This thread is for people who want to:
1) Discuss anime/game figures in general
2) Talk about upcoming figures
3) Share their collections
4) Talk about figures they’d like to see
5) Obtain super powers without rolling in toxic waste (potentially harmful [see Adam West] )Good (English) sources:http://www.figure.fmhttp://www.myfigurecollection.nethttp://www.goodsmile.info/top/en/http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/Good (Japanese) sources:http://akibahobby.netGood places to order from:http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=englishhttp://www.playasia.comhttp://www.hlj.com/Best place to buy from:
A trusted local
store who provides a fair price (do your research!), has a fair return/exchange policy and preferably speaks the same language as you. (Remember that they have to pay shipping too. So calculate that on your own online before you compare prices to a local dealer)Other things to keep in mind when buying:If it's a popular figure - it will sell out.
1) Articulant, less expensive, plastic figures are often reproduced multiple times. No need to worry about these disappearing usually (Like Figma or Nendoroids).
---> Though sometimes it does happen. Figma Hatsune Miku for example sold for $30US at release, now goes for $100 on ebay.
2) PVC figures on the other hand are hand-painted and assembled in various areas and in many cases only receive a very limited number of reproductions if any. These are the figures that go up in value due to rarity. The figures you will regret not pre-ordering because it is now impossible to find for a reasonable price.
---> In some cases however, a figure that has gone up in price 300% is in such HIGH DEMAND that the company reproduces a second run. That is awesome for those who didn't get their hands on it in the past as it will sell for the original price. This isn't so good for people whose 300%+ value figure has dropped back down to release price (this happened for Goodsmile Black Rock Shooter Original version)[If I forgot anything, or anyone has some good ideas - please let me know]