g4 (america) to broadcast anime again!

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

g4 (america) to broadcast anime again!

Postby perrandy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:53 pm

didnt know that they used to broadcast anime way back in the day. in any case, it seems that they are going to start broadcasting a few anime shows starting next year...

the shows are: 1) wolverine
2) ironman
3) blade
4)x-men
as you can see all of these titles are originally from american comics.anyways, its always good that networks are willing to gamble on anime at this stage of the game.now the only question that remains is at what hour they will air such titles? :D :?:

here's the link btw: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ted-states ;)

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: g4 (america) to broadcast anime again!

Postby shymel94 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Finally G4 will have other stuff on than Cops and Cheaters most of the time.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:59 am

I'm PO'd marvel picked G4 Over somthing like Scyfy or Spike (because 1 I don't get the network anymore, and 2, it has gone WAAAY downhill from what I have heard over the past 2-3 years.)

but yea, I guess I'll just wait for the DVD release. Glad the marvel animes are fianlly making their way stateside though.
Last edited by soundmonkey44 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

Louis6507
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Louis6507 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Yes...G4 has gone downhill, and with news like this, it doesn't surprise me.

'Pardon my french' but, that's some vanilla ass programing....I mean, really? Marvel? Nothing against these legacy titles but damn...do they really expect these to do that well in the US, on G4? To double check my point, I just typed in "Ironman" into the search function of my digital cable provider's title menu, and even though it only lists shows 6 days ahead (+ today)...It shows 14 shows upcoming. Two different animated versions, and the rest are the movies.

We live in a society that loses interest pretty fast, I think the average American/anime fan probably feels similar (at least to some degree) to me. I probably won't even attempt watching any of these except Blade, as I have Wolverine, Ironman, AND ESPECIALLY X-Men...coming out of my bottom. In my years growing up, I think I've seen enough X-men variations on TV to NEVER want to watch it again...not even in an anime style......

And, as perrandy pondered...are really going to try putting them on at late night against shows like South Park or Adult Swim? Or, will these just be so toned down that they'll air within the FCC "Safe Harbor" time blocks?

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “General Anime Chat”