Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby vertical09 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm

killer9i1994 wrote:The scarcity of voiced scenes in the dub is profound. There's, what, maybe one voiced scene for every 10+ cutscenes? This is worse than Victory. Here I was thinking that IFI would extend the dub budget a bit considering this is the next big Neptunia game. At least I can go and replay the unvoiced scenes with the JP voices later, but really the only scenes that I care about being voiced are the ones in which
Spoiler:
Uzume starts daydreaming and reverts back to her "true self" and is super fucking cute. She sounds adorable in both the dub and JP when she does that.

I also wish I could turn off enemies voices. Hearing enemies scream at me every time they move, get hurt, etc is really obnoxious. All that aside though, I'm really enjoying the game so far. Uzume is fantastic.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping IFI would treat Neptunia better budget wise. Guess not :(

And yes the enemy voices are pretty annoying. If was cool at first, but got old really fast.

Well, stuff like that aside, love all the English voices so far :3
Image
Image

User avatar
kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby kosmos » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:34 pm

vertical09 wrote:
killer9i1994 wrote:The scarcity of voiced scenes in the dub is profound. There's, what, maybe one voiced scene for every 10+ cutscenes? This is worse than Victory. Here I was thinking that IFI would extend the dub budget a bit considering this is the next big Neptunia game. At least I can go and replay the unvoiced scenes with the JP voices later, but really the only scenes that I care about being voiced are the ones in which
Spoiler:
Uzume starts daydreaming and reverts back to her "true self" and is super fucking cute. She sounds adorable in both the dub and JP when she does that.

I also wish I could turn off enemies voices. Hearing enemies scream at me every time they move, get hurt, etc is really obnoxious. All that aside though, I'm really enjoying the game so far. Uzume is fantastic.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping IFI would treat Neptunia better budget wise. Guess not :(

And yes the enemy voices are pretty annoying. If was cool at first, but got old really fast.

Well, stuff like that aside, love all the English voices so far :3


I feel like with us continuing to buy the games, we just give them more incentive to not do their best since we'll still bite(stuff like me waiting for my $90 LE to be delivered definitely isnt helping. :lol: )

I feel like if the games were boycotted and their sales plumetted and we let them to believe is was because of the lack of dubbing, they might increase the amount.
They seem to be making more and more money from the franchise, but we keep getting less and less dubbed work.
I don't like it, but its not like I'm helping the cause here. :)
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby kosmos » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Package received. Wallet empty.

Pictures.
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2498
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby killer9i1994 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Still kinda wish I bought the LE but the Umio plush killed my interest. Nep is super adorable on the cover of the OST though.

On another note, Uzume is just killing me with how cute she is.
Image

User avatar
NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm
Location: Lilybox

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:56 pm

With the exception of the enemy voices (I've endured U so I think I can do so with this) is there any negative points about the game? I want to finish my U platinum otherwise I'd pop the game in and experience it for myself. :)
Image
Image
PSN: YuriFan9999

User avatar
killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2498
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby killer9i1994 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Really just the utter lack of voiced cutscenes in English is the only negative point I've found. Its getting worse as I go on. Blanc's first scene wasn't voiced, neither was Uni's, or three other characters I'm guessing will be important later.
Image

User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby vertical09 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:44 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:With the exception of the enemy voices (I've endured U so I think I can do so with this) is there any negative points about the game? I want to finish my U platinum otherwise I'd pop the game in and experience it for myself. :)

Seems like the only real complaint is the severe lack of voiced scenes.
It's only more disappointing when the english dub is as good as this ;_; Not voicing first time character appearances is just shocking...

As far as the actual game, it's the best in the series yet without a doubt.
Image
Image

User avatar
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby My1xT » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:05 pm

doesnt really matter to me, coz I LOVE the jp voices.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby vertical09 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:12 pm

My1xT wrote:doesnt really matter to me, coz I LOVE the jp voices.

Neptunia is one of the very few games where the english dub is just as good as the JP dub.
Uzume is great in english!
Image
Image

User avatar
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby My1xT » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:58 pm

I dunno Uzume but when I started the first Nep game in English I immediately rebooted my PS3, because, well my ears.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby Darcnova » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:12 am

vertical09 wrote:
My1xT wrote:doesnt really matter to me, coz I LOVE the jp voices.

Neptunia is one of the very few games where the english dub is just as good as the JP dub.
Uzume is great in english!


vert, would've thought by now that you'd know it's pointless to try and convince people like that that a dub can be good :P

User avatar
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby My1xT » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:21 am

it depends on the dub. Tales of Symphonia wasnt bad and DAnganronpa was plain hilarious.
but neps, pls not.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

User avatar
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9669
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: The realm of Jenova, in the world of Eorzea.

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby vertical09 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:56 am

Darcnova wrote:
vertical09 wrote:
My1xT wrote:doesnt really matter to me, coz I LOVE the jp voices.

Neptunia is one of the very few games where the english dub is just as good as the JP dub.
Uzume is great in english!


vert, would've thought by now that you'd know it's pointless to try and convince people like that that a dub can be good :P

My excuse is I haven't been on these forums for quiiite a bit, haha. Feels good to be back, I was starting to think all the familiar faces left the Nep forums ;_;
Image
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby vampko » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 am

vertical09 wrote:As far as the actual game, it's the best in the series yet without a doubt.

100% in agreeance~

I loved this game soooooo much~<3

So glad that others are finally getting to experience it :mrgreen:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Lowee & Leanbox

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby LoweeIsLove » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Well I'm just happy it's way more dubbed than Victory/RB3.

I'm really enjoying the new characters, especially Uzume, Umio, S-Sha, and Adult Neptune!

This is a great improvement from Victory!

I hope the main games are just as good as this one from here on! :D
Image
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests