Suggestions for new series to watch?

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Suggestions for new series to watch?

Postby odinfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am

I feel like I need to fill that void up and keep up with what's popular, as I haven't seen anything worth my time lately, so I just thought you guys might help me out. I'm open to anything.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Suggestions for new series to watch?

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:49 am

I know you are open to anything, but what kinda style and stories are you normally into? What are things you just won't watch? And lastly what recent shows have you seen, and what is recent to you?
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:58 am

I don't have a preferred style or set genre, but I guess stories that move along at a steady pace are what I look out for. Nothing that stays in the same place for long, or don't go anywhere with the characters, those I find really dry. List some and I'm sure I'll find 3-4 that tick with me.

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:46 pm

The only anime I would suggest from this year/season what ever..would be Heroman...made by Legendary comic book writer Stan lee (of Marvel Comics fame!)...and animation studio BONES! (Eureka seven)

its a really good show, Stan wanted a simul-release in the US/JAP...but that ended up not happining...but It will most likely be on US TV in the next year or so...so be sure to catch it when it does finally hit the states...

as for other shows...Monster is a really good seires on TV right now...and as for DVD only stuff...Baccano, Black Lagoon, Claymore & Case Closed are all really Good shows IMPO!
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Kodomo no Jikan
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Elysion Zero wrote:Kodomo no Jikan

EZ.....your horrible you know....suggesting that to someone...knowing very well it would push my buttons!

but seriously NO ONE SHOULD EVER WATCH THAT SHOW (because it supports pedophila...and I'm not saying its a show filled with loli characters...its a show about an acutal little girl (3rd grade I belive) trying to pursue an acutal Romanitc relationship with her teacher...so yea...its f***** up...majorly!!!

In fact I belive it was even pulled from broadcast in Japan...and if the country that makes it realizes its that bad,....the brother...its bad!!!! :evil:
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

AthenaWyrm
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AthenaWyrm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Hokuto no Ken

Even though it's pretty old it's gaining popularity again.
February 28, 2010.

The day I learned how to draw like a pro; Get better.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:41 am

Durarara. Right now. Go.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

dodge
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby dodge » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:12 am

i dont watch much anime dont rly get alot of time, but theres i few i know and proably you've alrdy seen or heard of.

toradora
shakugan no shana(kinda slow with characters but meh hopefully it ends well)
code geass
Full metal alchemist brother hood
pandora hearts
Kurokami the animation(pretty good i think it ended well)

and i myself have yet to watch claymore so idk about that.

and im gonna start watching these two soon so you might like em

Senkō no Night Raid
Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru

Dodge
ROYAL ATTENDANT
i do crazy things, so you dont have to! :D
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE POST ABOVE ME**
Art : http://dodg-e.deviantart.com
Anime : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kyleremexe

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:05 am

Hmm I guess I'm gonna choose shows from the past few years or so as I don't know what you consider new.

Shakugan no Shana - I'm going to have to agree with dodge here. It currently has two seasons and a third is in progress. It's about a guy who finds out he is already dead and helps out this girl he calls Shana fight against the things that killed him and others. It's got some action as well as a love element in there. I'm actually currently writing a review for the first season in my blog.

Elfen Lied - Not really new new, but the DVD just came out here last year as it could not be shown on TV. It' is very bloody and there is a lot of nudity in it, so if that doesn't bother you then I suggest you pick it up. The story and themes are amazing. It discusses the human condition and how we treat eachother and the effects it has on us but does it in a supernatural kind of way.

Speed Grapher - ok I've only watched the first four eps of this anime so far and again this show is not for kids. It's about a photographer who takes photos of politians and famous people for the tabloids and works with tips from a cop. He stumbles onto this secret club for the rich to live out their fantasies which changes his whole life. Again supernatural elements are present.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Sort of like a slice of life anime with a supernatural twist. (Notice a pattern in the kind of animes I watch :lol: ) It follows a set of high school students with an outspoken girl who is sick of the mundane as she searches for the unusual however it is all around her and she just doesn't see it.

I guess that's a good start.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm

I've already seen two of those series you've listed and heard of the other two, but that's a good start, thanks everyone. I'm just trying to be more perceptive of series I may not have heard of, but all were nice choices.

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Kuroshitsuji (How can I put this...? Despite a few goofy aspects in character design, this series is truly awesome and worth watching... just make sure you use the Shinsen version of the subs)
Kara no Kyoukai (I know, I've already suggested it, but meh...)
Sora no Otoshimono (if you don't mind ecchi, its so hilarious it'll have you spewing onto the TV screen)
Tatakau Shisho: Book of Bantorra
Koukaku no Regios (just in case you haven't already seen it...)
Ookamikakushi (haha... I subbed this and still like it, so it is reasonably good, obviously)
Hanamaru Kindergarten (seriously, this thing is hilarious on so many levels)
Saiunkoku Monogatari (from a few years ago, but if you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth watching)

For this season...

Working- This anime had me rofling for hours
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou- It's ecchi, but its also funny, has a guy accidentally blowing things and people away while he just wants to be nice...
Uragari wa boku no namae wo shitteiru (look up under Uraboku)- Biseinen with borderline Yaoi tendencies, but the atmosphere kind of seems like X TV, so it is worth watching until they go too far down that path, I think.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:49 pm

I've heard about or seen a few of those, but decided I already had too much on my plate, so they will have to either get on my backlog or wait.

crucius
Vassal
Vassal

Postby crucius » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Now I'm watching heroman it's pretty cool, it's an anime with little bit of American comic

Ookami Kakushi it's fine too, you saw higurashi no kokoro ni? it's basically the same thing
forgive my bad english

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:25 pm

The difference being that there is no groundhog day effect. And Ookamikakushi is less brutal with more focus on the supernatural elements from the beginning.

Return to “General Anime Chat”