anything i should know before i start?

Official Trinity Universe Discussion Forum
Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

anything i should know before i start?

Postby Unvivid » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 am

i recently bought this game at a store, and i was just wondering if there were any tips you guys could give, such as avoiding certain enemies at certain levels or an event when i shouldnt waste my items because im supposed to die or something like that? is there any here?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: anything i should know before i start?

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:52 am

Other than making you work out the best way to string combos together, and that if you're looking for certain items to make stuff with the dungeon lists and the items themselves have slightly different names, (e.g. Sci-Fi Crystal is actually a Science Crystal), not a lot else I can think of.
There's a horribly obtuse true ending, but I'd worry about completing the game normally first. 8-)
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:34 pm

The game has some optional characters, two of which are missable.

Miyu - In Chapter 2, pay her 30k all at once for a single Managraphic (Miyu should give a very happy reply, like, "Really, this much?! Thank you!") then leave. Rest (or visit a dungeon) for a day or two and a series of Miyu events should pop up on the menu. Watch them and eventually Miyu will join your team.

The events are: Cooking with Mana > Budgetary Blues > I'll Go With You

Note: The events are actually triggered by paying her 10k for a Managraphic. But that will only trigger one event at a time (you have to pay her another 10k to trigger the next). So it's easier to just pay her 30k so that all three events will be immediately followed by the other.

Miyu is one of the best mages in the game and she's strangely durable despite her size and archetype. Even her physical attack power gets good later in the game/with better weapons, but of course her magic is better. Just make sure you aren't facing enemies that are immune to ice.

Recit (MISSABLE!) - At the beginning of Chapter 3 you should see a scene between Recit and Macaroon. After that, go to Yomi Castle L3 and make your way to the dungeon boss. After defeating the dungeon boss, go back to the save point and save your game, then make your way to the room the boss was guarding. A scene will follow and you'll fight another boss.

Once you've done this, get to Chapter 4 and see the following events (one of them ends in a boss battle): Peculiar Incident > Register Vendetta > Keep the Receipt > Treasure Hunter

Recit is the strongest physical attacker in the game and has the highest HP. Unfortunately his magic defense AND magic attack are practically non-existent. Pretty odd that they gave him an elemental magic attack; should have given Earth to one of the other melee fighters that didn't have an element.

Mizuki (MISSABLE!) - Witness all the Chapter 4 events before clearing it (just to be on the safe side). Then in Chapter 5, watch these scenes: > Convenient Setup > Mizuki's "mizugi"

Mizuki is an all-rounder; both her attack and magic are pretty decent. I believe she has the highest agility, too. Her element is wind. Also, she's one of my favorite characters in the game.

All three optional characters are required to trigger the True End events in Chapter 11, but you won't see the events at all until the second playthrough.

thrembo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby thrembo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:49 am

There are some good online walkthroughs, if you want to get everything and/or platinum it.

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 am

alright, thanks everyone, and thanks for the optional characters list and guide, i think i know enough to start without hesitation....just as soon as i get back from this overseas holiday.... which half of it was wasted simply because i got sick straight away as soon as i arrived XD
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I suggest to play through Kanata's story first then Rizielia's. But yes make sure to get all characters and also if you want the true end do these things on your SECOND playthrough

Drift 15 Dungeons
Obtain Mizuki, Recit, and Miyu
After Merging (You'll know what I mean when you play)
Watch the Abandoned Hamlet event
Watch the Destroyed City (Or something like that) event

A certain character should join your team at the end and this means you are on the True End Route.
ImageImageImage

Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Unvivid » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

k, thanks for info, this helps alot :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:51 am

So I have to beat the game twice? I assume I'd have to pick which character I want to go for the True Ending with the Valkyrie.
Last edited by OverlordG on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog: http://yurination.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @YuriAmbassador

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:06 pm

You cannot get the true ending until you have beaten one of the paths, and each path has slightly different endings anyway.
Once you beat one path, you can New Game+ into either path and are able to get the true ending, which of course is stupidly convoluted but hey, whatever.

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Ringwraith wrote:You cannot get the true ending until you have beaten one of the paths, and each path has slightly different endings anyway.
Once you beat one path, you can New Game+ into either path and are able to get the true ending, which of course is stupidly convoluted but hey, whatever.

I noticed my error in the previous post. What I meant was beating the game with Dog god first and then going for the True Ending with Valkyrie. Thanks again for the explanation dood.

BlinkWinkel
Majin
Majin

Postby BlinkWinkel » Sun May 05, 2013 9:53 pm

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Last edited by BlinkWinkel on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

OverlordG
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby OverlordG » Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 am

BlinkWinkel wrote:
OverlordG wrote:I noticed my error in the previous post. What I meant was beating the game with Dog god first and then going for the True Ending with Valkyrie. Thanks again for the explanation dood.

It doesn't really matter who you choose first though. I chose Rizelea on my first playthrough, then Kanata on my second to get true end. Still got platinum without any problems.

Ladies first, eh? Wise choice. I only mentioned playing Valkyrie second because I would rather experience the full game as her rather than Mr Dog god.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 am

OverlordG wrote:
BlinkWinkel wrote:
OverlordG wrote:I noticed my error in the previous post. What I meant was beating the game with Dog god first and then going for the True Ending with Valkyrie. Thanks again for the explanation dood.

It doesn't really matter who you choose first though. I chose Rizelea on my first playthrough, then Kanata on my second to get true end. Still got platinum without any problems.

Ladies first, eh? Wise choice. I only mentioned playing Valkyrie second because I would rather experience the full game as her rather than Mr Dog god.

It does not make that much of a difference, as they converge somewhat on the true ending.

Return to “Trinity Universe”