Page 1 of 3

Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:48 pm
by 17thColossi
Yes, I still believe it will come out and I had an idea for a good story.

It starts with Asagi traveling to the Netherworld Interactive Software or NIS HQ to figure out why her game hasn't been finished yet. The NIS Headquarters is not just one big building but an entire Netherworld! Throughout the game Asagi must hunt down the NIS President to ask him about her game. She learns various lessons about being a main character. Along the way she is joined by some side-characters. In the end, after the final battle with the NIS President he informs her that she is in fact the main character and has been this whole time.

This is the only proper way to end Asagi's quest for being the Main Character.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm
by Seventh
>It starts with Asagi
Even if it does come out, I will not accept her being anything other than a Mid-Boss TRYING to be the main character.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:24 pm
by 17thColossi
But it is her game. She can't be like Mid-boss. She has to be the main character.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 am
by Seventh
17thColossi wrote:But it is her game. She can't be like Mid-boss. She has to be the main character.

In your idea, yes.

It's only "her" game in the sense it's SUPPOSED to be, and given her character, this already makes her the perfect Mid-Boss.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:15 pm
by 17thColossi
No but she is supposed to be the main character no matter what. She was announced and created for the purpose of being the main character of Makai Wars. It is her game.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 pm
by Seventh
17thColossi wrote:No but she is supposed to be the main character no matter what. She was announced and created for the purpose of being the main character of Makai Wars. It is her game.

Are you... trolling me or...?

What was supposed to be is irrelevant. It didn't happen.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:05 am
by Ringwraith
That's the irony of Asagi, if she ever does get to be the main character, her reason for existance is almost completely moot, as she crops up everywhere because her game evaporated into the ether, so if she ever did have a place as a main character she'd no longer have a reason to turn up everywhere. So it can't really happen, it's like a vicious circle.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:51 am
by Rednal
She can join everyone else in trying to be a Main Character again.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:24 am
by Seventh
Ringwraith wrote:That's the irony of Asagi, if she ever does get to be the main character, her reason for existance is almost completely moot, as she crops up everywhere because her game evaporated into the ether, so if she ever did have a place as a main character she'd no longer have a reason to turn up everywhere. So it can't really happen, it's like a vicious circle.

Exactly. Not only that, it would essentially take away her personality too - she accomplished her goal so... now what? Unless that game is erased from canon, so she can still seek to be a main character (or just mindlessly do it for no reason, which would be stupid), all I imagine is her just chilling out after that.

That's why a Mid-Boss role is perfect for her. She's still A main character, and at the end, she can declare she'll star in the sequel or something. (Naturally, she won't.)

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am
by Ringwraith
Rednal wrote:She can join everyone else in trying to be a Main Character again.

The defining trait of Asagi is that she's never actually been a main character, whereas all the others have been at one point, so want to take back that crown. Asagi never had it to begin with.
Also, not everyone tries to reclaim their main character status, like I don't take Adell for the spotlight stealing type.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am
by Seventh
Ringwraith wrote:
Rednal wrote:She can join everyone else in trying to be a Main Character again.

The defining trait of Asagi is that she's never actually been a main character, whereas all the others have been at one point, so want to take back that crown. Asagi never had it to begin with.
Also, not everyone tries to reclaim their main character status, like I don't take Adell for the spotlight stealing type.

Yeah, Adell thus far has really only been in cameos because he's been bored - and even then in DLC. Marona comes to mind as well, and Zetta in Disgaea 2 was just there.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 am
by Ringwraith
Seventh wrote:That's why a Mid-Boss role is perfect for her. She's still A main character, and at the end, she can declare she'll star in the sequel or something. (Naturally, she won't.)


Come to think of it, wasn't there a side-story in Prinny 2 about Asagi fighting off Asagi clones or something? It's something I remember glancing over by accident once.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am
by Seventh
Ringwraith wrote:
Seventh wrote:That's why a Mid-Boss role is perfect for her. She's still A main character, and at the end, she can declare she'll star in the sequel or something. (Naturally, she won't.)


Come to think of it, wasn't there a side-story in Prinny 2 about Asagi fighting off Asagi clones or something? It's something I remember glancing over by accident once.

Yup! That's about the closest to main character status she's even gotten.

As a Prinny.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:00 pm
by 17thColossi
Seventh wrote:Are you... trolling me or...?

What was supposed to be is irrelevant. It didn't happen.


More like the other way around. You basically just told an Asagi fan that his favorite character can never be happy and be the main character. I also don't see how the developers basically stating she is the main character of Makai Wars is irrelevant but whatever.

:D I don't really care anymore.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 am
by Seventh
17thColossi wrote:
Seventh wrote:Are you... trolling me or...?

What was supposed to be is irrelevant. It didn't happen.


More like the other way around. You basically just told an Asagi fan that his favorite character can never be happy and be the main character. I also don't see how the developers basically stating she is the main character of Makai Wars is irrelevant but whatever.

:D I don't really care anymore.

Your being an Asagi fan or her being your character is irrelevant as well. The developers stating that is... also irrelevant. They may have planned to cancel it from the start JUST to make her their "mascot".

I really hope you're kidding around here. :|