Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Seventh wrote:There's nothing wrong with Anonydeath or how males have been utilized in the series up to this point, save maybe for one certain game, and even then, the male itself was less the problem, just the length of the game and how it was utilized there.

Regardless, this series does not exist in a vacuum and in fact is very aware of what kinds of other games are out there and the kind of experience they want to provide that will set them apart from their competition.

If you so desperately can't stand women being at the forefront of something, if pairing subtext of a nature that is arguable at best is so problematic that a man needs to be inserted to "fix" it, and if the idea of entertaining villains is something incomprehensible to you when those villains are men, all in a series of games clearly not taking itself seriously, then this is likely not at all the series for you.

DKK, none of your posts consider what CH is parodying, what kinds of jokes they're trying to make, or what they're referencing. All the things that make this series what it is, all the things that go into it, all the creativity and thought - I rarely see you ever consider it. Sure, not many people do, but you in particular seem to have one thing in mind here, and I do not get why. All you're obsessing over is this non-issue of the poor, underrepresented men, and it's the same thing you've been complaining about since you joined this board.

At some point you just have to accept reality.

At some point you have to stop and think, when does a parody excuse trying to deny a person's right to ask for a better portrayal of characters? Since when is it asking for a forefront to ask for better portrays? I guess since pee lose all sense of literary skill.

At some point you end up calling out people on complete lies. At what point do I have to believe what you believe is creative about this series? At what point does "I think it has some creative things" Mena I have to believe in what you think is creative and what isn't?

All you're doing is looking at the words male portrayals and obsessing over keeping them out of the forefront and accusing other people of asking things you've got no place arguing over when they never asked directly and strictly for a forefront role. Some are asking for a non villain or backstabbing role of any sort. Some are asking for characters like
Spoiler:
the brothers not not be a bunch of perverts whp back stab over bigger tits on the opposing side.
Keep the slanderish comments out of an argument if you don't care to know what the hell someone is debating.

And if you dont even know the meaning of male power fantasies then keep words you hears out of it.

None of your posts consider the fact that nothing is perfect and that asking for something to be better portrayed is not a demand for a sudden turn into a completely outlandish direction such as having males at the complete forefront. Non of your posts even consider the idea that maybe you don't know that they're even trying to parody some phantom type of game that supposedly exists. An all female cast isn't a parody. Nor is an all female cast with a majority of asshole males and villains a parody or a necessity. It's a core. Not a status quo. A core is what keeps it alive without anything else. Not what makes it improve.

Anything cam potentially improve a series if handled the right way. And there's no such thing as asking for a feakin attempt.

And quite frankly I'm tired of the same old excuse that they can't handle it the right way. It loses its merit when you repeat it over and over again like a joke that wasn't funny the first time

So either don't give them bigger roles outside chirper events, scouts, and random passerbys, or don't make all the more prominent ones seems like they have a mental case. Is that some kind of rocket science?

If you can't debate without making assumptions about other people's arguments with no bases then drop out bruh.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:16 pm

Rednal wrote:*Glances in*

Don't forget the male Basilicom staff members, who are generally portrayed as both well-liked and helpful. It's not like ALL guys are villains here. There's also the Scouts in the series, the males of whom are portrayed pretty much exactly the same as the females (and the animals, and everything else the Scouts can be).

That's kind of digging around about fifty feet below where the bottom of the barrel used to be, though.

DragonKingKaiser, I have to say you're being rather obnoxious. Please try to reel it in a bit. Preferably more than a bit but I'll suffice for just a bit.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:32 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:At some point you have to stop and think, when does a parody excuse trying to deny a person's right to ask for a better portrayal of characters? Since when is it asking for a forefront to ask for better portrays? I guess since pee lose all sense of literary skill.

If you can't debate without making assumptions about other people's arguments with no bases then drop out bruh.
I think these two sections pretty much cover it.

Maybe run that by us again, but with a little more self-awareness and a little less assumptions and putting-words-in-other-peoples'-mouths-that-they-didn't-say?

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:54 pm

Seventh wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:At some point you have to stop and think, when does a parody excuse trying to deny a person's right to ask for a better portrayal of characters? Since when is it asking for a forefront to ask for better portrays? I guess since pee lose all sense of literary skill.

I think these two sections pretty much cover it.

Maybe run that by us again, but with a little more self-awareness and a little less assumptions and putting-words-in-other-peoples'-mouths-that-they-didn't-say?

Seventh wrote:I really doubt CH had as little input in the spinoffs/remakes as some suggest, but either way, the topic doesn't specify exclusively-CH-made games or not to begin with, so... Just throwing that out there.

I still don't think it would happen even in a spinoff, mind, not even with a Maker, but still. The male villains have all been fairly likable characters from MK2 onwards, and RB1 had a likable handful of male characters on the side that weren't villains at all.

If you want to have your power fantasy male dominance whatever, just play something else.

Seventh wrote:There's nothing wrong with Anonydeath or how males have been utilized in the series up to this point, save maybe for one certain game, and even then, the male itself was less the problem, just the length of the game and how it was utilized there.

Regardless, this series does not exist in a vacuum and in fact is very aware of what kinds of other games are out there and the kind of experience they want to provide that will set them apart from their competition.

If you so desperately can't stand women being at the forefront of something, if pairing subtext of a nature that is arguable at best is so problematic that a man needs to be inserted to "fix" it, and if the idea of entertaining villains is something incomprehensible to you when those villains are men, all in a series of games clearly not taking itself seriously, then this is likely not at all the series for you.

DKK, none of your posts consider what CH is parodying, what kinds of jokes they're trying to make, or what they're referencing. All the things that make this series what it is, all the things that go into it, all the creativity and thought - I rarely see you ever consider it. Sure, not many people do, but you in particular seem to have one thing in mind here, and I do not get why. All you're obsessing over is this non-issue of the poor, underrepresented men, and it's the same thing you've been complaining about since you joined this board.

At some point you just have to accept reality.

I suggest you look over your own comment first. Then run by your stuff by me again after you learn the difference.

Get a mirror bruh, and look. Or drop out if you can't see what you type yourself.

I suggest you just quit trying to tell other people what they're asking for when your comments don't even match up with what everyone is talking about.
Last edited by DragonKingKaiser on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:55 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:I suggest you look over your own comment first. Then run by your stuff by me again after you learn the difference.

Get a mirror bruh, and look. Or drop out of you can't see what you type yourself.

I suggest you just quit trying to tell other people what they're asking for when your comments don't even match up with what everyone is talking about.

DragonKingKaiser, I suggest you practice the same. Enough of the hostilities.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:I suggest you look over your own comment first. Then run by your stuff by me again after you learn the difference.

Get a mirror bruh, and look. Or drop out of you can't see what you type yourself.

DragonKingKaiser, I suggest you practice the same. Enough of the hostilities.

How bout you just find me a reason to think his comments aren't offensive in the slightest? I have every right to be offended by baseless accusations of wanting some male power fantasy and someone trying to accuse me of hating women being at the forefront.

Basically calling someone a misogynist.

I'm not here to argue about political correctness. I'm here to get some answers on why someone thinks they have the right to spew anything and expect people not get offended in the slightest.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:04 pm

So, uh...I mean, I guess male CPU's can exist...I guess. I would prefer if they were to stay exclusively female however, something to do with the mystique of the title/power or something. I already mentioned the whole "guys accidentally get power, get corrupted by the power because they can't handle it" concept a few pages back, so I guess I'll stay by that. Still, if the creators don't want to, that's that in the end.

Holy shit, 800 posts. Why do I still come here? Oh well...
Spoiler:

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:09 pm

xnobody13 wrote:So, uh...I mean, I guess male CPU's can exist...I guess. I would prefer if they were to stay exclusively female however, something to do with the mystique of the title/power or something. I already mentioned the whole "guys accidentally get power, get corrupted by the power because they can't handle it" concept a few pages back, so I guess I'll stay by that. Still, if the creators don't want to, that's that in the end.

Holy shit, 800 posts. Why do I still come here? Oh well...

Nothing naturally wrong with it staying as it is for now. But improving on possible areas of the game is never wrong. Progression always beats status quo. Least by how some "Feminists" ideals go by.

And CPU'S don't have to be the type of character. It could be male anything so long as it's a progression and not the same old same old.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:12 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:I suggest you just quit trying to tell other people what they're asking for when your comments don't even match up with what everyone is talking about.
Yes, I can see that there are some specific things I said that you replied to. The difference is that you took them out of context, ignored what I was actually saying by saying them, and are adding a significant amount to them that was not said here.

I will say it again. Whenever this conversation comes up, all you have done since joining this forum has been complain that this series is not the specific way you want it to be. This is far beyond people not agreeing with how Compile Heart handles their premise or that they could do what they do better - you refuse to accept their premise and series for what it is in the first place, and insist that they need to change it for you. This isn't even about the topic of the thread anymore. This thread should ultimately just be a yes or no question, not about what kind of "portrays" the male characters of the series have, or how it's such an "injustice" that they happen to be villains.

I am trying to be as civil as I can here with you, but you have been acting unreasonable about this topic for months now, insulting multiple people and making wildly inaccurate and unnecessary generalizations all along the way. Just look at how you're replying here - "get out bruh" and all? This isn't 4chan. Hell, I can't imagine people would give that the time of day there.

DragonKingKaiser wrote:baseless accusations of wanting some male power fantasy and someone trying to accuse me of hating women being at the forefront
Dude. You have been complaining about a series of predominantly women not given men fair "portrays" for months, you complain about any hint of possible romantic subtext between the female characters and take immense issue with any fan who might enjoy that, you often reduce all the female characterization in this female dominated series series to "waifu pandering" and the like, you regularly bring up the fact that there aren't men in this series or that the men in this series are villains or aren't noble superheroes on a frequent basis - the list goes on and on.

This is hardly baseless. This entire conversation is base in itself. This is what I mean by being more self-aware.

xnobody13 wrote:Still, if the creators don't want to, that's that in the end.
That really should be the end of it. As of now, the series is about concepts brought to life in the form of girls.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Seventh wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:I suggest you just quit trying to tell other people what they're asking for when your comments don't even match up with what everyone is talking about.
Yes, I can see that there are some specific things I said that you replied to. The difference is that you took them out of context, ignored what I was actually saying by saying them, and are adding a significant amount to them that was not said here.

I will say it again. Whenever this conversation comes up, all you have done since joining this forum has been complain that this series is not the specific way you want it to be. This is far beyond people not agreeing with how Compile Heart handles their premise or that they could do what they do better - you refuse to accept their premise and series for what it is in the first place, and insist that they need to change it for you. This isn't even about the topic of the thread anymore. This thread should ultimately just be a yes or no question, not about what kind of "portrays" the male characters of the series have, or how it's such an "injustice" that they happen to be villains.

I am trying to be as civil as I can here with you, but you have been acting unreasonable about this topic for months now, insulting multiple people and making wildly inaccurate and unnecessary generalizations all along the way. Just look at how you're replying here - "get out bruh" and all? This isn't 4chan. Hell, I can't imagine people would give that the time of day there.

DragonKingKaiser wrote:baseless accusations of wanting some male power fantasy and someone trying to accuse me of hating women being at the forefront
Dude. You have been complaining about a series of predominantly women not given men fair "portrays" for months, you complain about any hint of possible romantic subtext between the female characters and take immense issue with any fan who might enjoy that, you often reduce all the female characterization in this female dominated series series to "waifu pandering" and the like, you regularly bring up the fact that there aren't men in this series or that the men in this series are villains or aren't noble superheroes on a frequent basis - the list goes on and on.

This is hardly baseless. This entire conversation is base in itself. This is what I mean by being more self-aware.

xnobody13 wrote:Still, if the creators don't want to, that's that in the end.
That really should be the end of it. As of now, the series is about concepts brought to life in the form of girls.

And all I've done is ask for an improvement.

All you've done, as I've shown by quoting the whole of your comments, is accuse me of misogynistic attitudes towards the series ever since I had a disagreement with you on the subject. So look on your own past.

Ever since joining this forum I've been accused of baseless bullshit.

I quoted your whole comments. Accusing me of not being able to stand seein women at the forefront?

Quit frothing at the mouth when someone disagrees. I've done nothing that says I can't stand seeing them at the forefront or anything of the sort. You've done nothing but accuse me of stuff like this. You're baseless in your accusations. I have nothing to apologize for when everyone else pretty much says shit like this series is about waifus and yuri. So don't fuck with me about that bullshit that every single person on this forum talks shit about. You've got no place condemning me for the consensus people spew out. Time and time again I see you getting mad over stuff plenty of other people say as if you're some authority over their opinions. Even when you've said the same thing.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:24 pm

xnobody13 wrote:Holy shit, 800 posts. Why do I still come here? Oh well...

I have a bit over 4 times the amount you have and I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:25 pm

There are definitely waifus and yuri in this series.

PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Rednal wrote:I'll hold off on commenting about the waifus... but there's definitely yuri.

Whether someone says subtext or not, RED IS THERE. Good enough to say it's there.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:

I have a bit over 4 times the amount you have and I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

I've been asking myself that for a long time, yet I have around 3800 posts and it's still rising. And that's even with taking several breaks from the forum that last weeks to months at a time.

I just can't seem to just leave and not come back.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:

'Cause we love you, Koop. :oops:

shadowmaksim wrote:I've been asking myself that for a long time, yet I have around 3800 posts and it's still rising. And that's even with taking several breaks from the forum that last weeks to months at a time.

I just can't seem to just leave and not come back.
You too, believe it or not. ;)

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”