General Neptunia Discussion

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Herolegend
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby Herolegend » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 am

I would like to wonder why the special moves are cooler in Neptunia than they are in MK2, its like they changed special FX developers for mk2. The special moves consist of moves that are too fast in game to enjoy and even the EX moves are just crap, I prefer all moves to be in full screen explosions, regardless of how little the combo, the game MK2 has changed for the worst Neptunia 1 was way cooler, imagine this the music, no time limits for dungeons no stupid share loss for leaving dungeons or dying, all that in the first game including the new skills in mk2 but revamped for Neptinia slash fx style? I miss the total damage count, I miss the high ass combos you can do and full screen too, and the ability to use ultra moves at the start of a battle just like you can in FF6-X and xenogears and chrono trigger and star ocean, valkyrie profile, Grandia games pretty much the top rpg's of all time you can use all your ultimate moves at the start of a battle. MK2 was a let down to me even though mk2 barely is a bit better only because of those things i've mentioned above but Neptunia 1 funny... I personally had more fun in overall.

edit: He means to say SSD meaning Solid state drive, like a super fast version of a harddrive think its all flash drive or something. I would say they would be super powerful cpu's with SSD and expensive too

Eyeshield
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Eyeshield » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 am

Herolegend wrote:I would like to wonder why the special moves are cooler in Neptunia than they are in MK2, its like they changed special FX developers for mk2. The special moves consist of moves that are too fast in game to enjoy and even the EX moves are just crap, I prefer all moves to be in full screen explosions, regardless of how little the combo, the game MK2 has changed for the worst Neptunia 1 was way cooler, imagine this the music, no time limits for dungeons no stupid share loss for leaving dungeons or dying, all that in the first game including the new skills in mk2 but revamped for Neptinia slash fx style? I miss the total damage count, I miss the high ass combos you can do and full screen too, and the ability to use ultra moves at the start of a battle just like you can in FF6-X and xenogears and chrono trigger and star ocean, valkyrie profile, Grandia games pretty much the top rpg's of all time you can use all your ultimate moves at the start of a battle. MK2 was a let down to me even though mk2 barely is a bit better only because of those things i've mentioned above but Neptunia 1 funny... I personally had more fun in overall.

edit: He means to say SSD meaning Solid state drive, like a super fast version of a harddrive think its all flash drive or something. I would say they would be super powerful cpu's with SSD and expensive too

1. Well, the new battle system had its problems, and some things had to go to make it the way it was. But combo linking was WAY too broken at some points, and so was Neptune Break and a lot more...

2. I see... Well, with this in mind...

Porecomesis wrote:Hey, guys? The CPUs use HDD, right? So, now:

If you were to implement SSD, how would you do so?

We have several options:

A1. Another level of transformation ie Super Saiyan 2 or somesuch.
A2. Transformation into a vehicle like CPU Neptune (the hell kinda name is that)

B. Upgraded HDD weapons and armor.

C. Summon giant robot. Because GIANT ROBOT. Or dragon. Or whatever the hell floats your boat for the CPU of your choice.
Walking the universe.

Check out my crossover Neptunia fanfic Chronicles of The Walkers: FateNeptunia if you want to. I hope you like it :)

The Planeptune arc has ended! Next time, Lastation comes in!

TheOsakanPrinny
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheOsakanPrinny » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:53 am

Okay so, this is actually a Mugen Souls thing but it's also Neptunia too. Anyone notice that they brought certain enemies from Neptunia into Mugen Souls? Melonheads, the one eyed things with the wings and one leg, the radish guys...and a few others o.o

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 am

Welcome to Compile Heart. This happens.

I think the Shampuru are in Neptunia Victory as an enemy...?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 am

I think the Shampuru are in Neptunia Victory as an enemy...?

Yes, they are.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:40 am

Before that, Ram and Rom appeared as Shampuru types, so by this point it's pretty much recursive referencing. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:31 pm

I actually remember the one-eyed monsters from as far back as TriUni. :lol:

@Red

There was another Shampuru type, the Fangirl, whose description says it follows Lady Ge-Ge around Gamindustri, too. :lol:
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:46 pm

I wouldn't, given that HDD is a term NISA used to avoid using the term goddess (I assume to avoid religious nuts?). If NISA ever uses the term SSD, it'd mean Compile Heart created a new kind of goddess or something like that in the series.
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Sik wrote:

I wouldn't, given that HDD is a term NISA used to avoid using the term goddess (I assume to avoid religious nuts?). If NISA ever uses the term SSD, it'd mean Compile Heart created a new kind of goddess or something like that in the series.

Wait, I thought CPU was the term they used to avoid using the term "goddess"? And even then, that didn't take because the term "goddess" is still thrown around in mk1 more often than CPU.

Sik
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sik » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Sik wrote:

Wait, I thought CPU was the term they used to avoid using the term "goddess"? And even then, that didn't take because the term "goddess" is still thrown around in mk1 more often than CPU.

Er derp you're right. HDD is still a NISA invention, though (to go along with the other terms). But yeah, you'd need probably a second transformation state or something... (Super Sonic → Hyper Sonic, anyone?)
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
Porecomesis wrote:That's like a country asking to stockpile all the nukes in the world. Or vertical09 offering to let the cast of the game sleep in his house.

Nep-Nep
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Nep-Nep » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm not sure where I should post this, so I thought this would be the safest topic. I wonder how far Compile Heart will go with Neptunia. They basically started an awesome trend that could pretty much go as far as they want it to. I saw in the trailer it said something like, "We can't return to our 3D world?" so I'm kinda worried that that might mean the end for Nep-Nep. I hope they don't just decide to quit on a whim just like that. :(

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Nep-Nep wrote:I'm not sure where I should post this, so I thought this would be the safest topic. I wonder how far Compile Heart will go with Neptunia. They basically started an awesome trend that could pretty much go as far as they want it to. I saw in the trailer it said something like, "We can't return to our 3D world?" so I'm kinda worried that that might mean the end for Nep-Nep. I hope they don't just decide to quit on a whim just like that. :(

Now, I haven't played Victory yet and I'm staying as far away from spoilers as I consciously can but I'm very sure that's not the case. Don't you worry, my friend.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Sik wrote:Er derp you're right. HDD is still a NISA invention, though (to go along with the other terms). But yeah, you'd need probably a second transformation state or something... (Super Sonic → Hyper Sonic, anyone?)

In the game it's simply referred as 女神化 (aka goddess form).

"We can't return to our 3D world?" so I'm kinda worried that that might mean the end for Nep-Nep. I hope they don't just decide to quit on a whim just like that. :(

I just finshed the game and I can tell you without spoiling that such an event will NOT happen. It's a narrative device, mostly. They wouldn't go that far, at least not yet.

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:54 am

If HDD is Hard Drive Divinity...Wouldn't the suggested SSD be Solid State Divinity. Going by that I say it sounds more like mech copies of the CPU's rather then a newer power lol. I dunno, just talking I guess :) .
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

Nep-Nep
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Nep-Nep » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Porecomesis wrote:Now, I haven't played Victory yet and I'm staying as far away from spoilers as I consciously can but I'm very sure that's not the case. Don't you worry, my friend.

Yay! I sure hope they keep goin' with it! :D

By the way, I hope they don't do a more powerful version of HDD because, like Dragon Ball Z, if they introduce a more powered-up form, it makes the first one less exciting.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”