Funimation Announcement from Anime Expo

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Funimation Announcement from Anime Expo

Postby Snatcher2047 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:29 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... moyashimon

The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced at its Anime Expo panel on Friday that it licensed the live-action Moyashimon television series and the Shiki, Black Butler 2, Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~, The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, and Sengoku Basara Two anime series for simulcast as they air in Japan starting this month. Funimation also announced the 2011 licenses of Darker than BLACK Season 2,Shakugan no Shana (season 2, movie, OVA) , Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail, Hellsing Ultimate volumes 5-7, and the Trigun: Badlands Rumble film. Funimation hosted Trigun producer Shigeru Kitayama at its panel.

Funimation announced that it licensed the Geneon anime titles Texhnolyze, Ai Yori Aoshi, Armitage III, Haibane Renmei, Hellsing (television series), Serial Experiments Lain, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi Universe, the Tenchi Muyo! OVAs, and the Tenchi Muyo! movies.

Update: Funimation has told ANN that it plans to release Trigun: Badlands Rumble in theaters.

Update 2:Funimation also reaffirmed that it does not have the Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance film.
--------------------------------

*insert girly squeal here for the enlarged and bold*

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Funimation Announcement from Anime Expo

Postby Daverost » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:14 am

What, no emphasis on Index and Railgun? I thought those were the two biggest titles in the list. (Well, Hellsing Ultimate, too, I guess, since everyone seems to have wanted that one.) And my understanding is that Shana season 2 is bad.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:35 am

I'm not too familiar with those two, I was just thrilled with the ones I'm familiar with and thought would never make it over here.

I've watched about 6 episodes of Shana II and I actually like it so far, I've just had so much more domestic release DVDs to watch in front of that. Plus, I rarely watch fansubs, unless I know for a fact the show/movie will never see the light of day over here.

Now we just need Familiar Of Zero 2&3 (even though they are nowhere near as good as the first season) and Nanoha Strikers and I'll be set. 8-)

Louis6507
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Louis6507 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:35 am

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen Serial Experiments Lain. I didn't even know it was also made into a movie.

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 am

Louis6507 wrote:I didn't even know it was also made into a movie.

It was? That's the first I heard of it. I believe Funimation is merely "rescuing" the original TV series released by Pioneer (Geneon) way back when.

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:10 am

wow guys thats good news because i have always wanted to see the 2 season of shana and darker than black as well ..WOOT! :D :o :shock:

Louis6507
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Louis6507 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Snatcher2047 wrote:
Louis6507 wrote:I didn't even know it was also made into a movie.

It was? That's the first I heard of it. I believe Funimation is merely "rescuing" the original TV series released by Pioneer (Geneon) way back when.

That's funny. I still have a box set with great packaging I picked up at a con (Megacon) years ago. I even had (and maybe still have) a few wall scrolls and shades from it. For whatever weird little reason it was popular amongst the group of us high school kids. lol

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Index is a good series... Railgun significantly less so. Shakugan no Shana II has some problems, primarily in that it spends far too much time on the slice of life aspects and it takes forever getting to the point. However, it does have one of the best fights in anime... Sabrac.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Yay for Shakugan No Shana! Can't wait for that. Been wanting to see darker than black and it's nice to know that if I end up liking it that season two will be just around the corner :)
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 am

Funi Got Black lagoon Season 3, the rest of Hellsing, The Trigun Move and Saved Tenchi, lain Hellsing TV...I am happy with em...now I'm just waiting for em to save Sailor moon & Get more Case Closed movies/seasons...then I will be in Nirvana. LOL!

I am glad they are saving old shows...really gives me somthing to look foward to (when it comes to Anime DVDs that is.)
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:11 am

If Funimation ever did get Sailor Moon (highly unlikely in my opinion), it would be one of the greatest moments in anime licensing in my opinion. It deserves a real dub in my opinion and I think Funimation would be one of the best choices to provide one. I think Caitlin Glass would be great for Minako / Sailor Venus.

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “General Anime Chat”