Create a Maker OC

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Create a Maker OC

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:51 am

You know, more often than not, I see Hyperdimension Neptunia OCs that are CPUs and I rarely if ever see OCs of the Makers (this can be attributed to the fact that I am reluctant to search the Internet for them because... well, I'm looking for Hyperdimension Neptunia-related things and the Internet is... the Internet. Do I need to explain this?). Why is this?

So, I thought I'd start up a thread where you people can write your own Maker OCs! Here's a skeleton (for reference, mind you. If you want to make your own tweaks, feel free to do so):

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] (please hyperlink the inspired company so that we can get the reference if it isn't immediately obvious)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]Fighting Style:[/b]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[list]
[*]
[/list]

[b]Quotes:[/b]
[list]
[*]
[/list]

I'll go first:

Name: Halken

Appearance: Halken is a brown dog that walks upright and basically functions like a human being except she's a dog. She is incredibly short, standing at only 4 feet. She is also rather adorable.

Personality: Halken is, at heart, a child. Seeing the world through a rose-tinted lens, she likes to go about life at her own pace and have fun. In addition, she's also incredibly hungry and tired virtually all the time. However, behind her nonchalant persona lies the heart of a hero. With incorruptible determination, she will fight off any evil that shows itself around her and she will fight to the end.

Equipment: Halken carries around a sword and a shield wherever she goes. Her sword looks like a bright, colourful gladius and her shield is of the standard shield shape and is also bright and colourful. They look like toys but they're as potent as the real things (not that that matters much in this world: swinging a sword so that it goes through an organism's entire body is about is harmful as whacking them with a broom) and she wields them with a surprising amount of skill.

Fighting Style: Halken is capable of inflating herself like a balloon in order to "jump" in midair although she can only do this five times in succession. She is a highly mobile fighter who gets in close to her enemies before attacking rapidly.

She's also potent without her weapons; when unarmed, she utilises a unique hand-to-hand fighting style that makes the most of her short frame and poor reach and maximises the effectiveness of her double-jumping.

Perhaps her most potent ability is the ability to inhale objects. Stretching her mouth really wide and consequently enlarging her head, Halken is capable of sucking in loose objects and swallowing enemies. She can't take their powers, though. Shame.

Skills:
  • Adorable Confidence: Halken psyches herself up, increasing her accuracy and evasion. The little show she provides is also endearing to her enemies (only sometimes, though), lowering their accuracy and evasion.
  • Gale of Fury: Halken inhales as much air as she can and becomes the size of a blimp. She then blows it all out towards her enemies. Inflicts damage.
  • Final Cutter: Halken jumps high into the air, rotates vertically once, then comes back down with a massive cut that creates a blade beam that travels forward.
  • Protect Me, Shield!: Halken readies her stance with her shield, increasing her defence.
  • Enemy Cannon: Halken inhales one enemy before jumping into the air and spitting them into the ground for massive damage.

Quotes:
  • (gets complimented) "Aw, stoooop~"
  • (beginning a fight) "Sorry but we need to win!"
  • (winning a fight) "Hooray, I won! Am I cool now?"
  • "Aw, they always run out of snacks before I arrive..."
  • "But I'm not... *yawns* sleepy yet..."
  • "I like sleeping and eating and playing! Do you wanna play?"

Makers Made:
Last edited by Porecomesis on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Create a Maker OC

Postby Sik » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 am

Porecomesis wrote:By the way, can anyone tell me how the list= function works?

list
  • Unordered item
  • Unordered item
  • Unordered item
list=1
  1. Ordered item
  2. Ordered item
  3. Ordered item
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 am

Sik wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:By the way, can anyone tell me how the list= function works?

list
  • Unordered item
  • Unordered item
  • Unordered item
list=1
  1. Ordered item
  2. Ordered item
  3. Ordered item

Ah, thanks heaps.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm

I like the Halken idea, though I feel like a girl with dog ears and a tail (a la Broccoli, except dog instead of cat) would prolly be more fitting for Neptunia than an actual dog; she'd also likely just be named Hal, or maybe Hallab, too.

As for an OC maker... hmm, I'll have to get back to ya on that. I'll maybe see what I can come up with...
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Zdood wrote:I like the Halken idea, though I feel like a girl with dog ears and a tail (a la Broccoli, except dog instead of cat) would prolly be more fitting for Neptunia than an actual dog; she'd also likely just be named Hal, or maybe Hallab, too.

As for an OC maker... hmm, I'll have to get back to ya on that. I'll maybe see what I can come up with...

Something I've noticed is that male protagonists in games have a huge variety: you've got the generic man but you also have masculine robots, lizards, dragons, bandicoots, gonks, androgynous people and the list goes on forever. Do you know what the most iconic video game character of all time is? A short, fat Italian man with a low-paying job.

Compare this to any and all female protagonists. At the top of my head, the only one that isn't an attractive woman, a somewhat average woman or a loli is Amaterasu of Ōkami. Note that she is also the only non-human I can think of (KOS-MOS does not count; she is an attractive woman who is called a robot).

For this reason, I wanted to introduce some diversity.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Zdood wrote:I like the Halken idea, though I feel like a girl with dog ears and a tail (a la Broccoli, except dog instead of cat) would prolly be more fitting for Neptunia than an actual dog; she'd also likely just be named Hal, or maybe Hallab, too.

Something I've noticed is that male protagonists in games have a huge variety: you've got the generic man but you also have masculine robots, lizards, dragons, bandicoots, gonks, androgynous people and the list goes on forever. Do you know what the most iconic video game character of all time is? A short, fat Italian man with a low-paying job.

Compare this to any and all female protagonists. At the top of my head, the only one that isn't an attractive woman, a somewhat average woman or a loli is Amaterasu of Ōkami. Note that she is also the only non-human I can think of (KOS-MOS does not count; she is an attractive woman who is called a robot).

For this reason, I wanted to introduce some diversity.

Hmm, you got a point there. Well, HAL Lab's iconic/mascot character is Kirby, who is decidedly not human, so I suppose a character representing them not being human would be fitting.

As to non-human female protagonists, the only one I could think of off the top of my head (besides Ammy) would maybe be that alien chick from Mighty Milky Way... although she's prolly humanoid enough that she doesn't count.
Yeah, like that.

Eyeshield
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Eyeshield » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 am

The female Mass Effect aliens can count, especially the party members that don't look human. I'm talking more along the lines of Tali and not Liara when I say this.

But you're right. I supposed most people think it's better to put that image on guys or something.

I might actually upload mine soon. However, I don't know how to hyperlink, which... is sad.
Walking the universe.

Check out my crossover Neptunia fanfic Chronicles of The Walkers: FateNeptunia if you want to. I hope you like it :)

The Planeptune arc has ended! Next time, Lastation comes in!

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 pm

About Tali...

If you could get a female turian, krogan, elcor or someone that ISN'T a human, asari or quarian as a squadmate, that would ALMOST count. The difference is that I'm asking for main protagonists.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 am

Seeing as no one's posted another Maker OC yet, I figured I'd give it another go.

Name: Monolith

Appearance: Monolith is an android. As her maker ran out of time and resources, however, she does not look exactly like a human right down to the dimples. She does, however, have two large breast-shaped objects on her chest and a very delicately crafted rear. Her robotic face is concealed behind a helmet with a v-shaped visor and she wears futuristic armour, most likely Planeptunian in nature, in order to protect her unfinished robot body. Her armour and helmet are primarily black and secondarily orange and it has a gold trim.

Personality: Socially, Monolith is very stoic although she is respectful and polite, especially to the CPUs, always calling one "My lady" unless they have fallen out of her favour. Her stoicism and her willingness to educate others who are wrong (when she has the time) can also lead to unintentional yet recognised humour on her part.

Despite being mostly business, Monolith also has a rather inquisitive side to her; she hasn't had a lot of contact with society and other people, Neptune in particular, interest her. Monolith is also very talented with robotics and machinery, keeping in line with her being a bit of a sci-fi nerd.

Equipment: Monolith's weapon are the legendary pair of Zenoblades, which she was created to protect (she herself called them "Zenoblades"). Crafted from a black metal, the Zenoblades are one-handed swords that seem to not have an edge. They look more like the silhouette of swords with a hollow circle separating the "blade" from the handle. The Zenoblades seem to be layered in construction and have white lines on them. When activated, the "blades" will part slightly and emit a white beam, which is actually used for cutting. The Zenoblades are also capable of transforming into numerous other weapons.

Fighting Style: Monolith, despite her stoic nature, prefers to overwhelm her enemies with brute force as fast as she can. However, she is far from stupid: she knows how to plan ahead, set traps and adapt to the situation. Her Zenoblades allow her to use a wide variety of attacks (all of which named by herself), allowing her to attack her enemy however she wishes.

Skills:
  • Zenoscythe: As the Zenoblades glow red, Monolith combines them to made a large scythe with a massive red blade. Inflict large damage to an area of enemies.
  • Zenogatling: The Zenoblades glow blue and transform into blue Gatling guns that Monolith can hold in one hand each. Damage is lower than a standard attack but it inflict a massive number of hits, more than compensating for it.
  • Zenoshotgun: The Zenoblades glow green and combine into a green pump-action shotgun. Targets one enemy, inflicts damage and a lot of knockback. Damage and knockback depend on how far the target is away from Monolith at the time of shooting.
  • Zenocycle: The Zenoblades glow purple and combine to become a purple motorcycle. The motorcycle is equipped with machine guns, rocket launchers and the fact that it's a motorcycle speeding towards you at breakneck speeds. By "breakneck speeds", I mean speeds that will break YOUR neck.
  • Zenomech: Monolith's ultimate attack. The Zenoblades glow black and Monolith stabs them into the ground. They soon grow and grow, combining to become the monolithic Zenomech all the while. When the titanic Zenomech is complete, Monolith jumps into the cockpit and delivers a massive punch to the enemy.

Quotes:
  • Neptune: "Oooh, they're so big. I wanna feel!"
    Monolith: "I will warn you now that they are made of steel. You may feel if you wish but it will be unpleasant."
  • Noire: "I'm surprised that Halken is just as valuable as you for a party member despite being a child, a dog and without any legendary weapons."
    Monolith: "I feel the same way about Lady Pururut and her doll next to Lady Neptune and her katana."
  • Noire: "What is with you naming all of your attacks with the 'Zeno' prefix?"
    Monolith: "... I am quite fond of the prefix."
    Noire: "What else have you used it for?"
    Monolith: "I have a Zenoblender back at my residence."
    Noire: "Yeah, let's not talk about that."
  • Vert: "Monomi, I think it may be a good idea to summon your scythe for this battle."
    Monolith: "Unfortunately, I cannot."
    Vert: "... Why?"
    Monolith: "My programmer only programmed the alternate forms of my Zenoblades to have one attack. The only weapons I can actually use to fight in a duel with are my Zenoblades."
    Vert: "... Is this like how Neptune fights exactly the same whether she's using a katana or a broadsword?"
    Monolith: "Possibly."
Last edited by Porecomesis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eyeshield
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Eyeshield » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:56 am

Monolith Soft= Cave with a focus on swords. Basically.
Walking the universe.

Check out my crossover Neptunia fanfic Chronicles of The Walkers: FateNeptunia if you want to. I hope you like it :)

The Planeptune arc has ended! Next time, Lastation comes in!

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Eyeshield wrote:Monolith Soft= Cave with a focus on swords. Basically.

A shield-sword. And she's a robot. Also, she'd never tease anyone like Cave teased 5pb. in the True ending. Also, she's kind of slow, hence the Might Glacier/Stone Wall treatment.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Hmmm... I think I'll give this a shot. I mean, why not?

Name: Wayforward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayforward)

Appearance: Long, messy pinkish-purple hair and turquoise eyes. Her ears are slightly pointed. Dressed in red bellydancer's garb, and wears goggles around her head. Somewhat tanned skin.

Personality: Naive and good-hearted, with a strong sense of justice. Fluent in French.

Equipment: Wields a scepter which has a meteor encircled by a purple ring at its tip.

Fighting Style: Casts spells (which use different dances as incantations of sorts) that can transform herself into animal forms or alter gravity for her or her enemies to a degree, as well as summon small meteors that she can break apart at will. Can also cast a spell that weaponizes her hair. She is fairly good at both close and long range combat, as a result. Her dances/incantations can take a while to cast, though, particularly for stronger spells.

Skills:
*Mighty Meteor Swarm: Wayforward summons a small swarm of meteors that strike several enemies.
*Flippin' Awesome: Wayforward screws with an enemy or enemies' personal gravity, disorienting them and lowering their accuracy and evasion.
*Hairy Situation: Using a spell, Wayforward's hair will become prehensile, and she will use it as a whip to throw enemies around.
*Dance Dance Transformation: Ultimate attack; Wayforward transforms into a variety of animals that maul her enemies. Finishes this attack by changing into a T-rex that does what T-Rexes do best: tear things to shreds.

Quotes:
Before battle: "Et c'est parti!" (Should be French for 'Bring it on!', if the translator was correct)
After battle: "Too bad I'm not a genie, or you could've wished to not fight us!"
Level up: "JE stabilisées à!" (Should be French for 'I leveled up!', if the translator was correct)
Hit by attack: "Flippin' A!"
Knocked out: "No... I'm mightier than this..."
Yeah, like that.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Not bad, Zdood. If I may ask, what games inspired your character if any? The only WayForward game I've played is A Boy and his Blob (which was awesome, by the way).

By the way, this is how you make a list:

Code: Select all

[list]
[*] List item here
[*] Again
[*] Again
[/list]

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 am

Well, while Wayforward has made a lot of games, I feel like their overall 'flagship' games (and some of their great(est) originals) are the Shantae games and the 'Mighty' games, Mighty Flip Champs, Mighty Milky Way, and Mighty Switch Force.

Edit: It's prolly worth noting that most of their games besides the aforementioned ones are either licensed, sequels, or (like A Boy and his Blob) remakes. I chose the above series because they're all original titles Wayforward made.

The Wayforward OC is based primarily on a combination of Shantae (from take a wild guess), Alta (from Flip Champs), and Luna (from Milky Way), taking traits from all three.

And thanks for the list-making tip, dood! :)

Edit:... I still need to get A Boy and his Blob...
Yeah, like that.

Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 pm

I betcha I can use these in fancomics~ I already have a Monolith-chan in there xD

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”