Anyone else have fun stumbling into a Doom Gate yet?

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!

Anyone else have fun stumbling into a Doom Gate yet?

Postby Haledire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Man that is a crazy floor... First time i wound up in it i landed in some kinda boss & treasure room and made me think 'well this looks just like some kinda boss floor room with a nice surprise, and the enemy is only 300'.

Purposely jumped in another one 10 minute later on the first floor and found a floor with several 1000+ boss monsters, flame/ice throwers aplenty, some new kinds of traps I didn't test. Almost makes me look back at the old dark zones in Cladun 1 and think "man that was easy back then...".
Haledire
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Anyone else have fun stumbling into a Doom Gate yet?

Postby Kilvoctu » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:23 am

Yes, for someone like me who mindlessly sprints around I've already fell into a Doom Gate. I personally had monsters in the level 2k+; it was quite a terrifying ordeal to survive. Since then, I've moved a lot more cautiously while Rangeon-ing...
Kilvoctu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby mjcampagna » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Yes, and was promptly murdered before I had even gotten my bearings. I showed up, saw dragons on my left and a treasure chest on my right and thought, "Ooooh, powerful treasure!" And with the glint of greed in my eye, I was slain outright by the green-eyed monster.
mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby ChiTz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:28 pm

I made 50 Fame and the Mask said "You can now access VIP shop" or something like that but where is it? Those floating eyes with lvl 300 are like touch-to-be-killed monsters. I will play till I will start to hunt them. Best game ever since Cladun 1.
ChiTz
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Haledire » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Amusingly enough I find myself just trying to dive into those gates while doing tri-geons. Funny thing about them - they work like Transition floors in that if you find an angel gate you go to an angel floor. Nice way to avoid losing rarity level (if you manage to sneak through that is lol). I only managed to successfully snag the big trove that appears on that floor 3 times (out of 10 trips in).

Only one time did I not want to go in, and that was when I was building up rarity level. It cut me off right in front of an angel gate on a Normal floor.

It's just a pain when you get put in right next to an immortal in a short, tight alley.

@ChiTz: It's the Invisible guy in the Hiyo ship near the right side by the Job Change Hiyo (he's hard to see, look for a strange flickering on the ship).
Haledire
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby nivomi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 am

Doom gates are a special level of fun. Walked past one today, decided to try it out. Spawned inside a level 752 immortal, took around 1080 damage per second, died. Don't think I'll be participating in these again any time soon.
nivomi
Peon
Peon

Postby mjcampagna » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 am

Is the VIP shop the "Back Alley Hiyo"? He opened up for me well ahead of receiving 50 Fame (maybe on account of character level?). Having now reached 50 Fame however, and being informed of a new VIP shop opening, I can't seem to find anything else ...
mjcampagna
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pwnda » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 am

the vip shop is the back alley hiyo as far as i know. it opens up for 50 fame or if you make it to the 5th dungeon or so
pwnda
New Vassal
New Vassal

Return to ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2