If you could make your own Neptunia game...

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: If you could make your own Neptunia game...

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

KoopaTroopinski wrote:It would be nice if Rei became playable in a future game. I mean, in the very first game and Victory/Re;Birth 3 (and to a small, brief extent Re;Birth 1) the CPUs were your enemies, but they became playable allies later on. Why can't the same happen for Rei? :(
Probably partly that she's a pure villain, redeemed as she was and as not-necessarily-evil as her game's villains were, but it could also be that despite what she represents, is it really clear what console she's actually supposed to be?

Like I think they'd need to do something about that if they wanted to make her playable. Or reboot her like the V CPUs were for older consoles.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Inb4 I make a game with Rei going through a journey of self-actualization and having to fight CPU forms of Intellivision and Colecovision while the rest of the CPU's believe she is evil as well.
Spoiler:

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Seventh wrote:
KoopaTroopinski wrote:It would be nice if Rei became playable in a future game. I mean, in the very first game and Victory/Re;Birth 3 (and to a small, brief extent Re;Birth 1) the CPUs were your enemies, but they became playable allies later on. Why can't the same happen for Rei? :(
Probably partly that she's a pure villain, redeemed as she was and as not-necessarily-evil as her game's villains were, but it could also be that despite what she represents, is it really clear what console she's actually supposed to be?

Like I think they'd need to do something about that if they wanted to make her playable. Or reboot her like the V CPUs were for older consoles.

They could do that. If the CPUs, Histoire, and IF got re-designs, so could she.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Maybe because she has no other relevance other than being Victory/Re;Birth3's Big Bad? (As harsh as it sounds.)
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Seventh wrote:

I think it's safe to assume she's the Atari 2600; although I don't remember whether the incident that destroyed Tari was actually called the Great Crash or something similar in-game, it's pretty obviously the Great Crash. While it wasn't the only factor in said event in real life, the Atari 2600 and its terrible quality control are some of the best-remembered factors of it, with ET perhaps being the most infamous example of a terrible game that contributed to it.

Whatever the case, it probably doesn't matter much; the main CPUs don't so much represent consoles these days as companies, and they simply gain new outfits, processors, and/or forms to factor in any new consoles that might come along or if IF/CH want to use older consoles (for better or worse). Rei, if she were to be playable, wouldn't even need to represent a specific console, as such; she would just need to represent Atari and then anything involving Atari consoles or whatever such related to the company would just be a get-up or form. Rei would need to become AtaRei.

...And with that terrible pun I should probably show myself out.

Lan wrote:Maybe because she has no other relevance other than being Victory/Re;Birth3's Big Bad? (As harsh as it sounds.)

It's kind of a shame that the only villain that seems to be allowed to recur in the Neptunia series regardless of reformation(not counting remakes or updated re-releases, or palette swap enemy versions of them, for hopefully obvious reasons) is Arfoire. At least her character from game to game tends to have more variety than the CPUs, considering she's went from credible Big Bad and mastermind in the original to Cthulu in mk2 to more-or-less joke in V to whatever the hell she is in V2 don't spoil me or I'll find out where you live and stab you with a spoon, I guess?

...Oh yeah, she also appeared in GekiNoire. Dunno what she's like there either because it's still on my backlog.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Zdood wrote:they simply gain new outfits, processors, and/or forms to factor in any new consoles that might come along or if IF/CH want to use older consoles (for better or worse). Rei, if she were to be playable, wouldn't even need to represent a specific console, as such; she would just need to represent Atari and then anything involving Atari consoles or whatever such related to the company would just be a get-up or form. Rei would need to become AtaRei.
Be that whole company thing as it may (extreme emphasis on the may), their physical transformations/appearances (which is what I was referring to) do all have pretty clear ties to the consoles (or even logos of the time, if you want to go the company route) that they're supposed to be. So the designs still generally have worked within a time frame of "this is this," even if they vary between company or console. When they get new versions or new transformations, those mostly match up too - not always, but they try.

For example, you can tell what Noire is by looking at her in any of her forms, just about, except maybe for her original default pre-transformation outfit - which is a lot of forms at this point. Rei, meanwhile... is blue and has skulls.There is one blue and white Atari logo I see on a page filled with red, black, and white ones, so it's not looking pretty for that. :(

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:21 am

To be fair, Neptune's NEXT form can't really be based on anything, given that she was originally ostensibly supposed to be the mythical Sega Neptune. That can probably be attributed to main character privileges or something though, which Rei definitely doesn't have and is unlikely at best (if I'm being generous) to ever get. You're certainly right about the Atari logo thing, though, at least because each goddess has a set color. If Rei ever did become playable and/or become major enough to warrant new forms there would have to be some kind of workaround... though given all the dimensional weirdness in this series that might not actually be that hard, although it would likely be either contrived or lazy as well.
Yeah, like that.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:52 am

IIRC, Atari never really had a "true" color for most of its life. While red is usually associated with the logo, every color once associated with it, including blue. Really, the main color of Atari would be white and black (depending on scenery), since the logo and lettering usually remained constant regardless. I know red started to be used a lot more when Atari was purchased by Hasbro.

If I'm wrong, forgive me.

As for Rei's skull-thingy, I was under the impression that it represented that she was representing a "ghost" of a company. Atari has been dead for many years, and even in V's altered universe, Atari was at least getting the shaft thanks to the other consoles/nations emerging. Thus, the skull represents the lingering spirit of what was once a glorified nation. Her color scheme in both forms also has a ghostly feel to it, as well as still looking professional while human.

These are just my thoughts, though.
Spoiler:

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:08 am

...I think I like your thoughts. I mean, I certainly can't speak for whatever the heck IF/CH was thinking when they designed Rei, but that's nonetheless a cool theory, I think.

I know red started to be used a lot more when Atari was purchased by Hasbro.

...Anyone got any My Little Barbie Reiformers jokes?

...And I'm pretty sure I got the company that makes at least one of those things wrong. :lol:

Anyway, it actually kind of sounds like Rei could get away with having multicolored forms? Hell, her CPU form was never given an actual name IIRC, for all we know she's friggin' Rainbow Heart (I mean, I'm guessing most of us assume her color's some shade of blue, but hey). Or... I dunno, there's probably some word out there that describes a color that shifts or an object that has a shifting color without being a rainbow per se. Prismatic? Lenticular? Kaleidoscopic?
Yeah, like that.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 am

I've always just called her HDD form "Cyan Heart" because, well, look at her. Not even printers have that much cyan in them.

Ghostdominion6
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ghostdominion6 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:08 am

Leaked partial "Accolade" list from the upcoming Measure for Measure -Cave Vs. IF-!

"This weapon is your LIFE!"- [IF] Don't stop throwing 'til you run out of ammo! (Bronze)

"Help... me..."- [???] See- and walk into- the light. (Silver)

Curiosity blonded the brunette- [IF] Encounter the mysterious beast, survive a pleasant encounter with nature, and trick-or-treat out of season. (Bronze)

You are a True Warrior of the Four Nations!- [???] Honorably route 13 officers in pure spite. (Silver)

But for you, it was Tuesday- [Cave] 'Consort' with your boss, grab a 'phallus', and make some fireworks... What is this game rated, anyways? (Bronze)

Five-star classic!- [Reunion] One love... One blood... One life... (Bronze)

Was it worth it?- [Cave] Who knew failing to succeed could lead to such a successful failure? (Bronze)

Top-notch quality work!- [IF] Well, at least it started raining... (Bronze)

Grazing in the grass~- [IF] You think you'll just rest here for awhile... (Bronze)

BETRAAYAAAALLLL!!!!- [Cave] Damned if you do, damned if you don't... (Bronze)

CONGLATURATION !!!- [Reunion] Achieve failure... through victory! (Bronze)

They duel.- [Reunion] That's what they do. (Bronze)

Kick your feet up and RELAX!- Increase an asshole's Views by one. Maybe more? You like to read, right? (Gold(?))

Big Match IF- [Reunion] Overcome the odds, rise above hate, and preserve your legacy! (Silver)

The Witch and the RNG- Meet an old friend... through no effort of your own. (Silver)

Buzzkill- [Reunion] With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (Bronze)

Good old-fashioned R&R (Read and Review)- Read every page of backstory. Yes... even THAT one. (Silver)

'We know what we are...'- [Cave] '... but know not what we may be.' (Bronze)

Coin toss!- [???] Sometimes you have to accept you can't win all the time. (Bronze)

Red card- [???] Live the dream you never want to wake up from! (Gold)

This was just a partial list apparently. How much more can there be? Who knows... We'll just have to find out in due time...
Author of deconstructive HDN fanfics such as Much Ado About Nothing and beyond.

NEW!: - Measure for Measure -Cave Vs. IF- (The fangame)
- Time Goes By

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Boromonokli
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Boromonokli » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Well, of course a Through and Thorough dungeon crawler.

For starters, one where dungeons are a sequence of turn based battles, against one group of monsters each time (such as: 5 noxious slimes, 3 roaches, 2 dragons), the player playing one character, whose attacks hit either the top of the monster stack, or the entire stack, depending on what attack is used, each attack costing ap to cast ~basically the original neptunia with a mix of wizardry. The final battle of the dungeon is a boss, defeating him grants reward (experience).

After that, anything can be added. A Spellmaker (attack maker) like TES arena? yep. Tying moves to weapons and allowing characters to use different types of weapons than what they are used to in the games? Hammernoire here I come. A shop would be nice too, random items to be found in dungeons as well, exploration, dialogues, story...

Alternatively I could fool around with wizardry 8's Cosmic Forge... I mean, there are plenty of 3d models the fans made, it's trivial to paste-photoshop eyes on the slime texture and turn the green tint into blue, rename Acid Vines into Acid Tulips? Although, there is one thing I can't do: Replace Drazic. A T'Rang ninja is a sight to behold and he has some of the best lines ever, plus, the team needs a mascot: Either Drazic or Madras (Trynnie gadgeteer)

spoiler: when I was first replacing Vi's model, I couldn't get the scale right.
Spoiler:

Ghostdominion6
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ghostdominion6 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Measure for Measure -Cave Vs. IF- (Coming Summer 2016)

Leaked List of (Potential) Accolades!

Overview:
Estimated Accolade difficulty: Nep/10 (Ganache and Jade poll)
Offline Accolades: 55 (33 Bronze, 14 Silver, 7 Gold, 1 Platinum)
Online Accolades: 0
(Highly) Estimated Time to Platinum: 10-20 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs: A lot
Number of missable Accolades: All can technically be called missable, eh? Replaying a path wouldn't take long, though.
Glitched Accolades: 0!!!!!
Does difficulty affect Accolades?: No difficulty options. But some paths are more trying than others...
Do Accolades stack?: N/A
Do Passwords disable Accolades?: No

1. An Die Freude!- You've read your way to ultimate victory! Tell your friends about this game! (PLATINUM!)

(Gold Tier)

2. Half Measure- Played through all main endings in 'chronological' order. (Gold)

3. Full Measure- You've seen every ending, viewed every possible ending variation, fought all bosses, heard all tracks, played as Markz, flipped a coin, entered a code, played a piano, and even viewed Hank East's secret Archive... So, when's the sequel? (Gold)

4. A Good Player? A Bad Player? Or, just THE Player?- See every possible Save Game title (Gold)

5. Those were the days, my friend...- [???] Live the life you choose! Fight and never lose! (Gold)

6. This is ourselves... Under Pressure!- [???] Master a certain definitive 'encounter' by finishing with above 60 health! (Gold)

7. Red card- [???] Live the dream you never want to wake up from! (Gold)

8. Kick your feet up and RELAX!- Increase an Asshole's Views by one. Maybe more? You like to read, right? (Gold)

(Silver Tier)

9. Good old-fashioned R&R (Read and Review)- Read every page of backstory. Yes... even THAT one. (Silver)

10. Big Match IF- [Reunion] Overcome the odds, rise above hate, and preserve your legacy! (Silver)

11. Way To Go, Hero!- [3] Defeat your former idol without the use of Demon Comet Slash or Le Delphinus. (Silver)

12. Just close your eyes, yeah!- [4] Just close your eyes and she'll be there... (Silver)

13. There's a time and place for everything...- [4] Think of absolutely everybody, in absolutely every possible way! (Silver)

14. "You move just like IF..."- Attempt Demon Comet Slash against the Imposter... and miss three times. Sonuvabitch! (Silver)

15. Friends to the End- [8] Botch all three reaction commands in your rush to the Basilicom, and STILL survive the ensuing encounter! (Silver)

16. "Great shot, kid, that was one in a million!"- [11] Take out 'Jimbo' while the wind is blowing at its highest setting! (Silver)

17. Eat that, History! And, er, concentration!- [12] Survive the chase sequence with nary a blemish on your record! (Silver)

18. "Help... me..."- [12] See— and walk into— the light. (Silver)

19. You are a True Warrior of the Four Nations!- [13] Honorably route 13 officers in pure spite. (Silver)

20. "Alright... So, long story short... you guys screwed up!"- [???] Freeze time... within seven minutes of starting the game. (Silver)

21. So... still bumping up my Views?- ... You're seeing someone else, aren't you?! (Silver)

22. The Witch and the RNG- Meet an old friend... through no effort of your own. (Silver)

(Bronze Tier)

23. Bad memory, or Accolade grinding?- Enter a wrong password three times in a row. (Bronze)

24. Relive the Mind-Boggling Excitement!- Replay an ending scenario you just finished! (Bronze)

25. Ain't Nobody Here But Us... Chickens...?- Enter a correct password... that is currently invalid. (Bronze)

26. "COME ON, COMRADES. SHE'S A WOMAN, NOT A GODDESS!"- [IF] Get through IF's first 6 choices within 2 minutes without taking damage. (Bronze)

27. "God didn't make Cave... We did."- [Cave] Get through Cave's first 6 choices within 3 minutes without taking damage. (Bronze)

28. "This weapon is your LIFE!"- [IF] Don't stop throwing 'til you run out of ammo! (Bronze)

29. 'We know what we are...'- [Cave] '... but know not what we may be.' (Bronze)

30. Curiosity blonded the brunette- [IF] Encounter the mysterious beast, survive a pleasant encounter with nature, and trick-or-treat out of season. (Bronze)

31. But for you, it was Tuesday- [Cave] 'Consort' with your boss, grab a 'prick', and make some fireworks... What is this game rated, anyways? (Bronze)

32. Top-notch quality work!- [IF] Well, at least it started raining... (Bronze)

33. BETRAAYAAAALLLL!!!!- [Cave] Damned if you do, damned if you don't... (Bronze)

34. Grazing in the grass~- [IF] You think you'll just rest here for awhile... (Bronze)

35. Was it worth it?- [Cave] Who knew failing to succeed could lead to such a successful failure? (Bronze)

36. They duel.- [Reunion] That's what they do. (Bronze)

37. Five Star classic!- [Reunion] One love... One blood... One life... (Bronze)

38. CONGLATURATION !!!- [Reunion] Achieve failure... through victory! (Bronze)

39. Buzzkill- [Reunion] With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (Bronze)

40. "W-Why Cavey, this is so sudden!"- [4] Think about one person 10 times in a row. (Bronze)

41. Just what do you think you're doing, Cave?- [4] I'm sorry, Cave. I'm afraid I can't do that. (Bronze)

42. "Nobody can tell what I suffer!"- [5] "But it is always so. Those who do not complain are never pitied." (Bronze)

43. Uh... Yeah, She's Dead.- [9] Take over 20 turns during "Ticking Clock". (Bronze)

44. You're... doing it... WRONG!- [9] Take 15 seconds between each beat of the chest. (Bronze)

45. I like killing them softly.- [11] Touch 'Jimbo'! (Bronze)

46. Two Wrongs, don't make a Right...- [11] Sneak through the inside of the Basilicom while utterly failing two reaction commands. (Bronze)

47. Three Rights, make a Left...- [11] Survive the sneaking sequence while preferring the right. (Bronze)

48. "I am a patient, patient Goddess..."- [11] Make a decision... and rethink it 10 times. (Bronze)

49. Overheat- [11] Sometimes our biggest idols turn out to be the biggest monsters. (Bronze)

50. A Lesson in Markz Management... SAVOR it!- [13] Contemplate Markz Phenix's fate for a good minute... then do the obvious anyways. (Bronze)

51. What can you say about THAT GOAL?- [???] Lose the coin-toss. Sometimes you have to accept you can't win all the time. (Bronze)

52. Convection Schmonvection- [?????] As Markz, think of all possible options when the warehouse is on fire... and wait for a minute before moving on. (Bronze)

53. Spelling Diety- Found one! Why is this here? To cover the author's ass and make any others seem intentional? (Bronze)

54. We're not animators!- Admire hard work over three months in the making. You're welcome. (Bronze)

55. All Sales are Final!- [11] Kill the Warrior... and then choose to surrender within 5 seconds of the next choice appearing. (Bronze)
Author of deconstructive HDN fanfics such as Much Ado About Nothing and beyond.

NEW!: - Measure for Measure -Cave Vs. IF- (The fangame)
- Time Goes By

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Wed May 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Ghostdominion6 wrote:Measure for Measure -Cave Vs. IF- (Coming Summer 2016)

Minimum number of playthroughs: A lot

Spoiler:
ayy les gow
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

BlasterKyubey210
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby BlasterKyubey210 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Mmm, anyone remember "Heroes of Might and Magic" or something like that, maybe "Warlock: Masters of Arcane"

With that thought said, a 4X Spinoff of Neptunia based on those two games could be nice to see, if only with some interesting condictions:

Premise: Planeptune, Lowee, Lastation, Leanbox, and the Romalus Empire are known as the 5 Great Nations of Gamarket, and their struggles for shares endure thoughout the years, even though Warfare is usually NOT part of the deal (Exceptions exist, such as ASIC but oh well)... but this is not their story, the battle to the top, or in the case of Romalus, the struggle to survive...

Instead you are commanding one of the lesser Nations, those with their own struggles, until the discovery of Souls exist, as well as new CPU Memories, that perhaps it takes an Adventure like you to bring a lesser Nation to become one of the Great Ones... or perhaps end the system once and for all.

Gameplay Elements: It's you, and 12 other Nations competing for Prestige, and of the groups, 5 have quite the headstart on you and you're basically playing catch-up. The elements of Civlization and such remain there, with you founding your first city (hopefully also not started surrounded), exploring the lands of Gamarket, and hopefully negotating for peace, or get into painful wars with them.

Battle Mode is based on a revision of "Heroes of Might and Magic 4", where posistioning and stradigy save the day mostly, as thousands of thousands of soldiers, monsters and related yahoos run around the battlefield, while Generals and other Heroes join in the fray themselves. THe Rules haven't changed that much but the injuries can be ravenous, let's just say...

City Management has you building Improvements and upgrades to your troops as well as hiring new Heroes to join the team

Souls are power: Within your Adventures, you might find powerful Souls, used to absorb to your units to "evolve" them into diffrent forms or as a form of Resurrecting these fallen Legendary Heroes, these Einherjar, though it is not the only way to use these things...

One other use is Forging Legendary Weapons, to turn the tide of battle around, via offering Souls to the Forge as well as weapon material, while they have other uses in the form of Soul Arts, magic using the properties of each soul as well as casting powerful spells not found anywhere else...

Finally, Souls can be used in conjuction with a unique Improvement, the Well of Souls, to be used for leverage and... dangerious magic.

Calamity Souls relatedly are a subgroup of fallen Antagonists, these harbringers of disaster... these Souls might be the leverage you need to win by Conquest, as it is...

A path to Victory is paved with pain: There are essentially several ways to win, and a few ways to get screwed from time to time:
  • Prestige: After 1000 in-game turns, the simulation ends, and which nation has the highest Prestige score wins... the most common and yet difficult to win due to the headstart Lowee, Planeptune, Leanbox, Lastation and Romalus Empire have against you.
  • Technological Transendence: Research "Transendent AI", a hyper-advanced Technology at the very end of the tree, creating a true AI Deterrant against all oppposition. This is slightly easier, but mostly involves stalling for Tech deals
  • Spiritual Transendence: To become a new Einherjar Soul, you must forge a Hero who's Soul Level is rated Legendary (by winning battles and spending Soul Points to boost their Hero Value), and perform the Ritual of Transendence, a very difficult magic ritual.
  • Federational Unity: Form a Lasting Alliance and remove all other rivals until your alliance is the sole one left.
  • Conquest: Perhaps the hardest of them all, you must Eliminate all other Nations and perform certain dangerious actions to perhaps gain the needed momentum to bring down the Great 5, the first step gaining the needed Prestige to become a Great Nation first. The really hard part is but a simple question "How do you bring down a deity?"

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”