Neptunia Re;Birth 3 (PSV/PC)|(6/30 US 7/3 EU PSV / Fall PC)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Neptunia Re;Birth 3 (PSV/PC)|(6/30 US 7/3 EU PSV / Fall PC)

Postby LoweeIsLove » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:49 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Wow...my timing couldn't have been any worse. And here I thought now was a good enough time to jump back into the forum.

NoireRulz wrote:The Neptunia fanbase/community never ceases to amaze me.........

You and me both.

Me third..... :?
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:Wow...my timing couldn't have been any worse. And here I thought now was a good enough time to jump back into the forum.

NoireRulz wrote:The Neptunia fanbase/community never ceases to amaze me.........

You and me both.

Fourth.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:30 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:
LoweeIsLove wrote:

You and me both.

Fourth.

Uh, whatever comes after four.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Rather than reply to comments I've... actually replied to before, looking at them, I'll just say that there's a thread on IFI's board for this topic as well as an entire subforum here that could be used for a new thread should one be necessary.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:57 pm

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit so far - and the remakes definitely have a different feel. I'm kind of interested in seeing how many ideas were brought into V-II.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:15 pm

The gameplay it's...odd to explain it but, I'll do my best. The gameplay feels new, but at the same time it feels like the original Victory's gameplay. My gut is telling me that's a good thing. Re;Birth 3 is slowly becoming my favorite Re;Birth after 1. :D
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Source

Gradon
Majin
Majin

Postby Gradon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Does anyone know where the alt. battle music plan is? I am not really far in but I never liked Victory's battle music at all.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:29 pm

It's a fair bit improved from "Victory" and even the previous "Re;Birth" games.

Though there is one part that I'm severely disappointed in. While it's a neat thing in a way, I don't like how there are plans tied to doing challenges now. I never really liked it in any of the games that it has been featured in.

But if it was only stuff like like stat+ plans or even the extra combo slots, I'd be more okay with it. But locking EXE drives behind them I found to be a terrible decision, even if they aren't too hard to get.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Gradon wrote:Does anyone know where the alt. battle music plan is? I am not really far in but I never liked Victory's battle music at all.

I forgot what area ( I think it's three or four?) but you have to use Stella's Dungeon to get it.
Source

YotsuMaboroshi
Vassal
Vassal

Postby YotsuMaboroshi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Alt battle music plan comes from clearing Area 1 of Stella's Dungeon. So earliest you can get it is Ch2 after the Stella's Dungeon tutorial.

The plan itself requires a Magical Stone, which I think the earliest you can get it is a drop in Area 2 of Stella's Dungeon. It only changes the standard battle music, not sure if there are other plans to change the dangerous and tough battle musics.

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:23 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Though there is one part that I'm severely disappointed in. While it's a neat thing in a way, I don't like how there are plans tied to doing challenges now. I never really liked it in any of the games that it has been featured in.

But if it was only stuff like like stat+ plans or even the extra combo slots, I'd be more okay with it. But locking EXE drives behind them I found to be a terrible decision, even if they aren't too hard to get.

I agree with this. The plans pretty much replaced bonus voices in this regard......but at least getting the bonus voices felt rewarding :P.

The EXE skill and the extra combo slots are the only rewarding things from this, menu voices are nice though. Don't really care for the stat bonuses plans.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:14 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:...locking EXE drives behind them I found to be a terrible decision, even if they aren't too hard to get.

Reminds me of games like Ratchet & Clank Future where you had to use a weapon/action numerous times to unlock a more powerful version of it. I personally don't mind so long as it doesn't take forever to do so.

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 pm

100 SP Skills per character, which means it might take a while if you're switching characters often.

SP Skills feel like they do more damage though.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:24 pm

KoopaTroopinski wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:...locking EXE drives behind them I found to be a terrible decision, even if they aren't too hard to get.

Reminds me of games like Ratchet & Clank Future where you had to use a weapon/action numerous times to unlock a more powerful version of it. I personally don't mind so long as it doesn't take forever to do so.

You need have a character use an SP skill 100 times to get the plan. Then you need to get the material, which is always a single "Large Pincer", along with having at least 16 MB to spend. And that's just for a single character.

Like I said, it's not too bad but it's certainly rather annoying. Especially if you got the DLC characters and want to use them as well. The soonest you can unlock them is I think Chapter 3...maybe? That's around when you can even get the "Large Pincer" material I think. So even if you get the plan early, you can't really do anything with it.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:53 pm

you can get most of the DLC charas right in chap1 except for the oracles. you get 1 at each of the 1st 4 chapters. iffy and compa probably later around ch7 or so. just started ch3 so ni Idea.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”