I don't know if I can post this here but (various questions)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

I don't know if I can post this here but (various questions)

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:47 am

80/80 or w/e the max char. amount is.

Anyone getting Fairy Fencer f? It'll have a superior battle system most likely, but I'm afraid that it won't have as a "charming" story and characters. I'm still on the fence (pun intended) about it.

Date-A-Live Rinne Utopia. I have low patience for VNs and my Japanese isn't as good as a native so I don't know. But is Date-A-Live a good series in general? (if yes, then I might start watching the anime that's still airing) I do like Touka and Kurumi.

Last but not least, if you factor in the time zone differences, Kami Jigen Idol PP comes out in Japan/Taiwan/etc. today. Anyone importing? I haven't played [email protected] before so while I probably will get it (import or otherwise) but I don't know if I'll like it.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: I don't know if I can post this here but (various questi

Postby Daverost » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 pm

FFF: Yes.
DAL: Watch it.
Neptune PP: A few people around here are. I will later if NISA doesn't pick it up.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm

There is already a topic for discussing Fairy Fencer F viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12318&start=675.

Not importing
PSN: YuriFan9999

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:48 am

Another question, if I go in with a "Neptune fan" mindset, how much would I enjoy Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de?

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:52 am

I haven't seen the entirety of "World War Blue" but I have seen bits and pieces of it from someone at the college I go to. Mostly from the beginning though.

From what I' have seen, to answer your question, not as much. It takes the whole game industry parody and, unlike Hyperdimension Neptunia, takes itself very seriously. Also, since this is somehow a thing ruining "Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation" for most people, there is plenty of the typical fanservice.

To be honest, I completely forgot that this show even exists. Now that I'm reminded of it, I should actually give it a complete watch. If you haven't started it yet and I'm done with it in the next few days, I'll let you know more about it.

Again, the show might be completely different from the few bits I've seen so I could be dead wrong for all know.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:02 am

I'm importing FFF. DAL isn't anything peculiar, IMO. Rinne Utopia is an alternate universe kind of thing, and like most VNs requires a bit of Japanese knowledge (probably less than the other Sting-developed VNs for Aquaplus White Album 1 and 2, though).
Not getting PP but not because it's an idol simulator but because you're forced to select one specific goddess at the beginning.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 am

zazza345:

You're another gamer that only supports the JP versions right?

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

This is regarding "World War Blue" again.

I just finished watching all of it since it's pretty short with only 3 episodes.

To actually answer your question...I still don't think so. Sure recognizing what each character, place, or term represents is a fun thing...but there honestly doesn't seem much else there. Some potential sure, but not much really.

The fan-glee material itself really seems to be shoehorned in. Comparing it to "Neptunia", as a series, you can easily change the terminology, names, and some visuals, and nothing would really change. Doing so with "Neptunia" on the other hand would greatly change it. Explanations are also handled more poorly. One example, even after finishing the last available episode, I still don't know what "consume" means. I think it's something similar to "Neptunia's" "shares" but I could be wrong on this.

My guess was actually spot on. It does take itself way more seriously, there is a crap-load more fanservice (the in-your-face kind combined with To-Love-Ru touchy-touchy kind), and it feels terribly rushed. So much the last part. Events happen one after another with little to no break. The way the characters speak also feels terribly rushed. I swear they are speed-talking most of the time which sounds even more odd when almost every line is to give exposition for something.

I just checked it on wiki and it seems like there is a 3-month break between each episode...which only makes things worse. If I may compare this to "Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation:, it is worse in almost all fields. The animation is on-par with the average-weekly show action anime. How can "Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation" look so much better while being a weekly show, yet the company for this has 3 months to work on each episode and it looks worse and feels so rushed. At least the 4th episode seems to going to be released sometime soon.

Also from wiki, the anime is based on a manga which is currently finished with 9 volumes. From personal experience, I think the manga would be the better choice. I'm actually thinking of finding and reading it just to see how different the experience feels.

Anyway, sorry for the mini-wall of text. I had a good amount of things to say.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:zazza345:

You're another gamer that only supports the JP versions right?

I wouldn't go that far... If a game has a good localization, I don't have issues with it. Also it's more convenient for me since I don't have to wait the usual times for a localized version.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:45 am

That's awesome. So in under what circumstances will you not buy the JP version? Given that you'd have to wait for a localized one every time.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:That's awesome. So in under what circumstances will you not buy the JP version? Given that you'd have to wait for a localized one every time.

For example I'm getting Dragon's Crown US version since Atlus bothered to get dual audio this time, and also since there was a limited window from JP and US release.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:21 am

By the way shadowmaksim, thanks for your insight, guess I'll steer clear for now.

You know, it's likely I would like it better had I known about it first.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”