Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th July)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th Jul

Postby Zdood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:06 pm

@Pore

Um... the only praise I remember Nep getting was Blanc thanking her for standing up to Abnes. Which Nep did in fact do :? ; Nep didn't get praised for stopping the kidnappers, that praise went to Noire and Vert. Maybe I should rewatch the episode...

@gif

Well, the boob thing and the dances would/do certainly make great gifs and are probably ripe for meme-making as well, and I do want gifs of those too now that I think of it, but the one I was talking about (remember that I said 'very end of the post-credits stuff') was that last bit with Trick perving out, waggling his fingers while grinning lecherously.

@anime vs game

I never said the anime being original was a bad thing; I like the anime so far, and of course bringing in new fans and all that yadda yadda. And yeah, the writing is overall better, gving more equal screentime and focus and cutting down on the (usually started by Nep) off-topic tangents. But if you are seriously telling me that you wouldn't like, to some degree, to see a story set in an already-established continuity, instead of yet another reset, especially if the writing was like the anime's, then you are fucking lying.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Zdood wrote:Um... the only praise I remember Nep getting was Blanc thanking her for standing up to Abnes. Which Nep did in fact do ; Nep didn't get praised for stopping the kidnappers, that praise went to Noire and Vert. Maybe I should rewatch the episode...

I've seen it five times, you are correct
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Momiji Inubashiri wrote:
Zdood wrote:@Momiji

Dude, SBS meant that he was annoyed with how the Neptunia series likes to pull the 'alternate universe' card, and would've liked to have seen a story set in an already-established continuity instead of getting yet another new one. As I'm sure, regardless of the anime's quality, we'd all like to see, really.

It freaking Neptunia, this series throws continuity out the window with every release. I don't see there a problem in the anime doing the same; and doing it better. Also, if they were to have made it follow the continuity, they would have lowered their potential viewer amount.

In making this an entirely original story and universe of its own, they can attract more viewers who haven't delved into the games as of yet. Thus bringing more who may eventually try out the games. Its a smart decision in this instance, but with the games...not so much. xD

At this point, I think it's become more of a running-gag.

When MK2 was made, the first game was mostly swept under the rug. It kinda made sense here since there were so many changes (no more separated floating landmasses), additions (CPU candidates and the oracles), and the True Ending to the first game removed any wiggle room for a direct sequel.

The manga for the series was originally based on the first game. Instead of creating a new manga, or creating an alternating world in the same manga, they added details from MK2. The manga became it's own thing taking place in it's own alternate world from the games as a result.

This is the point where I think it started to become a running gag. It just kept happening on it's own that the CH probably thought, "Screw it," and continued this trend.

Now we have Victory, while a direct sequel to MK2, was about the past incarnations of the current consoles so CH went with a time-traveling/alternate world traveling aspect. Keeping MK2 canon, but still having a new world with it's won rules.

Then there is PP for the Vita. The CPUs look like their Victory incarnations but actually are related to the CPU Candidates.

Shouldn't forget about the light novel which takes all the characters and places them in a HIgh School setting.

And now we have the anime, which takes bits and pieces from all three games.

At this point, I would be more surprised if Noire's game didn't take place in it's own alternative dimension.

Kinda funny when I think about it since the series does have "dimension" as part of the name.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:32 pm

It's not a running gag, if people read the Nepedia in Mk2, you'll realize that this is literally how Gamindustri works. It evolves, changes and even restarts. The only exception is Mk2's dimension, which is referred to as a "Hyperdimension" because it can constantly advance, but it will no longer experience a restart, or newer generations.

The games also make it obvious that more dimensions exist, which is obvious. After all, the games are based around the premise of multiple dimensions, so it's less a running gag and more of "That's the way this series works,"

Nepdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Nepdood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:34 pm

I do have to say after watching episode 2 for the fourth time that Blanc's transformation is great and Vert's was not that bad! I still think that Neptune's was the best though.

3DS, XBL, PSN, Steam: Mekgolo
Try out my game: Super Space Armada

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Nepdood wrote:I do have to say after watching episode 2 for the fourth time that Blanc's transformation is great and Vert's was not that bad! I still think that Neptune's was the best though.

I thought it was a neat touch to make Vert's transformation more "western".
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Nepdood wrote:I do have to say after watching episode 2 for the fourth time that Blanc's transformation is great and Vert's was not that bad! I still think that Neptune's was the best though.

I still think Noire's was best. Neptune's was a bit too short.
I can't wait until the canidates get their transformation scenes ^^

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Momiji Inubashiri wrote:It's not a running gag, if people read the Nepedia in Mk2, you'll realize that this is literally how Gamindustri works. It evolves, changes and even restarts. The only exception is Mk2's dimension, which is referred to as a "Hyperdimension" because it can constantly advance, but it will no longer experience a restart, or newer generations.

The games also make it obvious that more dimensions exist, which is obvious. After all, the games are based around the premise of multiple dimensions, so it's less a running gag and more of "That's the way this series works,"

I don't recall that ever being stated in the Nepedia in MK2. Then again, it's been a while since I've even played MK2 so for I know, I just forgot. Only thing I remember is the explanation of how Gameindustry evolved to what it is know and all the different stages (8-bit, polygon, ect).

I think running-gag was the wrong word for it, implies that the event in itself is meant to be funny, but I can't think of a better word for something that keeps repeating itself like in this situation.

vertical09 wrote:I still think Noire's was best. Neptune's was a bit too short.

Personally, I liked Noire's the least. Far too over the top compared to everyone's else.

From favorite to least favorite, I'd go Blance, Neptune, Vert, Noire.

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:46 pm

I wonder if they will do a wallpaper-sized image based on the spinning character circles near the end of the ED.

Speaking of which, I noticed that MAGES and 5pb. were at opposite sides of the outermost circle. I wonder if that was intentional, or just a coincidence?

Nepdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Nepdood » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:05 pm

vampko wrote:I thought it was a neat touch to make Vert's transformation more "western".

I completely forgot about that with Vert :lol: I have to agree with you!

vertical09 wrote:I still think Noire's was best. Neptune's was a bit too short.

I don't know, I like Noire's, but I enjoyed Neptune's due to her hair growing!

I think the candidates might transform if I saw Purple Sister's hand touching Purple Heart's in the OP.

3DS, XBL, PSN, Steam: Mekgolo
Try out my game: Super Space Armada

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Zdood wrote:@Pore

Um... the only praise I remember Nep getting was Blanc thanking her for standing up to Abnes. Which Nep did in fact do :? ; Nep didn't get praised for stopping the kidnappers, that praise went to Noire and Vert. Maybe I should rewatch the episode...

Not really; she really just strode up to Abnes and they just started insulting each other. She might've started with the intent to stand up for Blanc (I say "might've" because I get the impression she went to that room because her plot senses were tingling instead and she wanted in on the action) but that definitely quickly dissolved.

maykite88
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Location: With Altis plotting to conquer the universe together

Postby maykite88 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Ok guys sorry to stop any rant wagons going on lol but I finally was able to gif that scene from the ending credits all for your viewing pleasure :D

Kokonoe
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Kokonoe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:32 pm

vertical09 wrote:
maykite88 wrote:Me personally I was thinking of the scene where all the CPUs are dancing and shaking their bottoms. Its basically the first set of animation that preceded this one :D But thank you though for this! This was such a must to be GIFed :lol:

^ I second a gif of this :P

I'll work on it then.
I made this one too, but the quality is kinda crappy.
Spoiler:

Edit: Nevermind. Maykite already made it.
I Nico nico need a life
---
3DS FC: 3582-8817-0453
PSN: luckydoglink
XBLive: Kokonoepuffs
NNID: KokonoePuffs
Please PM me if you add me

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Porecomesis wrote:

Not really; she really just strode up to Abnes and they just started insulting each other. She might've started with the intent to stand up for Blanc (I say "might've" because I get the impression she went to that room because her plot senses were tingling instead and she wanted in on the action) but that definitely quickly dissolved.

Point is, she got Abness off her back. That's all that matters, really. :?

@Gifs: Yay yay yay yes! :P They're awesome.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:41 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

Point is, she got Abness off her back. That's all that matters, really. :?

That's probably what Blanc was thinking, too.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”