Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Tech
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Who thinks there should be male CPUs?

Postby Tech » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:10 pm

vampko wrote:
Seventh wrote:In an alternate universe that only consisted of dudes, I'd try it, but otherwise, I just don't think CH could do it well.

If they could then that's one thing, but they've yet to even begin to make that seem possible, so nah.

I'd just rather they stop bloating the cast and get to working with what they have. Of course, new villains would be ever so welcome. Please someone take away Arfoire's role....

^This. I would love to see more foucs on Noire & K-Sha (Please CH make them a canon couple..even if I know this most likely would never happen ). If there another game after VII.

The main series game doesn't need any Male CPUs or any spin-off games with Male CPUs. Never saw why people always say this game NEEDS male CPUs, I never read anyone explaining how adding them will actually improve the series. The only reasons I hear from people wanting male CPUs is because game need more of gender equal cast, we have to just have add the one guy into a group of females, or for shit and giggles.

Just like when people say nearly all women in Neptunia hate men lol. Yet despite all of this male hatred in the game. The only example I see people ever come up with is when Noire reminded everyone that Annoydeath was a dude. Really?

Anyhow. The game is fine without Male CPUs.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:26 pm

vampko wrote:
Seventh wrote:In an alternate universe that only consisted of dudes, I'd try it, but otherwise, I just don't think CH could do it well.

If they could then that's one thing, but they've yet to even begin to make that seem possible, so nah.

I'd just rather they stop bloating the cast and get to working with what they have. Of course, new villains would be ever so welcome. Please someone take away Arfoire's role....
I'm fine with cast growth if they actually use the additions rather than cycling in new people for the same four to eight or so to interact with every game. There's no reason it can't work, but them just swapping out who the new people are every game certainly won't work.

To that end, part of me still thinks deep down the series would benefit most from the more traditional idea of just rebooting every game, but I think we're so far down this rabbit hole it's too late to go back and do the sensible thing. So making what we've got now work is what we're gonna do.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Seventh wrote:
To that end, part of me still thinks deep down the series would benefit most from the more traditional idea of just rebooting every game, but I think we're so far down this rabbit hole it's too late to go back and do the sensible thing. So making what we've got now work is what we're gonna do.

Sadly true. All the "what could've beens" this would've eventually led to, wasted. But hey, what's past has past. Wonder what CH has in store for the next main Nep game? Hope they keep Stemax
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 am

Seventh wrote:I'm fine with cast growth if they actually use the additions rather than cycling in new people for the same four to eight or so to interact with every game. There's no reason it can't work, but them just swapping out who the new people are every game certainly won't work.

Well, the cast has been growing too much to feasibly use without making a game that lasts hundreds of hours. That's why I think they need to slow down and work on what they have, then start growing the cast again.

Seventh wrote:To that end, part of me still thinks deep down the series would benefit most from the more traditional idea of just rebooting every game, but I think we're so far down this rabbit hole it's too late to go back and do the sensible thing. So making what we've got now work is what we're gonna do.

I really hope that's what they're planning. I really don't want to see what V II has brought to the table shelved like Plutia and Peashy.

V II brought about a lot of really interesting relationships (not just ships xD), and it would be sad to see them go to waste.

It'd also be interesting to have a villain that's just a villain again. Nothing really about befriending/redeeming them. Could make for quite the story, considering how the cast tends to treat "villains". Would throw a wrench that they weren't exactly equipped to deal with. And a male CPU could be just that.

Course, it's not like people who actually want a male CPU would be happy with that. They'd be angry more likely. Sometimes it's nice to have a Lucas Blight though. The game industry needs more of those.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 am

All I need is new characters called Blue Heart, Pink Heart and Red Heart. Please.
Also, I want to see Rei again.
Hear me out! This line will stay in my sig until Compile Heart adds Red Heart,
Blue Heart, Pink Heart and Green Sister to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series!

Draxzelex
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Draxzelex » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 pm

should there be male CPUs? i dont rlly see much reason why not. but should is a bit of a strong word. i prefer can.
should CH put in male CPUs?
Spoiler:
:lol:

Dumbrarere
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dumbrarere » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:58 am

would my Paladin-Knight idea count? A CPU having a husband to be their shield sounds good, someone to protect them when things go wrong, or they find themselves unable to fight. Otherwise... I guess a male CPU would be a rare thing. I would imagine males having to meet different requirements than females to be a CPU.
Don't mind my avatar... All the Neptunia-related or Lucky Star-related pics are too large. (# ̄ω ̄)
"I remember looking outside and seeing a red sky, with everything else on fire. Either I was in hell, or it was just another Tuesday." - xnobody13

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:07 am

This is a game series about badass moe girls, so the idea of similar males on near or equal footing with the goddesses just betrays one of the series main premises. iow, this is very unlikely to happen or ever happen.

Discussion done.
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:20 am

Lan-kun wrote:This is a game series about badass moe girls, so the idea of similar males on near or equal footing with the goddesses just betrays one of the series main premises. iow, this is very unlikely to happen or ever happen.

Discussion done.

Problem is that males do it pretty often, giant robots or no. Hell, for all their plot armour, CPUs are kind of underpowered and there are no shortage of things that can face them on equal or greater footing.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:30 am

Porecomesis wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:This is a game series about badass moe girls, so the idea of similar males on near or equal footing with the goddesses just betrays one of the series main premises. iow, this is very unlikely to happen or ever happen.

Discussion done.

Problem is that males do it pretty often, giant robots or no. Hell, for all their plot armour, CPUs are kind of underpowered and there are no shortage of things that can face them on equal or greater footing.

Another thing that has been on my nerves for quite a long time.

They're supposed to be divine beings, yet it seems that even company-made machinations are capable of handing their booties to them. I need a canon game where their statuses as the goddesses of Gamindustri are firmly followed.

Spoiler:
Wait a minute. Tech surpassing even Nature (the goddesses)? What is CH implying...? :o
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 am

Lan-kun wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

Discussion done.

They're supposed to be divine beings, yet it seems that even company-made machinations are capable of handing their booties to them. I need a canon game where their statuses as the goddesses of Gamindustri are firmly followed.

Spoiler:
Wait a minute. Tech surpassing even Nature (the goddesses)? What is CH implying...? :o

There's always been reason for everything. Remember that they're only as strong as the faith in them. If faith is weak, then they're weak. Generally why most of the plots involve the faith in them being assaulted. They are divine beings that rely upon worshippers to keep them "divine".
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Hm... Never thought of it that way! Thanks for some insight, vamp. :D
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:00 pm

vampko wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

Discussion done.

Spoiler:

There's always been reason for everything. Remember that they're only as strong as the faith in them. If faith is weak, then they're weak. Generally why most of the plots involve the faith in them being assaulted. They are divine beings that rely upon worshippers to keep them "divine".

Even at their best, though, they're not that strong.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
vampko wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

Discussion done.

Spoiler:

Even at their best, though, they're not that strong.

Every single example of them "at their best" they are basically untouchable. This is seen in scenes where the characters are suddenly given a huge share of faith. Recall, that amount of faith is pretty close to what they can do when they haven't lost shares to something or other. There's also the whole, the "evil" side seems to work on its own "faith" system. Another large part of the games' stories. I mean that "Arfoire" share isn't there because of purely gameplay reasons. That's showing how much faith they've acquired.

There's some other more spoilery reasons that show how "divine" the goddesses are, but I'd rather avoid getting too deep into that on this topic.
Lan-kun wrote:Hm... Never thought of it that way! Thanks for some insight, vamp. :D

All of this insight came from playing V II. I dunno if the religious stuff is still in-tact in the localized version, but it was like an entirely different world to me when I played V II. I never realized how steeped in religion the games were before (because localization has gone to great efforts to stamp it out. Likely to avoid issues that could very well arise). Not to say there are no links to the game industry, but it's a lot more based on religion than I think most people here realize. It's funny how changing a few keywords can so completely change the meaning of something.

And I've lost my train of thought....
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:44 pm

vampko wrote:There's some other more spoilery reasons that show how "divine" the goddesses are, but I'd rather avoid getting too deep into that on this topic.

Then why bring it up?

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”