Kawaii dragons are piss me off ^_^

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum

Kawaii dragons are piss me off ^_^

Postby Varyag » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi everyone! =)

I've run into one little problem, the name of it - "damn kawaii dragons"... Currently I'm at Wilkiet 2, area complete (I've mess some events in Wilkiet 1, include Hot spring... ehhh... hope to get it in second playthroug), when I entered the dungeon (between Wilkiet 2 and next area) I've met a party with one dragon (not Miesha (?) from additional dungeon in Zeine) and some other enemies... I was ambushed, dragon strikes first... and last... =))) How... guys, how to beat this dragons? When I fought Miesha, and lower his/her HP to 300-400, it became invincible at all!... and I run from battle.

Maybe there is some strategy... or advices? )

My party:
- York
- Miu
- Felicia
- Aurica

My formation:
XXXA
FMXX
XYXX

Thanks to all, and sorry for poor English =))
Sorry for bad English, it's not my first language :))

~Proud Member of the JSFPS (Fate/Extra Squad)~
Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Kawaii dragons are piss me off ^_^

Postby Taiga » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:53 pm

You can't. (for now)

Look at that things levels, it's much, much higher then you. This is normal, so don't worry.

Your best bet is to try to run away or use those items to prevent battles.

As to how to beat them when they go invincible, you need to EX attack.
Last edited by Taiga on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby KlayBuddy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Miesha has both Parry and Perfect Barrier (evades physical and magical attacks when HP is lower than 25%). EX Skills or people with Good Shot attribute are the only way to beat Miesha (or a very good magic combo like Ragnarok). Your best bet is to rack in some SP to finish it off later on.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Varyag » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks to all for advices =)
I'll try, just completed inFamous, so... will continue to Cross Edge =))

Oh, and some more things I wanna ask:
- where is the best place to level-up my team, at current progress in the game?
- as I make out the TP calculated by formula like combo x 2 / 10... cos when I've made combo 190, receive 38 TP, when 70 - 14... so, am I right, or there is some other factors which affect at TP in the end of battle?
- please can someone explain me how to use Arcane Tome (I mean, how to orientate in all those combo). It's the one moment I don't get in whole battle system... sad, but true.. ))

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Surreal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Levelling up in this game doesn't really help you that much. Just farm the materials you need to make new weapons, upgrade your equipment with EP, equip stat boosters and channel points into vitality if you're worried about your characters being killed too quickly.
Surreal
Majin
Majin

Postby KlayBuddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Varyag wrote:- please can someone explain me how to use Arcane Tome (I mean, how to orientate in all those combo). It's the one moment I don't get in whole battle system... sad, but true.. ))

It's very simple if you think about it. To initiate a Branch, Magic, or EX-Skill Combo, all you need to do is use certain people with their respective skills. If you read the arcane tome description, you can see what people are required for each combo. For example:

Your party:
- York
- Miu
- Felicia
- Aurica

York and Felicia can combo Trick Vanish and Sneaky Steps together since they have Quick Shot and Delta Kick respectively. Since you have the prerequisites met, you can use this Branch Combo:

[ Quick Shot -> Delta Kick OR Delta Kick -> Quick Shot = Trick Vanish ]

Branching further from Trick Vanish, you can go into Sneaky Steps:

[ Trick Vanish -> Quick Shot -> Delta Kick OR Trick Vanish -> Delta Kick -> Quick Shot = Sneaky Steps ]

As you can see, the order in which you use these skills do not matter as long as you use that skill. So, you can even go ahead and do this:

[ Quick Shot -> Quick Shot -> Delta Kick = Trick Vanish -> Delta Kick = Sneaky Steps ]
[ Delta Kick -> Delta Kick -> Quick Shot = Trick Vanish -> Quick Shot = Sneaky Steps ]

If you break this continuity and use a different skill, however, then you'll have to start over again. With that in mind, try not to break your combo or it may result in a very bad situation!
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Varyag » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:02 am

Yeah, Felicia x York combo is one, which I found without looking in Arcane Tome ^_^

Also I still don't get one thing in Arcane Tome, for example I'll write one combination:

Number 83: Death Circle. When I put cursor at it, I see 2 more windows:

1st one - Joint combo: EX-C Skill 1; EX-A Skill 1; EX-F Skill 1

And 2nd one belongs to 1st one, and changes:

For EX-C Skill 1: Roaring Blade (Ayatane); Impulse (Lyner)
For EX-A Skill 1: Kitty Helper (Felicia); Fallen Demon Rush (Miu) Prinny Raid (Etna)l Cryptic Needle (Morrigan); Final Ferocity (Miko)
For EX-F Skill 1: Faceoff (York); Mana Bringer (Raze); Dry Burst (Zeros (Zelos)); Prinny Rush (Prinny)

Some of names white, some blue, some grey. I know the meaning of the colors from Help menu.

So, can you explain me the meaning of all these? =))

If I get right, at my example, EX-A Skill 1 can be done with any of listed characters, but how to know, how many I need for combo... there are 5 chars, in battle can take part only 4 of them, so how to know that I nedd 4, or 3, or two of them for this combo? )

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby KlayBuddy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 am

You only need one person from each category to use their skill once. So, you'll need either Ayatane or Lyner to actually use the Death Circle combo. It would have to be something like this:

Lets say your team is now:
- York
- Miu
- Felicia
- Lyner

[ Impulse -> Kitty Helper -> Faceoff = Death Circle ]
[ Impulse -> Fallen Demon Rush -> Faceoff = Death Circle ]

Like stated in my last post, the order in which you use these skills do not matter, as long as you use them before continuing with the combo.
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 am

In the end, the only branch combo you'll need to be able to pull off is Fanatic rave, preferably 3 times every time you attack
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Varyag » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 am

KlayBuddy, and what's means all these "EX-F", "EX-A" and other letters in the names?
Also I've read that there is some "levels" of all combination or something, like a from one combo may grow up more powerful combo. As far as I understand it was said about, in our example, growin' Sneaky Steps from 2x Trick Vanish, am I right? )

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby KlayBuddy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 am

It's really hard for me to explain it without having my game at the moment, but I will try my best.

The letters you see represent the tier and category of the skill. For example:

Quick Shot [C-Skill I]
Delta Kick [C-Skill II]

Knowing this helps you identify what skills to use and which Branch Combination is correct with your set of skills. Of course, you could just look at the information tab for each combo and know beforehand what character and skills to use. Here's one particular list and its levels:

Trick Vanish = AtkRank I
Sneaky Steps = AtkRank II
Deadly Dance = AtkRank III
Rave Accelerator = AtkRank IV
A Thousand Deaths = AtkRank V
Fanatic Rave = AtkRank VI

As you can see, each combo has a level and the growing levels of each skill require its predecessor in order to work. So, you cannot use Rave Accelerator without having an AtkRank III combo (like Deadly Dance) worked out. However, like you said, it gets more powerful when you go up in levels. As for EX-Skill Combinations, just look at the information tab and see which characters are required.
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Varyag » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:17 pm

KlayBuddy, thanks , man, your posts really helps me ^_^
Ah, and one thing about Combinations, I mean attaching some elements/materials to equipment/weap. Where can I find those items? Are they drops from enemies after overkill/overbreak/e.t.c, or they can be received from upgrading some items to their max and then convert?

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby KlayBuddy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 pm

You can get them by overkilling, stealing (certain characters and skills), or converting it from an item.
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Varyag » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 am

KlayBuddy, hi again =) Finally I came home and continue Cross Edge. I wanna add Etna in my party, what can you give me advice in combo with she? I think I'll replace Miu =)

upd:
Yeah, I kick the ass of my first Miesha! :twisted: With York's Faceoff EX-Skill (equiped gun: Blacksmith (2000TP) )

upd 2:
I'm back to Arcane Tome... please look at this screenshot... Broken Hit -> B-Skill I. Need 2 skills, as far as I understand - Lightning Rod (Etna) and Snipe (York). But It don't work at all. I made Lightning Rod + Snipe combinations many times, in different orders, but there is no effect... maybe I get something wrong?))

Varyag
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby KlayBuddy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 am

Congratulations on your first Miesha kill! Hope you enjoyed the massive results.

As for your Broken Hit combo, take a look at your screen and then at my previous posts. You need both B-Skill I and B-Skill II to work, so you need someone from B-Skill II category. If you use both B-Skill I, it won't work since there's no progression at all. So, take a look at B-Skill II category and see who you need, although I could use an example:

Etna - Lightning Rod [B-Skill I]
Marie - Uni [B-Skill II]

Lightning Rod [B-Skill I] + Uni [B-Skill II] = Broken Hit

Remember, you need someone from each category, not all the characters from the same category. I know you said you knew what the colors meant, but you might want to take a look at the categories that are blue because that means you need someone from that category with that specific skill in order for the combo to work.
KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Next

Return to Cross E... that is no longer