Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Postby Rednal » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:19 pm

There are times when I wonder if Anonydeath is actually a CPU... but yeah, they seem pretty set on keeping it all-girls. And in fairness, that seems to be working. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Aushria wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:
Aushria wrote:A handful of Japanese fans would likely revolt. That is all that has ever been required of anyone to say in this thread. The story is not tailored for it and they'd have to rework a good majority of the core story-telling method to even accommodate it. Simply put, it's not even feasible to think of, Compile Heart wouldn't make the jump and we know darn well that fans would never be fully receptive of a change like that.

Would you be willing to explain why the story is not tailored for male CPUs at all? Cause from my perspective...it's never been tailored to be gender exclusive in the first place.

*Clears throat* It has been stated a multitude of times; by Mizuno and Compile Heart both, that the basis of every story for Neptunia is—
"Cute girls doing Cute things."

Game. Set. Match.

The formula, the basis and the very whole of Neptune's story telling is about girls being girls while being the deities/heroes. Unless we get a trap or an overtly flamboyant homosexual male character; as Japan loves those stereotypes, you would be hard-pressed to shoe-horn male CPUs into the picture unless you toss aside the entire premise of which the story itself is based upon.

I wouldn't say it's the most obvious core at first. The first game had room to experiment. And it didn't need to add in those male villains in MK2. So status quo is quite frankly a bullshit excuse for them to avoid anything. And considering America just recently made gay marriage legal, why not make a homsexuality male? And considering it's still subtext, though not as much as some other series, it doesn't even need to be strictly a homsexuality male. I just don't want to see one made to be some pussies butt monkey who exists only to imply to certain players of their... "Worth". Let alone it only being one. Player characters or not, having them mostly be villains gets boring REAL fast. Either don't include them In any bigger role outside of NPC or don't make so abhorrent most of the time. Not everyone had to be written off the beginning as being like Mister Badd. He could have just been an attendant to Blanc who just had some
Spoiler:
daughters and a request for then to be saved

Or just make em have decent roles without shoe horning sudden backstabbing into them for stupid reasons.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Draxzelex
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Draxzelex » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Reading through this thread and I'm surprised how many ppl r taking this a bit too seriously. C'mon guys, CH reads the threads from time to time but I highly doubt they're going to adopt this thread as one of their new ideas...right? RIGHT?!

*Sometime in the future*

"...and now introducing the fourth male CPU, Grey Heart!"

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm

Draxzelex wrote:Reading through this thread and I'm surprised how many ppl r taking this a bit too seriously. C'mon guys, CH reads the threads from time to time but I highly doubt they're going to adopt this thread as one of their new ideas...right? RIGHT?!

*Sometime in the future*

"...and now introducing the fourth male CPU, Grey Heart!"

Human form, young toddler. CPU form... Old man who attacks with a tank of oxygen. And the slowest of em all. Grey Heart.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Player characters or not, having them mostly be villains gets boring REAL fast. Either don't include them In any bigger role outside of NPC or don't make so abhorrent most of the time. Not everyone had to be written off the beginning as being like Mister Badd.

This is the role of males characters in this series. My suggestion of a homosexual male as a cast member was in jest, as I know that Compile Heart would play it for laughs regardless of how serious is. However, as it now stands, the series overall premise is "Cute Girls doing Cute Things". We can't refute that, especially when it oozes from almost every scene in V and V II they way it does.

Throwing a male CPU into the mix would in fact destroy this entire setup.

Makers? Sure.
Assistants? Why not!
Non-Romatic Partners? GO ahead.
CPUs? Absolutely not.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Aushria wrote:
Player characters or not, having them mostly be villains gets boring REAL fast. Either don't include them In any bigger role outside of NPC or don't make so abhorrent most of the time. Not everyone had to be written off the beginning as being like Mister Badd.

This is the role of males characters in this series. My suggestion of a homosexual male as a cast member was in jest, as I know that Compile Heart would play it for laughs regardless of how serious is. However, as it now stands, the series overall premise is "Cute Girls doing Cute Things". We can't refute that, especially when it oozes from almost every scene in V and V II they way it does.

Throwing a male CPU into the mix would in fact destroy this entire setup.

Makers? Sure.
Assistants? Why not!
Non-Romatic Partners? GO ahead.
CPUs? Absolutely not.

But isn't this series supposed to be for shits and giggles? Doesn't mean they have to be one kind of shits and giggles depending. And I shall not rest until Draxzelex's mighty Grey Heart is brought in! In all his baby gone Old codger glory!

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 pm

I know you're joking around, but my replies have been to refute those who are taking this thread seriously.
Honestly, it is just not feasible with Compile Heart at the helm. You'd be more justified asking or speculating about a spin-off, since those are scarcely ever developed internally and would allow for such a scenario to unfold.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Aushria wrote:I know you're joking around, but my replies have been to refute those who are taking this thread seriously.
Honestly, it is just not feasible with Compile Heart at the helm. You'd be more justified asking or speculating about a spin-off, since those are scarcely ever developed internally and would allow for such a scenario to unfold.

I was joking about the Grey Heart. Males in the game's in general are what in serious about. I do t give a shit really if they're CPU's or Makers or a new kind of character type like transforming armor or some shit.

Just so long as they're not the same old stale villain type or douchebag back stabber types who backstabbing over someone having superior tits.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 am

DragonKingKaiser wrote:
Aushria wrote:I know you're joking around, but my replies have been to refute those who are taking this thread seriously.

I was joking about the Grey Heart. Males in the game's in general are what in serious about. I do t give a shit really if they're CPU's or Makers or a new kind of character type like transforming armor or some shit.

Just so long as they're not the same old stale villain type or douchebag back stabber types who backstabbing over someone having superior tits.

I must say, you are giving the male characters a rather bad rap here. Mr. Badd was a very likable character. He screwed up, but we all screw up at least at one point in our lives (often at many points in our lives), but it's how a person reacts to those screwups that shows what kind of person they are. And Mr. Badd seriously turned things around, and was very likable by the end. V II does a pretty good job with its male villains too. CH hasn't really villified guys recently. Ever since Mk2 actually. You can't go on about the spinoffs/remakes, because those were handled by someone else.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 am

I really doubt CH had as little input in the spinoffs/remakes as some suggest, but either way, the topic doesn't specify exclusively-CH-made games or not to begin with, so... Just throwing that out there.

I still don't think it would happen even in a spinoff, mind, not even with a Maker, but still. The male villains have all been fairly likable characters from MK2 onwards, and RB1 had a likable handful of male characters on the side that weren't villains at all.

If you want to have your power fantasy male dominance whatever, just play something else.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:28 am

Seventh wrote: RB1 had a likable handful of male characters on the side that weren't villains at all.

True.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 am

vampko wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:

I must say, you are giving the male characters a rather bad rap here. Mr. Badd was a very likable character. He screwed up, but we all screw up at least at one point in our lives (often at many points in our lives), but it's how a person reacts to those screwups that shows what kind of person they are. And Mr. Badd seriously turned things around, and was very likable by the end. V II does a pretty good job with its male villains too. CH hasn't really villified guys recently. Ever since Mk2 actually. You can't go on about the spinoffs/remakes, because those were handled by someone else.

I must say you give them too much credit and forget that they aren't some forced victims who were forced to be evil. Got it? Very likeable is subjective, and hardly means one thing. Entertaining may be something. But I do t have to sit back and just say that I like every male in this series let alone the way they handle them.

Either keep them out of the main plot or just stop giving then such backstabbing natures. I've got every right to ask for the that if others have the right to ask for the opposite.

Since MK2? So you forgot about Anonydeath for the convenience of the hate argument? Forgot about the fact that only Brave and Copypaste were the least villainous of the villains and that one was killed off and the other was made to be a servant to the one who killed him in the first place?

What part of better portrays do you not understand? There is no such thing as the perfect portrayal unless you think male portray should always be the way they are in the series. And there's no such thing. There is always room for improvement and the males portrayal are probably the least improved by large.

A balanced set of types of characters for either gender is a far more versatile set than always having some kind of backstabbing nature to anyone that comes along for stupid reasons like worshipping bigger and bigger tits or for being so greedy for power that they abduct people.

And when talking about male power fantasies as an excuse to deny someone an argument, you really lose credibility. It doesn't ask for male dominance to ask for better portrays of males. So get that through your heads plz. Tumblr isn't a place to look to for what constitutes an argument considering they love to use that phrase.

You can't just chock down an argument to a simple power fantasy. Otherwise people can say the same simplistic things about your own desires.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:46 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:I must say you give them too much credit and forget that they aren't some forced victims who were forced to be evil

When did I ever say they were "forced to be evil"? I said they screwed up. People do evil things. But when a person turns around and does everything they can to try and atone for what they did, I can't really say they were portrayed bad.
DragonKingKaiser wrote:Anonydeath

Not touching that subject matter
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 pm

There's nothing wrong with Anonydeath or how males have been utilized in the series up to this point, save maybe for one certain game, and even then, the male itself was less the problem, just the length of the game and how it was utilized there.

Regardless, this series does not exist in a vacuum and in fact is very aware of what kinds of other games are out there and the kind of experience they want to provide that will set them apart from their competition.

If you so desperately can't stand women being at the forefront of something, if pairing subtext of a nature that is arguable at best is so problematic that a man needs to be inserted to "fix" it, and if the idea of entertaining villains is something incomprehensible to you when those villains are men, all in a series of games clearly not taking itself seriously, then this is likely not at all the series for you.

DKK, none of your posts consider what CH is parodying, what kinds of jokes they're trying to make, or what they're referencing. All the things that make this series what it is, all the things that go into it, all the creativity and thought - I rarely see you ever consider it. Sure, not many people do, but you in particular seem to have one thing in mind here, and I do not get why. All you're obsessing over is this non-issue of the poor, underrepresented men, and it's the same thing you've been complaining about since you joined this board.

At some point you just have to accept reality.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 pm

*Glances in*

Don't forget the male Basilicom staff members, who are generally portrayed as both well-liked and helpful. It's not like ALL guys are villains here. There's also the Scouts in the series, the males of whom are portrayed pretty much exactly the same as the females (and the animals, and everything else the Scouts can be).
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”