Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th July)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cho Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (TV Anime, 12th Jul

Postby vampko » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 am

I really don't think it's fair to say that people who prefer JP dubs don't really get ragged on by people who prefer EN dubs. "Weaboo" is quite the famous term to use ya know?

Anyway, I don't think there really was much cause for alarm with Funi, they're actually quite good about that. Having dual-audio that is. Most anime licensors nowadays are. Persona 4 was an example of Atlus being jerks, and not really the fault of Sentai.

If/When I get this (it's rare for me to get a Funi anime because they're generally more expensive than Sentai. But, to be fair, that's because Sentai does much less dual-audio releases, so they can keep things cheaper.), I'll likely check out the en track out of curiosity like I usually do. But I haven't had the most inviting experience with Funi's dubs.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:13 am

The weeaboo label isn't applied to people who just prefer JP dubs.

It's applied to people who go out of their way to say things like "The original Japanese is always superior! It has so much emotion! The acting is so much better!" when they have pretty much no idea how to tell if something is over- or underacted in another language or not.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:34 am

Daverost wrote:The weeaboo label isn't applied to people who just prefer JP dubs.

It's applied to people who go out of their way to say things like "The original Japanese is always superior! It has so much emotion! The acting is so much better!" when they have pretty much no idea how to tell if something is over- or underacted in another language or not.

You'd be surprised. Both sides are guilty of acting like that, is all I'm saying. I mostly prefer JP dubs, but EN dubs are okay too (unless it's Xillia 2's Elise....or any case similar.)
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 pm

vampko wrote:I really don't think it's fair to say that people who prefer JP dubs don't really get ragged on by people who prefer EN dubs. "Weaboo" is quite the famous term to use ya know?

Why do people even have the nerve to call others weeaboos considering the medium they're watching/playing and the audience it's intended for? Calling someone a weeaboo when they play Neptunia and like to play it in Japanese is pretty pointless.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:57 pm

The only point where I would call anyone, a weaboo is when they mix Japanese words in their sentences (Ex. You may be such a silly baka, but I'm the most sugoi kawaii otaku desu!) Bow at the mere ground Japan walks on, and express distaste at anything that's not Japanese. Also self-proclaim themselves as otakus :?
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:39 pm

vampko wrote:
Daverost wrote:The weeaboo label isn't applied to people who just prefer JP dubs.

You'd be surprised. Both sides are guilty of acting like that, is all I'm saying. I mostly prefer JP dubs, but EN dubs are okay too (unless it's Xillia 2's Elise....or any case similar.)

SHARING IS CARING

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 am

vamp and alice have restated my previous statement in more detail. :lol:

LoweeIsLove wrote:The only point where I would call anyone, a weaboo is when they mix Japanese words in their sentences

It's actually pretty acceptable where I'm from (Taiwan) to do that, and not just with JP either.

Plus, a lot of immigrants where I live (Canada), people do that anyway with English and whatever their mother tongue is. Including like, almost all my Asian friends except me.

I can see why non-bilinguals don't really think of it that way. But it isn't fair to make the hostility exclusively towards Japanese.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:11 am

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:vamp and alice have restated my previous statement in more detail. :lol:

LoweeIsLove wrote:The only point where I would call anyone, a weaboo is when they mix Japanese words in their sentences

It's actually pretty acceptable where I'm from (Taiwan) to do that, and not just with JP either.

Plus, a lot of immigrants where I live (Canada), people do that anyway with English and whatever their mother tongue is. Including like, almost all my Asian friends except me.

I can see why non-bilinguals don't really think of it that way. But it isn't fair to make the hostility exclusively towards Japanese.

Oh really? I never knew that! I'm sorry if it felt insulting, but I never knew. :?
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Source

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Spoiler:

Yoink! Sorry for the double posting! But here's the cover of the BD/DVD for the English release that's this summer. :P

I....am not surprised by this one bit.

Source: http://www.fandompost.com/2015/03/19/hyperdimension-neptunia-anime-dvdbd-packaging-revealed/

You can now also preorder it off of Funimation's store for a chance to win that Victory signed limited edition. :D
Source

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:21 am

Has anyone figured out what the difference between the Standard and Limited editions is? Funimation didn't seem to be saying. XD;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:35 am

Rednal wrote:Has anyone figured out what the difference between the Standard and Limited editions is? Funimation didn't seem to be saying. XD;

Umm....Free shipping? LOL.

Jokes aside, I don't know ether, but I will be buying the limited edition regardless :P
Source

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:20 am

These days, it's usually only a hard box with some special art. Funi's gotten pretty cheap about their LEs for most series.

I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Daverost wrote:These days, it's usually only a hard box with some special art. Funi's gotten pretty cheap about their LEs for most series.

It has four disks, two are DVD, and two are Blu-Ray. Anyone wanna bet and hope that we get the other CPUs on those disks and possibly on the cases?
Source

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Porecomesis wrote:I have a stigma towards English dubs due to my upbringing with 4Kids anime but, even so, I prefer to judge dubs and subs on a case-by-case basis.

Spoiler:
Oh god, you too?! 4Kids ruined One Piece for me (among other things) until Funimation came along and made it good again.

But yeah, I also judge shows on a case-by-case basis. I've heard some excellent English dubs and some terrible Japanese dubs before. I just hope IF's, Rei's, and Rom's new voice actresses do a good job.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Spoiler:

The hard case for the limited edition if anyone wants to know ^^
Source

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”