Anime: Hidden Jewels

Forum for talking about general anime topics.
bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Anime: Hidden Jewels

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 am

odinfan wrote:Nothing is underrated.... that's just a perception people have. This may seem true on one side, but there's probably a larger fanbase for said show than you may think.

so again I got lost on the title of this thread.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 am

I've heard and seen most of those, so they aren't "hidden", understand now!? :lol:

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:15 am

odinfan wrote:I've heard and seen most of those, so they aren't "hidden", understand now!? :lol:

Well that's just what I was thinking. That in this kind of community people are bound to at least heard of these. Hence why I didn't know what to even post. I know what you are saying and got it pretty much right off. Do you get what I'm saying? Basically it's just the title confused me and doesn't seem to fit. Not that we don't have crazy titles that don't fit here all the time. I'll just take this thread as if you have a good anime that you like and want to share it then do it here.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

feza
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby feza » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 am

hmmm... then i would like to say

bus gamer - about these 3 guys who agree to join a game were you need to steal a dice from another team with all means nessesary
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bus-gamer

Detroit metal city - well... i wanted to make pop music but the kind of band i ended up in was a really hardcore demonic metal band called Detroit Metal City "DMC"
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/detroit-metal-city

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - about this guy who have an angle sent to him from the future, but she keeps killing and reviveing him
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bokus ... okuro-chan

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 am

odinfan mentioned R.O.D. and I couldn't agree more. Both the OVA and ESPECIALLY the TV series are among my highest recommendations of anime. The TV series is actually a sequel to the OVA (that's something that doesn't happen often in anime) and they compliment each other very well. Great story, wonderful characters, awesome music and on top of that both have a great English dub. Can't recommend either enough.

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby noexcusepunk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:13 am

odinfan wrote:R.O.D
Armitage
Munto TV
Uta-Kata
RG Veda
Escaflowne
NieA Under 7
Crest of the Stars
Ichigo 100%
Magic Knight Rayearth
Silent Mobius

I hand-picked these from the list of series that I've seen throughout the years.

Great start!

IFrom me I'd add in:
Ghost in the Shell (Movies and Series)

Slayers (all series)
Vandread
Record of Lodoss War (OVA and TV Series)
Now and then, Here and there (AMAZING OVA)
Monster

There are many many more, but I'll hold off for now. Post would be EPICLY long.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

Raugion
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Raugion » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

These are the ones I really enjoyed and I don't think are to well known.

DearS
Happy Lesson
Seto no Hanayome
Chaos;Head
I'm not sure whether to be impressed with your tenacity, or amazed by your stupididy at this point. . .

Clephas
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Clephas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am

roflmao... DBZ as a hidden jewel. That's like saying Pokemon, Bleach, or Naruto are hidden jewels.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am

I didn't say those were hidden jewels. I said I know those are overly popular.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

sanzo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby sanzo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm

I saw a boxset for Welcome to the NHK that I really want to get. I haven't see it, but it looks like something I would enjoy. As for a hidden jewel among anime, I really like Cromartie High School. It has an ugly, older shounen look to it, but I love the comedy. It's an anime I can watch over and over.

Is Bludging Angel Dokuro-chan hard to find? I love how it has that moe style, but then Dokuro-chan is extremely bloody and violent and kills the male character every episode.
SLAVES: Gojyo, Mel, Dodge, probably Zatty.

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

sanzo wrote:Is Bludging Angel Dokuro-chan hard to find? I love how it has that moe style, but then Dokuro-chan is extremely bloody and violent and kills the male character every episode.

I loved the Dokuro-chan series. It's just so over-the-top ridiculous you can't help but love it. Not to mention, it has one of the most addictive openings ever.

shadowflux1
Majin
Majin

Postby shadowflux1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Gunsmith Cats OVA Rally Vincent knows her weapons well, while her partner Minne May Hopkins loves to play with explosives. The pair run a gun-shop illegally and one day Bill Collins of the ATF, blackmails Rally and Minnie May into working for the ATF. Little do they know, that they are getting involved in a mission larger than they could imagine.

Grenadier Rushuna is a blonde and very beautiful Senshi (gun expert) that travels through the world with one purpose. This is to make the world a peaceful place by instead of fighting with weapons, taking away the people´s will to fight by giving them a smile. Although she doesn´t want to fight, she is forced too and shows amazing gun skills. In this journey she meets Yajiro, a Mercenary that uses a sword to fight and joins her on her journey.

Hellsing Ultimate Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, a secret organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear how he feels about being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is a valued member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Magipoka (Magical Pokan)Four Netherworld Princesses have come to the human world; witch Uma, vampiress Pachira, werewolf Liru, and android Aiko. But they know nothing about human life and their mistakes make up their daily adventures. Meanwhile, the evil Dr. K-ko wants proof of the supernatural to gain admittance into the scientific elite and what better than one, or all, of the princesses -- if her plans didn’t have a tendency to go awry.

Princess Resurrection Since Hiro Hiyorimi's parents died, he and his sister Sawawa have lived apart. Now, Sawawa has gotten a new job as the caretaker of a creepy old mansion, and has sent Hiro a letter asking him to come and stay there with her. Finding the mansion boarded up and apparently empty, Hiro wanders around town looking for Sawawa. Instead, he runs into the new resident of the mansion, and ends up pushing her out of the way of some falling steel beams. Unfortunately, he loses his own life in the process. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, the person he thought he saved turns out to be a princess of the monster kingdom, and she grants him a second life...but only for as long as he will be her servant
Lovebar made by Rarutos

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:01 pm

shadowflux1 wrote:
Hellsing Ultimate Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, a secret organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear how he feels about being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is a valued member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

I have seen the original of this, but not Ultimate. Has anyone seen them both to give a comparison? I've heard that Ultimate isn't as good, they got rid of some story parts to show more action. That less of Seras for more Alacard.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Elysion Zero
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Elysion Zero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Getter Robo: Armageddon

Even the dub is awesome.
Lowering the price of the PS3 to $150 is like mass producing the Big Zam. It's the greatest idea that will never come to pass. OH SHI-!

noexcusepunk
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby noexcusepunk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

bloodyaftertaste wrote:
shadowflux1 wrote:

I have seen the original of this, but not Ultimate. Has anyone seen them both to give a comparison? I've heard that Ultimate isn't as good, they got rid of some story parts to show more action. That less of Seras for more Alacard.

You got it! And not only that, the timing that was very well done in terms of when things heated up for action and cooled down for story is all over the place now, just leaving you confused if you've seen the original and just eventually either turning it off in disgust or mind numbingly watching it thinking "oooo, look at all the pretty colors."
It IS very pretty, but the story has become so convoluted its' essentially one giant fight scene like X the OVA.
"<Kana> can't you see how manly it is to hug kids to your crotch!?"

Return to “General Anime Chat”