I wanna know how good is this game please let me know because I might buy all 3
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Halp me

Postby cress » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Sure, I'll Halp...

Don't expect these games to have all the trimmings of a "Triple A" game like Tales or Ni No Kuni, because they are made by a relatively small company. The "towns" are pretty much menu based mixed with 2d art, and the cutscenes are 2d hand-drawn talking pictures.

But all of the 2D art, along with all of the 3D models and dungeons are really quite superb. If you can forgive the games for not being made by a premiere software developer, you just might find the charming quality of the series that many of us have.

HOWEVER,

The first game, though it is often cited as having the best story and humor, features the lowest production value of the series. If you're not exceptionally fond of the characters or overall theme, you might find it impossible to endure the overly repetitive and clunky gameplay, along with the unimpressive and limited dungeon designs. The second and third games are vastly superior in terms of gameplay as well as having much better graphics.

The games are lighthearted, wacky and fun. It's a refreshing RPG experience that doesn't take it self too seriously. If you are interested in these games I can recommend the second and third games, but I cannot recommend the first game unless you turn out to become a true fan of the series. Also, be warned that the second game features an alternate cast who are the younger sisters of the main characters.

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 am

Well I got Victory ima get 2 and 1 so I can know about the storyline sooooooo besides that I love it so far <3
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby cress » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Nice going! I'm glad to hear that you like it! While Victory is a direct sequel to mk2's story, mk2 can almost be looked at as somewhat of a reboot from the first game. There are certain story elements established in mk2 that contradict the first game, a "retcon" if you will. There's even a joke in Victory where Neptune acknowledges one particular instance by saying, "Yeah, we retconned that."

The first game isn't all that bad, but you better get used to
Spoiler:
IF and Compa (You'll meet them in Victory)
, because they're pretty much your only party members aside from Neptune unless you buy the DLC characters, they're like $1.99 on PSN. The main draw of the game to me is just to be able to spend time in the world of the Neptunia franchise, and to enjoy the characters and humor.

You've probably noticed Nepgear, Neptune's sister. She's the main protagonist in mk2 along with the other younger sisters of the CPU's, who you will get to know a little bit in Victory. The CPU's are present in mk2, they're just not nearly as prevalent. Mk2 is a lot like Victory in terms of quality and gameplay, and while some of us fans consider Nepgear to be a little bland in comparison to Neptune (another bit of reality acknowledged humorously in Victory), it's still a great game.

After you've met all the CPU's, let us know who your favorite character is!

kiakosan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kiakosan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:35 pm

In my opinion, my favorite was victory, due to Neptune being the protagonist and being able to play with the CPU's much sooner than the other ones. HDN1 wasnt that bad in my opinion, just somewhat long combat, and time consuming to do the collection quests. I kinda liked the healing system, and I preferred HDN's 2d animated sequences to mk2's crappy 3d sequences. I dont know if this will effect your opinion, but imo HDN1 probably had the least amount of fanservice, really just the bandage thing, but its not a big deal. And HDN1 also was way more voiced than the other 2, even including goddess blogs that really increase the immersion. I also think that the intro music was the best in the series as well. BTW, I kinda hate the CPU candidates, so that may be why I praise this one so much.
[img width=321 height=150]http://i.imgur.com/1hvRcoc.gif[/img] you can never get this, you can never get this, lalalala

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm

sorry for not replying in like god knows when but

Victory is really good in my stand point I am going to get 1 and MK2 comming friday but till the mean time i have to buy another ps3 because the one I bought stop reading disks and so forth but till that also meantime ZHP and perfecting my disgaea 2 dhd .......... again T.T
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm

also anyone know how much all dlc will cost in one go because ima buy dlc for all of them im gussing around 120-150 dollars will be spent also and I dont mind that because I wanna dive in this banwaggon like disgaea series :3
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

JaxTH
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby JaxTH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Koro_Kizama wrote:also anyone know how much all dlc will cost in one go because ima buy dlc for all of them im gussing around 120-150 dollars will be spent also and I dont mind that because I wanna dive in this banwaggon like disgaea series :3

For the first game it's around $100 for everything. Mk2 is around $70.

*bought all the DLC for the first game*

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 pm

ahh ok but what about victory ?
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

JaxTH
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby JaxTH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Koro_Kizama wrote:ahh ok but what about victory ?

Vicrory's DLC run is still going, but everyone seems to say that it will be over $100 when finished.

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I was thinking that as well
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

JaxTH
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby JaxTH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Koro_Kizama wrote:I was thinking that as well

Of course NISA sems to do a yearly sale so sooner or later everything for Victory will be 50%. Sadly I missed this for Mk2 so they won't be doing that again.

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:48 pm

ohhh dam I might wanna look into this more then
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

Koro_Kizama
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Koro_Kizama » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:27 pm

lil update lol..

I have re-Birth and I LOVE IT ALOT but bad thing is I cant find neptunia 1 and mk2 in my area so ima hafta buy it online somewhere xD
_-_Plienair Lover_-_

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Koro_Kizama wrote:lil update lol..

I have re-Birth and I LOVE IT ALOT but bad thing is I cant find neptunia 1 and mk2 in my area so ima hafta buy it online somewhere xD

Funny thing is that GameStop still has the original and Victory for sale after all this time. I remember visiting a GameStop in Baltimore that had the whole trilogy (though I guess it's not a trilogy anymore).

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”