Girls und Panzer

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Girls und Panzer

Postby vampko » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Press Release
You may have heard of kung fu, but the girls at Oarai High School practice gun-fu - really, really BIG 75mm gun-fu, in fact. It’s called Sensha-do, and it’s the martial art of operating armored tanks! They take it seriously too, and since winning the national Sensha-do championship is such a huge deal at Oarai, they sometimes go to extreme ends in order to get the best students from Panzer class to sign up. Which is how Miho Nishizumi, who HATES operating tanks, gets drafted to join doomsday-driven driver Mako, even-triggered gunner Hana, highly receptive radio operator Saori and combustible tank-fangirl and loader Yukari as the incomparable Anko Team. They may not be on the half-track to fame and fortune, and maybe a few of them would rather shop for tank tops than become tops in tanks, but once their focus is locked and loaded, they’re absolutely driven. It’s mad, it’s metal and mayhem is guaranteed! So marching band and drill teams take cover, ‘cause the parade ground’s about to be rock and rolled under in the extra-curricular, armored vehicular spectacular that delivers in every particular: GIRLS UND PANZER!

(Sentai's Descrips are always hilarious xD)
Commercial
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Girls und Panzer

Postby vertical09 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 pm

This sounds like Strike Witches and Upotte mixed together with [insert daily life anime here]

This could be good. I'll give it a try~

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:40 pm

vertical09 wrote:This sounds like Strike Witches and Upotte mixed together with [insert daily life anime here]

The same military adviser for those two shows is involved with this one as well, actually.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

This show has a reasonable chance of regular explosions. I'm interested. o wo
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Announced for a 2-day delay "simulcast" by Crunchy.
I never got my avatars.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Daverost wrote:Announced for a 2-day delay "simulcast" by Crunchy.

That's not that big of a delay at all. Probably means it'll stream elsewhere as well.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Too big for me to bother waiting two days to watch it. Crunchy has my money for the month anyway, so screw it.
I never got my avatars.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Less than ten minutes!!!!!!!
EDIT
4 minutes!
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Episode 1 was amazing!!!!!!
Spoiler:
The tank battle at the beginning was really fun to watch~ And I'm really curious what happened with Miho. And really interested in why they're on a ship o_o

Can't wait for episode 2 ~
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 pm

I felt like all of the characters were far too dumb for the first episode to really be enjoyable. I don't feel like explaining again, so I'll just copy what I posted elsewhere.

Spoiler:
The other thing was how stupid the characters were. Main girl didn't want to drive tanks. Her school student council shows what is literally a propaganda film to the students. They all fall for it hook, line, and sinker, including her new friends. Her new friends pester her about joining up, knowing that she doesn't want to and seeing what it did to her the other day. Then she outright refuses and her friends drop out too, putting even more pressure on her because now she's responsible for them not doing what they wanted to. So then the student council comes in and threatens expulsion, which I don't even know how in the hell they would be capable of doing that. And suddenly she cracks to the pressure, but you can tell it still bothers her. Then she sees a tank and she's a damn expert on everything AND SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TUNE IN NEXT WEEK.

I'm hoping now that the dumbest ass setup in the history of ever is done we can enjoy tank fights on an admittedly kickass naval carrier campus.
I never got my avatars.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Daverost wrote:I felt like all of the characters were far too dumb for the first episode to really be enjoyable. I don't feel like explaining again, so I'll just copy what I posted elsewhere.

Spoiler:
The other thing was how stupid the characters were. Main girl didn't want to drive tanks. Her school student council shows what is literally a propaganda film to the students. They all fall for it hook, line, and sinker, including her new friends. Her new friends pester her about joining up, knowing that she doesn't want to and seeing what it did to her the other day. Then she outright refuses and her friends drop out too, putting even more pressure on her because now she's responsible for them not doing what they wanted to. So then the student council comes in and threatens expulsion, which I don't even know how in the hell they would be capable of doing that. And suddenly she cracks to the pressure, but you can tell it still bothers her. Then she sees a tank and she's a damn expert on everything AND SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS TUNE IN NEXT WEEK.

I'm hoping now that the dumbest ass setup in the history of ever is done we can enjoy tank fights on an admittedly kickass naval carrier campus.

Spoiler:
Umm...if you didn't notice there was a super low turnout. The ones whom it did affect probably have a natural affinity for it. Also, it's not unnatural for propoganda to work initially, then wear off later. Which is what was pretty much shown in this episode.

About her and the tanks. Well, just because she had a traumatic event, doesn't mean that she didn't love tanks before then.

About the Student council...well, it's not like a student council hasn't been made extremely powerful in a school before >.>

I never got the 'sunshine and rainbows' thing either.

And her friends were caught up in the moment. Notice how they supported her 100% even fighting against the student council which OBVIOUSLY holds some serious power?

She didn't 'crack to the pressure'. She felt bad that her friends wouldn't get to do something that they really wanted to do. I know the feeling. It happens a lot to people who put others before themselves. She didn't care about what the Student Council had to say. She just knew that her friends were doing everything in their power to support her, even though they wanted to do things otherwise truly. She even says it later on, "i was just happy that someone cared about what I thought".
Spoiler:

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

I hope this gets better ,or something as the first ep was a tad boring .

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:49 am

Episode 2 was amazing!

I wanna see episode 3 T_T

Spoiler:
Ah, gotta love it how the instructor wasn't a guy! This is definitely going to be better than Upotte! They've got quite the fun team set up! I wonder which job the sleepy girl will be taking? Second day and already doing a battle. Though, I do think this is probably the best way to do things.
Spoiler:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am

vampko wrote:Episode 2 was amazing!

Spoiler:
Ah, gotta love it how the instructor wasn't a guy! This is definitely going to be better than Upotte! They've got quite the fun team set up! I wonder which job the sleepy girl will be taking? Second day and already doing a battle. Though, I do think this is probably the best way to do things.

Spoiler:
In the first episode did they wake her up to drive to it?
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

neonie wrote:
vampko wrote:Episode 2 was amazing!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
In the first episode did they wake her up to drive to it?

That might be...I'd have to watch again.
Spoiler:
I know she was part of their squad though.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Anime Chat”