Hyperdimensional Neptunia Re;Birth (Vita/PC)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Hyperdimensional Neptunia Re;Birth (Vita/PC)

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 am

Their process seems silly at best. Why add an extra step to the process by translating twice? English to Chinese or Japanese to Chinese seems reasonable enough.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:00 pm

What do you think that I want to say?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:30 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Their process seems silly at best. Why add an extra step to the process by translating twice? English to Chinese or Japanese to Chinese seems reasonable enough.

I've explained why it needs to go through like this already.

English to Chinese:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:Except the precondition to that would be having faith in the quality and faithfulness of the text of the English version relative to the Japanese version. So :lol: no.

My1xT wrote:What do you think that I want to say?

?

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:47 pm

A Japanese version of the text already exists. Translating the English version to Japanese would introduce colloquial errors, and translating the translated version to Chinese would add even more.
Spoiler:

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:20 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:A Japanese version of the text already exists. Translating the English version to Japanese would introduce colloquial errors, and translating the translated version to Chinese would add even more.

Not for the PC version. So I'd imagine that part is eas(ier) as they're just copying it over.

As for colloquial errors, I'm sure they can handle it.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Oh, then it's translating from Japanese to Chinese. I was under the impression they were translating English to Japanese to Chinese.
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm

I mean it really sounds if they make it this way, coz they essentially dont need TLs for step 1 (copying over the text)
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am

Saw this last night. This is why you don't play around too much with memory editors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Iqk2UsAFw
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 am

but editing some parts, like your item storage, so you can complete your plans or your money are not so bad...

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:37 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:Saw this last night. This is why you don't play around too much with memory editors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Iqk2UsAFw

I love how Plutia just slips and falls for her Verbal Abuse special.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

fun fact the mod to view the characters from below has some very interesting advantages:

you can zoom OUT and GO UP as you wish in both dungeon and battle, if there would now be a way to stop auto cam rotation (so that cam moves ONLY with right stick) it would be perfect

Nerroth
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nerroth » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:41 am

So, I made it to the start of Chapter 8,
Spoiler:
(and got the Next Purple processor units!)

Though I kept a separate save file near the end of Chapter 7 in case I needed to go back.

At this point, I was able to get the Plans for Nepgear and Uni, but not for the twins.

Is it possible to get the Plans for all four Candidates in the first run-through? And if so, do you only need the Share percentage needed to activate each Plan at the moment of activation? (In other words, can you get the Planeptune shares up to 50% in Chapter 8, use that to activate Nepgear, and then go back to run up the Lastation and Lowee percentages in turn?)

Also, is it generally better to run up the Quest requirements, but not to claim the reward right away? Since they usually involve a percentage Share shift, I was thinking that it might be worth building up a backlog of Quest completions to take to the Guild as and when I need to run up each nation's Share percentage.

In short, should I go back to my Chapter 7 save file and try to get all four Candidate plans at once, or is it as well to keep going with my current setup and wait to get the Plans for Rom and Ram in the new game plus?

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:20 pm

well you cant really get all candidates at once, but surely their plans and afaik Items as well (and you better do, coz if you have everything toether you can summon the rest even in chapter 1 or 2 assuming you clear the plan...
why you cant get all at once? you have not enough Megami Bytes (yes I am serious, look at the description of the Memory items) to get all. if you are good you get 2 plns solved giving you a max of 3 candidates...
if you get enough MB
Spoiler:
(if you are on PC you can tweak a little bit in your ram to do that faster, but some rather earn it the usual way)

you can essentially do share-shifting until you have all...

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Technically you could get all the Candidates on your first run-through, but then you'd have to ignore all of the helpful plans like Super EXE Gauge and Break Damage Limit.

Definitely get the plans first, though, even if you won't have enough MB for them. At least then you could still search for the items needed and make unlocking the Candidates a bit easier.

Also, as far as the Candidate Unlock plans go, you need 50% to unlock the characters, but only 30% to find the plans for them (You'll see a little speech bubble appear near the nation once you do so).

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Wait, I forget. Is that actually possible? I know you come dangerously close to the absolutely minimum you'd need for the candidate plans, but I forget if that includes all of the necessary pre-plans that you have to set in order to get all of the required items.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”