General Neptunia Discussion

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Nep-Nep wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:Now, I haven't played Victory yet and I'm staying as far away from spoilers as I consciously can but I'm very sure that's not the case. Don't you worry, my friend.

Yay! I sure hope they keep goin' with it! :D

By the way, I hope they don't do a more powerful version of HDD because, like Dragon Ball Z, if they introduce a more powered-up form, it makes the first one less exciting.

Not that HDD was very exciting in the first place. It only seems to give them flight that they don't use and slightly higher stats that they don't really need.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:28 pm

They are only able to levitate slightly in goddess form. In fact, they're not able to fly, technically.

Herolegend
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Herolegend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm

OH I like Eyeshield's Idea about the SSD solid state Drive being the Solid State Divinity as a form of Super Saiyan 2, aka Bankai 2 or a Resurrection the 2nd some references from Bleach, however I would like to see them in same form but with different armor much like Espadas resurrection form 2nd transformation I think only ullquoira managed this but, it was so damn cool when he did do that not once but twice, everyone was like shocked to see even another transformation I think it was a 3rd last one which was crazy but I can't remember my memory is always bad but bottom line is the idea would be amazing and I would also like to see your character even outside the battle to be able to transform outside before a fight, but no time limits please it should cost SP to transform but not SP to maintain the form as your using SP for skills too you run out ridiculously fast we have to keep going in our options to just replenish that SP and its annoying.

Although I have to mention that I don't think the special moves were broken or anything in neptunia 1 the enemies were just all weak against them, think of valkyrie profile how did they do it at the end with 4 power house characters against super bosses? Lenneth , Brahms, Lezard and Freya their combos and special moves were mad powerful in a combo, the way they counter act this was simple make monster uber strong and hard so you would be forced to use everything with a long chain combo on the enemy to beat them. I do admit though that the combo system could of taken so many hours just to setup 1 character, I think they should of had a skill search string much like google.com when you search you get automatic pop up that predicts what your going to say it should pop up same with neptunia during a combo chain but show the name and all skills you can pull off in the tree as your fighting so you can use it as reference to pull off that skill combo.
Last edited by Herolegend on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:08 pm

zazza345 wrote:They are only able to levitate slightly in goddess form. In fact, they're not able to fly, technically.

Keep in mind the fight against CFW Magic. Thank goodness for that because their HDD would be even more useless otherwise.

Herolegend wrote:it should cost SP to transform but not SP to maintain the form as your using SP for skills too you run out ridiculously fast we have to keep going in our options to just replenish that SP and its annoying.

I believe they've fixed this in Victory.

Herolegend
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Herolegend » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Herolegend wrote:it should cost SP to transform but not SP to maintain the form as your using SP for skills too you run out ridiculously fast we have to keep going in our options to just replenish that SP and its annoying.

I believe they've fixed this in Victory.[/quote]

Thats cool then if you guys would like to checkout my page i create regarding good and bad things of the neptunia series and what you like to see in the sequels please let me know what you think.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=11428&p=545350#p545350

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am

Porecomesis wrote:Keep in mind the fight against CFW Magic. Thank goodness for that because their HDD would be even more useless otherwise.

In V it's explicitly stated they cannot fly, though.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 am

zazza345 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:Keep in mind the fight against CFW Magic. Thank goodness for that because their HDD would be even more useless otherwise.

... What? Did the series pull a retcon or is that just unique to GC 1989 CPUs?

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:28 am

Is that so~? Well, I like it more that way to be honest.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 am

Tikok wrote:

Noire says it in an event replying to a not-so-intelligent idea from Pururut.
Though there IS an exception this rule, as it was shown in the game. I suggest people to play and find out themselves.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:48 am

zazza345 wrote:
Tikok wrote:
zazza345 wrote:In V it's explicitly stated they cannot fly, though.

Noire says it in an event replying to a not-so-intelligent idea from Pururut.
Though there IS an exception this rule, as it was shown in the game. I suggest people to play and find out themselves.

Roger that. I'll wait for three months.

In the meanwhile, I will take your silence to mean that it's a now universal case. Well, this makes HDD utterly useless then, doesn't it? It's an SP hog that grants negligible stat boosts and a fancy walking sprite and that's it. This might be useful back in the stone ages but, when pretty much every landmass is technologically advanced enough to have Master Chief production lines, what's the bloody point?

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 am

Technically speaking there's at least one character that has access to skils not available in non-goddess form.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am

zazza345 wrote:Technically speaking there's at least one character that has access to skils not available in non-goddess form.

Do those skills do something useful? Aside from doing more of what the character can already do?

Tikok
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Tikok » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 am

It's an SP hog that grants negligible stat boosts and a fancy walking sprite and that's it

HDD does exactly what it's suposed to do, it's a powered up state for the characters.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:18 am

Porecomesis wrote:Do those skills do something useful? Aside from doing more of what the character can already do?

I think they do. I used them quite a bit.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 am

Tikok wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:It's an SP hog that grants negligible stat boosts and a fancy walking sprite and that's it

HDD does exactly what it's suposed to do, it's a powered up state for the characters.

Which they don't need because they are entirely capable of winning battles without it without a great difference in performance. It barely even greases the wheels. Also, it costs more than it's actually worth. It's hardly goddess material. Hell, make CPUs the results of the Master Chief production lines and give the actual goddess something worth talking about.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”