if they made a new Makai Kingdom IF!!!! probably not though.

Official Makai Kingdom discussion forum.
MIRACLEfool
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

if they made a new Makai Kingdom IF!!!! probably not though.

Postby MIRACLEfool » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm

If they did I Reeally, Really, think they should actually make Asagi be the main character, because everyone will be going "what? WHAT?!?!" just saying though
Your organs.. I wants.

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: if they made a new Makai Kingdom IF!!!! probably not though.

Postby Ubiquitor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 am

MIRACLEfool wrote:If they did I Reeally, Really, think they should actually make Asagi be the main character, because everyone will be going "what? WHAT?!?!" just saying though

Indeed, there is logic in thinking a sequel to Makai Kingdom would have Asagi as the main character; however, that sequel is Makai Wars.

Game, set, match.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

MIRACLEfool
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MIRACLEfool » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Ubiquitor wrote:Game, set, match.

Dammit!
How dare you strike my hopes!! Now I can't fight back due to my obvious lack of knowledge of NIS games!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Ubiquitor wrote:
MIRACLEfool wrote:If they did I Reeally, Really, think they should actually make Asagi be the main character, because everyone will be going "what? WHAT?!?!" just saying though

Indeed, there is logic in thinking a sequel to Makai Kingdom would have Asagi as the main character; however, that sequel is Makai Wars.

Game, set, match.

Ubi could you indulge my curiosity with info on Makai Wars? I have heard it's on "indefinite hiatus" could you elaborate?

MIRACLEfool
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MIRACLEfool » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

lopez wrote: could you indulge my curiosity with info on Makai Wars? I have heard it's on "indefinite hiatus" could you elaborate?

Makai Wars is the joke sequel of Makai Kingdom apparently it was going to be put in recently on the PSP but moved to the the PS3(according to rumors) It continues to be on hold til this day apparently due to technical difficulties and internal conflicts among staff members.
It had made cameo ideas in Axel mode of Disgaea 2 and Asagi mode of Prinny.
What Ubi said probably shouldn't be taken seriously... probably...
Your organs.. I wants.

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

MIRACLEfool wrote:
lopez wrote: could you indulge my curiosity with info on Makai Wars? I have heard it's on "indefinite hiatus" could you elaborate?

Makai Wars is the joke sequel of Makai Kingdom apparently it was going to be put in recently on the PSP but moved to the the PS3(according to rumors) It continues to be on hold til this day apparently due to technical difficulties and internal conflicts among staff members.
It had made cameo ideas in Axel mode of Disgaea 2 and Asagi mode of Prinny.
What Ubi said probably shouldn't be taken seriously... probably...

Good enough explanation; here is a link describing the very same information.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

So you guys are saying that my hopes for a sequel have been haphazardly dashed against the rocks of humor?

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:02 pm

lopez wrote:So you guys are saying that my hopes for a sequel have been haphazardly dashed against the rocks of humor?

It is a respectable demise.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

-Asagi, Soul Nomad

Red_Rose
Majin
Majin

Postby Red_Rose » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 am

I doubt it beside if they made a new game they would of talked about it now beside Asagi should have her own Anime not her game it would be more amusing to see (Sorry Asagi fans)
Darkness will lead us to salvation
赤いバラ

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I would prefer a finished game of the first Makai Kingdom on the PSP with enhanced features more.

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:55 pm

DarkPrier wrote:I would prefer a finished game of the first Makai Kingdom on the PSP with enhanced features more.

This, so much.

It's pretty obvious that MK was a rushed game just by looking at how unpolished it is. Plus, I recall reading about some story elements being removed or outright changed since they didn't have time to make it work. Finish MK before talking about a sequel.

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Yeah... I loved Makai Kingdom, but its plot was disconnected, the translation was incomplete at best and utterly wrong in a lot of places. The most positive things I can say is that the main ending is really good, the side characters leave a strong impression, despite the weakness of the plot, and the game has Pram and Seedle. Pram I like for her personality, Seedle I like for his style. In addition, I think the idea of being able to throw the base panel around, and the movement system in general were truly great - even though the movement system was a simple remodeling of the one from Phantom Brave.

Overall, if you simply go by gameplay, Makai Kingdom is the best of the NIS srpgs, making even our beloved Disgaea look a bit weak. However, in terms of plot, it simply doesn't catch up with even the least of the others.

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 am

Clephas wrote:Yeah... I loved Makai Kingdom, but its plot was disconnected, the translation was incomplete at best and utterly wrong in a lot of places. The most positive things I can say is that the main ending is really good, the side characters leave a strong impression, despite the weakness of the plot, and the game has Pram and Seedle. Pram I like for her personality, Seedle I like for his style. In addition, I think the idea of being able to throw the base panel around, and the movement system in general were truly great - even though the movement system was a simple remodeling of the one from Phantom Brave.

Overall, if you simply go by gameplay, Makai Kingdom is the best of the NIS srpgs, making even our beloved Disgaea look a bit weak. However, in terms of plot, it simply doesn't catch up with even the least of the others.

personally imho, Disgaea is weak to all the other NIS SRPGs except Soul Nomad(which is pretty bad).

The sequels of La Pucelle will fix all of the original's problems so Disgaea will pretty much be left in dust gameplay wise.

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 am

lol... and Soul Nomad had the most well-designed plot of the group, which made the gap between the gameplay and the rest of the game more noticeable. As for La Pucelle... honestly, its the one that left the least impression on me of the games. I hardly recall anything about it.

Edit: Well, the most well-balanced of the games would probably be either Disgaea 2 or Phantom Brave... though I don't recall enough about La Pucelle to make a judgment there.

BlackIceJoe
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby BlackIceJoe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

I think a remake of Makai Kingdom would be great for the PSP. I would like the sequel Makai Wars more. But I would gladly buy Makai Kingdom so I could play the game on the PSP. Then in the future the sequel Makai Wars could come out.

Return to “Makai Kingdom”