[x2] Little bug that got missed.

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Haledire
New Vassal
New Vassal

[x2] Little bug that got missed.

Postby Haledire » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:22 am

Anyone planning on walking around as a Ranger spamming arrows should probably know this beforehand:

If you guard while charging the bow, you'll stop charging but the sound won't stop. Sensible right? But the sound won't stop. Never... You can even stack the sounds over top of itself...

Leave the dungeon you were in? Sound keeps going.
Change screens to something else like Character creation or music creation? Sound keeps going.

Just a heads up for bowmen of Cladun x2
You have to exit the game to kill the sound (probably obvious, maybe there's another way to cut it off without going that far, but I didn't catch one yet).

Kilvoctu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: [x2] Little bug that got missed.

Postby Kilvoctu » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Tested and I can vouch that you are right for the most part.

In my experiment: The charging sound will stop after following your steps by leaving the dungeon or even making a shot with the bow. The only time where it'll persist forever is when I stack charging sounds. What I noticed when I tested this is that, when exiting or shooting, the game will only stop one instance of the charging sound and the other(s) will be stuck.

Oddly enough, I've never come across this even though I primarily play Ranger.
Well... then again, I almost never use charge. I just have a bow with 1 startup frame and do the guard cancelling trick (attack, then immediately guard to cancel your attack's recovery frames). I mean, why take the time to charge when you can rapidfire ~5 arrows around the same length of time? ;)

everydayodyssey
Peon
Peon

Re: [x2] Little bug that got missed.

Postby everydayodyssey » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 am

Pretty wild - I haven't found the Ranger to be too useful yet, but I'm only about 15 hours in (with a lot of time spent editing).

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”