Spring 2012

Forum for talking about general anime topics.

Spring 2012

Postby vampko » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 am

Last edited by vampko on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Spring 2012

Postby Obake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

Looks more interesting to me than Winter at least. I'll watch the continuation of Fate/Zero and Zombie for sure. Medaka Box and Accel World mangas started decent enough, but lost my interest. I may or may not watch those. Then Sankarea and Zetman sound like they could be good, particularly Sankarea.

I'm sure something else will pop up I will be interested in as well.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby myskaros » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

How did you lose interest in Accel World? The manga has barely started, haha. Unless you mean the light novels, in which case I can't comment. Accel World and Fate/Zero are probably my top choices for spring, Medaka Box following close behind. Medaka Box should probably end after at most 24 episodes, or it'll just get too far from the original concept and tank, unfortunately.

I feel like there isn't enough content to do Sankarea comprehensively, so it'll probably end up with either a giant cliffhanger or an anime-only ending. I'll still watch it, but I won't be expecting too much.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 am

So far winter looks more interesting.

But, this is only a very short list. There'll be lots more added by its finalization.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Obake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am

myskaros wrote:How did you lose interest in Accel World? The manga has barely started, haha. Unless you mean the light novels, in which case I can't comment. Accel World and Fate/Zero are probably my top choices for spring, Medaka Box following close behind. Medaka Box should probably end after at most 24 episodes, or it'll just get too far from the original concept and tank, unfortunately.

I don't remember why I lost interest in Accel World. If its that recent, its possible I just read all that was out at the time, then forgot about it due to it not striking me as awesome.

Medaka Box could probably go 24 eps, but I'd be happier with only 12. Once the manga started
Spoiler:
the big plot arch with more superhumans (disciplinary committee I believe?) and all the fighting I got bored.

I actually liked the one-shot considerably more than the series that followed, as far as Medaka Box is concerned.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby myskaros » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:10 am

Obake wrote:I don't remember why I lost interest in Accel World. If its that recent, its possible I just read all that was out at the time, then forgot about it due to it not striking me as awesome.

It's not so much that it's recent and more that it's being released bimonthly, so there are only 8 chapters out right now.

Obake wrote:Medaka Box could probably go 24 eps, but I'd be happier with only 12. Once the manga started
Spoiler:
the big plot arch with more superhumans (disciplinary committee I believe?) and all the fighting I got bored.

I could be on board with that, except that:
Spoiler:
the flask plan arc goes more into why Medaka has super powers, so it would make more sense to at least go that far instead of ending the series early and leaving a ton of background story hanging.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 am

Oh some of those looks fun I'm interested in the all girl band and Mahjong one so far :p
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:30 am

Will get to Fate/Zero at some point. Not interested in the others just by looking at an image. They might be great though and get a fan base. That's usually when I take notice of weird series.
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 am

Since images lie. For example putting so it looks like we have a cute heroine but the MC is really a moron loser guy that can't get a job. :?
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am

Prinapocalypse wrote:Will get to Fate/Zero at some point. Not interested in the others just by looking at an image. They might be great though and get a fan base. That's usually when I take notice of weird series.

There are plot synopses in proximity to the pretty pictures, you know >_>
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 am

myskaros wrote:
Prinapocalypse wrote:Will get to Fate/Zero at some point. Not interested in the others just by looking at an image. They might be great though and get a fan base. That's usually when I take notice of weird series.

There are plot synopses in proximity to the pretty pictures, you know >_>

I wish they'd tell me whether the shows a waste of time or not. Sadly I can't get much other than an iffy impression of the first couple episodes from a plot synopses. It could turn out to be an epic show or one that can't hold my attention. That's why I don't usually bother with brand new shows until anime fans have spoken on the matter.
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I wouldn't go for the plot synopsis 100% of the time, either. For example, YuruYuri had an extremely generic description in the Summer 2011 chart, but the actual show is funny as hell (IMO).
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 pm

myskaros wrote:How did you lose interest in Accel World? The manga has barely started, haha. Unless you mean the light novels, in which case I can't comment. Accel World and Fate/Zero are probably my top choices for spring, Medaka Box following close behind. Medaka Box should probably end after at most 24 episodes, or it'll just get too far from the original concept and tank, unfortunately.

I feel like there isn't enough content to do Sankarea comprehensively, so it'll probably end up with either a giant cliffhanger or an anime-only ending. I'll still watch it, but I won't be expecting too much.

It ALREADY left the original concept by becoming a battle manga.

Spoiler:
And now might have just done it AGAIN by becoming a romantic comedy... XD Or something.

Zombie Desu Ka Season Two, though? OH YES. MY MONEY... TAKE IT.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Can I assume the AKB0048 anime is being made to ride the Idolm@ster anime wave?
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Shikan Raider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:03 pm

vampko wrote:
ZOMBIE DESU KA SEQUEL!!!!

You didn't know there was one?
Shikan Raider