[x2] Edit Thread!

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Re: [x2] Edit Thread!

Postby mjcampagna » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Have dealt with wikis previously, but this one is a pain in the ass. How are folks adding to the page? Editing source? I can't seem to make sense of it any other way, and yet the source is anything but user-friendly ...

mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby mjcampagna » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Also, who is this wonderful Zahlzeit fellow converting edits from the Japanese, and is there any chance he will take on the task of converting some of the NIS Japanese website releases, namely those from Ys, Disgaea 4, etc.?

Teffy
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Teffy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 pm

I personally have just been editing source, but then I've got some computer programming and web design under my belt so it's not too confusing for me to read it. I'll add exact details to the "Character Packs" page to help new users out, eventually moving it to the front page along with a guide for weapon/armor/shield edits.

Within the next day or two I'll standardize the layout across all pages, that's on my list for tomorrow.

Also someone updated Vulcanus, Fuuka, and the Falcom/Phantom Breaker bar data for the USA but the text is still Japanese, within the next day or two they'll be added to the wiki (either with text converted to English or as-is depending on how the co-admin decides to go.)

EDIT: MJ I'm adding your edits assuming you don't mind. Also made a "Voluntary Do Not Post" list allowing artists to request their work not be shared on the wiki and linking to where they normally post their edits (if that's okay with you Kilvoctu. If you'd rather not have your name listed and kept on an internal admin/janitor DNP list I can do that instead)

Zahlzeit
Peon
Peon

Postby Zahlzeit » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Hey, someone call?
I was suddenly made the co-admin of the wiki the other day by Teffy and I revamped the wiki and made it a bit easier to look at as well as formatted it.

If you're adding new characters I recommend you follow the instructions on the front of the page. I also recommend that you DON'T upload via source as it's confusing for new comers.

I won't take on the job of converting the "official" NIS Japanese edits for three reasons:
1. ichigo890 is converting a lot of them. I've giving him some guidance but the Ys and Phantom Breaker ones should be finished soon.
2. There is always a chance they'll release it in USA albeit a very low chance.
3. Low priority. There are other Japanese edits that I found that I like more. One of them is an episode 12 Homura done in the same style of Mami Tomoe on the wiki (my favorite style and the "best" out of all of the Japanese Madoka edits) and has a sweet wing animation when running and has Madoka's red ribbon instead of her standard black headband. There's also a human Priere that I liked and various Monster Hunter armors.

Once I've converted everything I personally want then I'll take requests but it'll take time since the process is kind of lengthy.

mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby mjcampagna » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am

That sounds great. I will be looking forward to all of that.

Teffy, no problem posting my edits. Thanks.

pwnda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby pwnda » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 pm

i made some edits of naoto from dogs and Zet from zetman. Naoto comes with a sheath and her scarf moves when she runs. Zet just has an invisible sword. I'd be happy to take advice to make them better or if you want them i'll upload their files, but i'm pretty sure not too many people know who they are.

zetman is really bad ha
Attachments
Screenshot_0007.png
Screenshot_0007.png (38.66 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
Screenshot_0006.png
Screenshot_0006.png (34.52 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
Screenshot_0005.png
Screenshot_0005.png (34.27 KiB) Viewed 5304 times

Illuminati
Peon
Peon

Postby Illuminati » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:12 pm

It took me 2/3 hours to make, but here's my TERRIERMON edit:

pwnda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby pwnda » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm

made crow from deadman wonderland if you want it or something off it message me
Attachments
Screenshot_0009.png
Screenshot_0009.png (53.75 KiB) Viewed 5246 times
Screenshot_0008.png
Screenshot_0008.png (66.57 KiB) Viewed 5246 times

Kilvoctu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kilvoctu » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Another Touhou character I've been workin' on, because she's my second favorite.
Utsuho Reiuji
I think I bit off more than I can chew, as her design is just so inherently difficult for 8-bit. Long wild hair, a cape, and wings.

Unfortunately, this upload is Utsuho sans her cape and wings. If I get around to doing them I could upload a new version.
Her hair and ribbon are animated.
Note that the custom armor has no right arm, as it would interfere with the cannon graphic.

Download link: Utsuho, her outfit, and nuclear control rod cannon thing.
Image Image Image

mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby mjcampagna » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Zahlzeit wrote:I won't take on the job of converting the "official" NIS Japanese edits for three reasons:
1. ichigo890 is converting a lot of them. I've giving him some guidance but the Ys and Phantom Breaker ones should be finished soon.

Is this still happening?

Greene
Majin
Majin

Postby Greene » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Not sure how to upload to the wiki or use downloaded data, but here are screenshots of my favorite two Cladun x2 custom characters. I haven't made armor mods for either of them... yet.

Iffy. The last frame is showing off her weapon, a katar.

Nisa. Yes, Nisa runs around Arcanus Cella chucking Prinnies at everything that moves. And yes, the scarf bounces around as she walks.
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

The Amazing Mansty
Peon
Peon

Postby The Amazing Mansty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Is music acceptable in this thread as well?

If so, where would I go about uploading it?

Greene
Majin
Majin

Postby Greene » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:37 pm

To post the music save data, you'll have to go to the wiki. It's listed within this thread's three pages somewhere (I can go back and find a link if you can't find it).

Unless you want to post a listing of the entire song, such that the rest of us could simply program it into our games on our own, that would work, too. :)

Actually, since I'm becoming more familiar with 8-bit tracker programming, I might give Cladun x2 music modding another go.
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

Hydremajor
Peon
Peon

Postby Hydremajor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Hello peoples !

I'm a new guy around here and I have a bit of a concern really...

You see I downloaded some edits on the wiki and followed the steps to "install" them in my SAVEDATA folder

However it did not work and in game the edits wouldn't show, so I went and saved a "fake edit" and replaced the content so the thing would SUPPOSEDLY match up and load it up in the Edit screen

All it showed was a "Corrupt Data" message

Went back to SAVEDATA folder and took a closer look just to notice that the obvious fact that I had the wrong version of the game for thoses edits !

The files' names I downloaded always start with "NPUH" whereas the "fake edit" 's folder was starting with "NPEH"

Hence this brings up the multiple questions...

Why isn't there a software just to convert edits From US/EU/JAP to US/EU/JAP ?

Since no such software SEEM to exist how on earth do I convert edits from US to EU ?

And if I cannot convert said edits who could I possibly ask to do it for me ?

And WHY does the version change from US to EU ?! IT MAKES NO SENSE AS IN THE END THE GAMES ARE FREAKIN' IDENTICAL TO THE LAST NOTCH !

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE (so many questions, so little time) ?!

I'm sorry if I seemingly got carried away
(or have been rude in any way, although if I were please point it out so I don't do the same mistake)

Please answer me as I have no clue what I'm doing (just got the game yesterday)...

Greek God
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Greek God » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

dude i have the same problem i live in germany got the game today..
we need european sprites US downloads dont work :cry:

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”