Should I buy Trinity Universe??

Official Trinity Universe Discussion Forum
Crash15
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Should I buy Trinity Universe??

Postby Crash15 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

I have been eying on this game for a long time and now that it looks affordable. Do you think I should get it I love the Disgaea characters on that game not to mention Flonne. Since this game is not your everyday tactical grid RPG and instead is a normal one it is worth it.?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Should I buy Trinity Universe??

Postby Shizuka » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 pm

It's a turn-based RPG. The gameplay is dull and the story certainly isn't interesting, but the humor is where this game really shines. You'll have fun, but it may not satisfy you.

Crash15
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Crash15 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

I like turn based games Final Fantasy VII was the first game that I played that has that. Hmm.. That's the people that criticizes but, me I would maybe buy it cause I could care less as long as It has characters that I love that's a good thing but, the only thing that would stop me if the game was broken. So is it broken.??

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

It's a slight mix of fighting game elements in the combat, with the needing to remember button combinations for special attacks, as the aim is to get as many of them fired off in a single character's turn, so you can lead it onto the next one to chain together everything.
Although getting two separate, but intertwined, plots in one game is a nice touch.

I'm certainly enjoying it apart from the part where I've made something incredibly difficult for myself by accident, but nevermind.

It's also not really "broken", other the rare occurrence where the game will freeze up, but it's happened to me but once.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Crash15
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Crash15 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 pm

I'll buy it but, after I totori. :)

Kilvoctu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kilvoctu » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Shizuka wrote:The gameplay is dull and the story certainly isn't interesting, but the humor is where this game really shines. You'll have fun, but it may not satisfy you.

That's odd. I enjoyed the hell out of that game. I had an extra $40 back in the day; it was either Trinity Universe, Blazblue: CS or Valkyria Chronicles 2. I don't regret the decision.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:30 am

Kilvoctu wrote:
Shizuka wrote:The gameplay is dull and the story certainly isn't interesting, but the humor is where this game really shines. You'll have fun, but it may not satisfy you.

That's odd. I enjoyed the hell out of that game. I had an extra $40 back in the day; it was either Trinity Universe, Blazblue: CS or Valkyria Chronicles 2. I don't regret the decision.

I agree ~

I enjoyed the gameplay and the story, the humor was just the super deluxe frosting on the cake =^-^=
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 am

I greatly enjoyed the battles in this game, the dungeons got tedious after a while. Two good interwoven, yet separate and complete, plots was a big plus for me too. And of course the humor was top-notch imo.

As far as broken, I'd just have to say the freezing - happened to me way more than once, more like once an hour. Very irritating

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 am

I get no freezing here. I used to but with my new PS3 and firmwares, it looks like I'm not getting any freezing at all.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:05 am

My 60GB PS3 would freeze-up everytime I played Trinity Universe. That PS3 got a 2nd YLOD, so got a 320GB PS3 Slim, and haven't got a freeze-up since.

While the dungeons do get kind of old after awhile of seeing the same things over and over whenever that dungeon appears in orbit, other than that it's a pretty enjoyable game.

raspberrylicious
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby raspberrylicious » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:50 pm

If you plan to plat, it gets very boring very fast with the repetitive dungeon designs.
The gameplay is..okay. Certainly not great, but more action-y than (you seem to be somewhat of an SRPG fan) what I've seen from most SRPGs. The cutscenes are amazing, silly, and wonderful. That alone makes it worth the $40-50.
Anime List | Visual Novel List | 3DS FC: 3781-0258-9209 | Miiverse: raspbear

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:41 am

I have a question. Since this game is the predecessor to the first Neptunia, how much different is TU's gameplay compared to MK1's?

I am fully aware of the game favoring humor over epiphany inducing stories. Most games published or produced by NIS have this factor, which is why I am loyal to this company..but I've already said this many times.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

OverlordG wrote:I have a question. Since this game is the predecessor to the first Neptunia, how much different is TU's gameplay compared to MK1's?

I am fully aware of the game favoring humor over epiphany inducing stories. Most games published or produced by NIS have this factor, which is why I am loyal to this company..but I've already said this many times.

First, warning you now, do not call the first Neptunia game Mk1, people get touchy about it being woefully incorrect.

Anyway, Trinity Universe plays a heck of a lot better than Hyperdimension Neptunia, but not a lot of things would be worse...
It does not play the same at all though, it is its own system.

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
OverlordG wrote:I have a question. Since this game is the predecessor to the first Neptunia, how much different is TU's gameplay compared to MK1's?

First, warning you now, do not call the first Neptunia game Mk1, people get touchy about it being woefully incorrect.

Anyway, Trinity Universe plays a heck of a lot better than Hyperdimension Neptunia, but not a lot of things would be worse...
It does not play the same at all though, it is its own system.

I am a Neptunia fan myself but not to a fanboy degree. Thanks for the warning, though.

Okay, I will keep that in mind. I read on RPGfan.com that the gameplay for both games are similar. I guess they aren't after all.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 pm

OverlordG wrote:Okay, I will keep that in mind. I read on RPGfan.com that the gameplay for both games are similar. I guess they aren't after all.

The dungeon-crawling is somewhat similar, if only because they use the same basic layouts for them, but otherwise the combat mechanics are quite a bit different, although they are still about stringing attacks together.

Return to “Trinity Universe”