Spring 2015 general discussion

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Spring 2015 general discussion

Postby ZekeFreek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:53 pm

killer9i1994 wrote:At least Euphonium isn't anywhere near as boring as Hyouka.

You have made an enemy here tonight.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:03 am

killer9i1994 wrote:At least Euphonium isn't anywhere near as boring as Hyouka.

You're my hero man. :)

Don't give in to terrorism!
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:41 am

Gotta admit, I liked how Owari no Seraph handled the in-story reveal of Yu/Mika.
Spoiler:
In most other stories, it would usually be something like "Mika hears Yu's voice and stops just in time, then they spend half an episode yelling/crying at each other and trying not to fight." I liked that they kind of skipped some of that and went through with the attacks, then did the reveal after the fact. Unfortunately, there's still the chance they'll yell at each other for the first half of next episode :/ plus I bet Mika won't die but Guren will.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:45 pm

killer9i1994 wrote:Euphonium episode 9 -

Still the best thing on every week. I felt nervous along with Kumiko during her auditions. Also, I think the way Kumiko says "Reina" is so soft and sweet. Always happy to see more interaction between them.
Spoiler:
Still trying to figure out if Kumiko really does have feelings for Shuichi. It definitely seems possible, but the way she acts around him normally doesn't make it seem so. Right now its looking more like its a case of she's questioning her feelings just because Hazuki told her she thinks Kumiko has feelings for Shuichi.

As I mentioned in Skype, this episode really hit come to me the anxiety and dread that predates auditions, especially ones that I remember in my choral program back in high school. From a personal experience, this episode nails the atmosphere and tension whenever this time period comes up in such programs and for some people the nervousness breaks them.

It reminds me of a story that for All-State auditions junior year had me walking around with gum on my ass since I sat in some choad's left-over gum on a local high-school campus and was quite frustrated the whole-day, because you know, high-schoolers and their need to laugh at the misfortune of others... well people in general sadly. When the audition came up, I was fortunate to have my audition coordinator be someone I knew and when the incident flustered me to the point it was impacting my performance, he did his best to comfort me and calm me down to make sure I performed at peak-performance.

Such bittersweet memories. For the nay-sayers who insist the show is fraudulent in execution, I hope you all were participants in a program akin to a performing arts before you judge. While Euphonium doesn't consistently nail the authenticity of the situations that manifest in those programs, there are certainly other instances where they are wholeheartedly legitimate. Euphonium is definitely a program that can be more appreciated by anyone who's been in that culture for sure.

While I can't judge it just yet since it still has a little ways to go, for me it's the best Kyoto Animation piece since Chuuni S1.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Amagi was the best since Chuuni S1 for me.

But they needed more than Amagi to instill confidence in me again after the disasters that were Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuuni S2.

Euphonium is doing a good job so far.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm

I CANT TAKE THESE OPINIONS, THEY ARE SO WRONG
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:02 pm

PSH, EVERYONE KNOWS KYOANI'S BEST WORK WAS KOKORO CONNECT... owait
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Seraph episode 10 -

Maaaaaaan, I was not expecting that to happen.
Spoiler:
Of course I was expecting Yu and Mika to reunite this episode, but not like that! Damn. My heart was racing while Yu was running up to save Guren from Mika, and especially Yu stabbing Mika. That's crazy. What a way to reunite, and considering that Yu thought Mika was dead. I'm sure this won't end up killing Mika, but still. The preview for next week looks crazy too with Yu going full demon takeover mode.

On another note, its been really nice seeing Yu's character progression. He's come a long way from the idiotic, arrogant, kid he was. I mean, he still is stupid and arrogant, but he's not as blatant about it anymore. I also really like how much he's beginning to care for his squad.

Lastly, there were far too many action lines this episode and not enough actual action. Come on Wit, you can do better.

I'm really liking this show much more than I ever expected. First time this season, out of all the shows airing, that I actually can't wait till the next episode. Next Saturday needs to hurry up.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:17 pm

neonie wrote:PSH, EVERYONE KNOWS KYOANI'S BEST WORK WAS KOKORO CONNECT... owait

I DONT GET THE JOKE

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Daverost wrote:Amagi was the best since Chuuni S1 for me.

But they needed more than Amagi to instill confidence in me again after the disasters that were Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuuni S2.

Euphonium is doing a good job so far.

Amagi is a close second simply from guilty pleasure. While I can never concede it was a great show, I can admit and appreciate it was raw bliss as entertainment is concerned. Though, my always waver on my stance on KyotoAnimation when I look at shows post finishing because I am aware I have a generally positive bias towards them. In years past I've only rage-quit three shows from them while managing to ride out everything else, the three being KnK, Nichijou, and Tamako Market. I'm personally surprised I sat through the abomination that was Chuuni S2.

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:25 am

Euphonium episode 10 -

Some developments I wasn't overly fond of this episode, but still a fantastic episode nonetheless.

Also, man, all you people talking about how Kyoukai no Kanata sucked. I love that show. I also enjoyed Tamako Market.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 am

killer9i1994 wrote:Euphonium episode 10 -

Some developments I wasn't overly fond of this episode, but still a fantastic episode nonetheless.

Also, man, all you people talking about how Kyoukai no Kanata sucked. I love that show. I also enjoyed Tamako Market.

I really liked Kyoukai no Kanata as well! And Tamako Market was nice! The movie...notsomuch

The developments were enough to get me to drop the show once more.

On the other hand, Mikagura has been fantastic~

Spoiler:
Rooting for Otone!

Hello! Kiniro Mosaic is easily my anime of the season though. That show is just perfection (≧∇≦)キャー♪
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 am

vampko wrote:
killer9i1994 wrote:Euphonium episode 10 -

I really liked Kyoukai no Kanata as well! And Tamako Market was nice! The movie...notsomuch

The developments were enough to get me to drop the show once more.

On the other hand, Mikagura has been fantastic~

Spoiler:
Rooting for Otone!

Hello! Kiniro Mosaic is easily my anime of the season though. That show is just perfection (≧∇≦)キャー♪

I admit I wasn't personally fond of some of the revelations in Euphonium this week, and the show put me in a pretty awkward perspective but I would hardly call the episode terrible or even average. It was simply from left-field, though I suppose the foreshadowing for the developments are in fact there reflecting on it.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Seraph 10-

That ending was awesome.

But man, was there a lot of meeeh leading up to it. The stills really killed the hype for the battle as well. Ugh.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Seraph 11-

Holy shit.

Just...wow. I didn't think the cliffhanger would pay off, but it did in spades.

Return to “General Anime Chat”