will soon enough.

And about the CP, also good to know XD.

The internet has too many acronyms anymore @[email protected];;

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:37 pm

I made the mistake of not including a healer in my party on my first playthrough. I paid for that decision dearly. XD

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:56 pm

How long was that? Before I realized that Aurica had a healing spell I was going through hell near the end of the first level. :o

That said, back on the healer topic, Aurica is great at first, but do raise Marie and later Misha for their healing spells. Marie is probably the best healer for a big part of the game since her heal also heals ailments, except those "stop" statuses. Misha,s heal however heals everything, but cost more AP then Marie, and early in the game, you might not have that much to spare.

Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby Surreal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:14 pm

I actually completed the game without a healer and that was a real struggle for me, obviously I wouldn't recommend it to anybody else especially considering I had to go through 3 back to back battles at the end. XD

Marie actually made it into my favourite post-game party (Felicia, York, Lazarus and Marie) because of her cost effective healing spell and the fact that she could cast Ragnarok all by herself. However Aurica is easily the best healer at the start of the game since her healing spell costs the least to use and she automatically has it from the start.

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

I salute you then! Really, making it to the end without a healer, I can't even imagine it.

Hmm, I didn't know Marie could Ragnarok by herself, this is good news. I really need to tweak a final post-game team. I've just been mixing people together according to Arcane Tomes to see what I like recently.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Yeah I made the mistake of wandering into a dungeon that showed up on the first layer...and I found some small cute dragon thing that killed me, and took two phases in a row :(
If it wasn't in the back row I probably could have killed it...
Other than that I haven't had any need of healing yet xD;;;

Here I was thinking Marie wasn't really meant for being in the party... shows what I know.

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Cute little dragon?

Are you in the DLC dungeon? Because I don't remember those dragons showing up on the first level.

And actually, you might have more chances of defeating those things in the back row. You can put a tank up front and wait until you can cast your EX-moves.

But, most of the time, RUN. Or save a lot. These things are really overpowered compared to you.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:00 pm

It might be a DLC dungeon, I don't know. Its called EA something. I just went back and May was like "o hey I found a dungeon!" and I was doomed. Tanks mean nothing at that point, it pwned my back row, then my front in one move each. It sucked lol. I wanna go back in there and try my EX moves, because I forgot about them xD;;
And what sucks is being in the back row didn't stop it from owning me, but it stopped me from doing anything really. I hate not having a good strategy for back row enemies atm... the only thing I have is Felicia's roll, and if nothing is in front of what I want to hit in the back, then its useless .-.

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Yeah, I think that's the DLC dungeon... and man, so not fair to put the dragon there. And forget what I said, this early in game, you don't have the set up to take it on. Your best bet is to RUN.

Oh back row fighting sucks. You need to get used at moving people around mid-fight for a while.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh really ? XD Here I was just thinking I was doing something wrong... I totally expected you to be like "well if you move so-and-so into this row then....~ blarblar...

Is anyone good for back row other than Yuto? I kinda wanna take him out of my party eventually lol X:

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Every DLC dungeon has a powerful monster in store. You'll have to be careful when venturing in them.

Miesha (Level 30) shows up in the first DLC dungeon.
Mucrane (Level 60) shows up in the second DLC dungeon.
Luijt (Level 120) shows up in the third DLC dungeon.
Golden Bat (Level 110) shows up in the fourth DLC dungeon.
Clione (Level 195) shows up in the fifth DLC dungeon.

Prinny wrote:Is anyone good for back row other than Yuto? I kinda wanna take him out of my party eventually lol X:

Aurica and Misha are good back-rowers.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”