General Neptunia Discussion

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
greenzsaber wrote:I see. Well I hope there will be some reference in V at least, unless the JP names for both are different? Not sure how much of a role the candidates play, if any. I still wonder what Uni's name is supposed to reference, since she's supposed to be the PSP. Can't really connect any dots at the moment.

Uni's name is a reference to UMD.

Well, now I just feel like a dumbass. It's like one of those things that racks your mind when you're trying to figure it out, but when you see the answer, it seems like it was so obvious.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Kokonoe wrote:
greenzsaber wrote:I see. Well I hope there will be some reference in V at least, unless the JP names for both are different? Not sure how much of a role the candidates play, if any. I still wonder what Uni's name is supposed to reference, since she's supposed to be the PSP. Can't really connect any dots at the moment.

Uni's name is a reference to UMD.

Hm. I thought it was a reference to Unix.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm

I just can't believe anybody could have ever thought that... (yes, I know they're just a letter apart, but WTF does Unix have to do with the PSP?)
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Sik wrote:I just can't believe anybody could have ever thought that... (yes, I know they're just a letter apart, but WTF does Unix have to do with the PSP?)

I don't really get what Rom and Ram have to do with the 3DS and DS. I mean, they're equally applicable to every other CPU. Also, what the hell is Entremets? Why is Judge named "Judge"? Why is Magic named "Magic"? Why the crap did the first game name someone "Conversation"? Why is Plutia named "Plutia" and not "Pluto" to go with "Neptune"? What the crap is up with "Peashy"?

Honestly, Uni meaning "Unix" wouldn't surprise me.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Rom and Ram are twins because they represent the DS dual screen, that's all (some also say the two versions of DS).

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:43 pm

zazza345 wrote:Rom and Ram are twins because they represent the DS dual screen, that's all (some also say the two versions of DS).

I know that. It's just that the names "Rom" and "Ram" can be equally applied to everyone else.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Porecomesis wrote:I don't really get what Rom and Ram have to do with the 3DS and DS. I mean, they're equally applicable to every other CPU.

They probably didn't have any better idea, though technically ROM could refer to the cartridges if you really need an explanation (the term ROM for discs went into nearly disuse and firmware isn't even stored in ROM anymore). From thereon you can justify RAM as just sounding similar =P

Porecomesis wrote:Why the crap did the first game name someone "Conversation"?

Ask Arfoire.

Porecomesis wrote:Why is Plutia named "Plutia" and not "Pluto" to go with "Neptune"?

Because Pluto sounds way too male to pass for a girl name.

Porecomesis wrote:What the crap is up with "Peashy"?

It was made to sound as similar as possible to her Japanese name.
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:04 am

Sik wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:Why is Plutia named "Plutia" and not "Pluto" to go with "Neptune"?

I never had a problem with calling Sailor Pluto "Pluto". I mean, it's not that much different from the other names we've already used.

Sik wrote:

Ah, the policy that was kept with "Pururut". Say what you like: NISA decide on something and they stick to it diligently. Also, is it true that Vert was named "Belle" in the Japanese games?

Eyeshield
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Eyeshield » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

Porecomesis wrote:
Sik wrote:

I never had a problem with calling Sailor Pluto "Pluto". I mean, it's not that much different from the other names we've already used.

Sik wrote:

Ah, the policy that was kept with "Pururut". Say what you like: NISA decide on something and they stick to it diligently. Also, is it true that Vert was named "Belle" in the Japanese games?

If I remember correctly yes, though don't take my word for it.

I STILL don't get why they did though.
Walking the universe.

Check out my crossover Neptunia fanfic Chronicles of The Walkers: FateNeptunia if you want to. I hope you like it :)

The Planeptune arc has ended! Next time, Lastation comes in!

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 am

Eyeshield wrote:

If I remember correctly yes, though don't take my word for it.

Vert was always called "Vert", as you can see the first game opening, despite the katakana.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 am

Porecomesis wrote:I never had a problem with calling Sailor Pluto "Pluto". I mean, it's not that much different from the other names we've already used.

Except she didn't use Sailor Pluto as her usual name, that was more of a title...

Porecomesis wrote:Also, is it true that Vert was named "Belle" in the Japanese games?

No, it was Vert, the problem is that the T isn't pronounced, similar to how the ending C in Blanc isn't pronounced (blame French here I guess), so people who didn't get that started the rumor that she was originally called Belle.

zazza345 wrote:Vert was always called "Vert", as you can see the first game opening, despite the katakana.

Her mk2 measurement says "bert" in the filename. It's pretty obvious Compile Heart acknowledges the final T.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 am

Sik wrote:
zazza345 wrote:Vert was always called "Vert", as you can see the first game opening, despite the katakana.

Her mk2 measurement says "bert" in the filename. It's pretty obvious Compile Heart acknowledges the final T.

Sorry, I cannot stop laughing at that. Imagine how different things would be if she was named "Bert".

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Still grinding.

Wish the combat in the first Neptunia was a little more exciting, then i'd be extra motivated been playing this and Final Fantasy IX and despite how slow FF9 is that game just feels better.

I knew I should've got the second the game.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 am

Hey, guys? The CPUs use HDD, right? So, now:

If you were to implement SSD, how would you do so?

Eyeshield
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Eyeshield » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 am

Porecomesis wrote:Hey, guys? The CPUs use HDD, right? So, now:

If you were to implement SSD, how would you do so?

What exactly is SSD?
Walking the universe.

Check out my crossover Neptunia fanfic Chronicles of The Walkers: FateNeptunia if you want to. I hope you like it :)

The Planeptune arc has ended! Next time, Lastation comes in!

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”